PDA

View Full Version : Poll - would you pay for DOY?

NeoChick
20-11-03, 07:46
Would you be willing to pay for the DOY expansion? After all, usually you have to pay for expansions of any game, to give it to us for free would be overly generous I think

What do you think?

Nvidia
20-11-03, 07:49
Absolutely, I'd have no problem paying for an expansion, especially for a game that's kept me addicted for almost 11 months :)

Marx
20-11-03, 08:09
No problem paying.

Psycho_Soldier
20-11-03, 08:12
I wouldn't have had a problem paying when it was first scheduled to release. But now I would. They lead us on too long and plus, they already said it would be free, so going back on there word about it being free wouldn't make them look too good.

Psycho Killa
20-11-03, 08:28
Basicaly if it doesnt suck i would pay.

LVirus
20-11-03, 08:37
When you have 3 accounts, you have cash to pay for games you play so yes :D

Zanathos
20-11-03, 08:48
Depends on the content.

Shadow Dancer
20-11-03, 09:18
It totally depend on what DOY has. I don't want to sound rude, but DOY better not F*ing be just a new zone with a few npcs and a new faction or something. Too much damn time was spent "working on DOY". It better have loads of new items, new content, new mobs, etc.....

If it's worth it, i would pay..............

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-11-03, 09:37
no, doy was promised free. not to mention it is a year late :/ so no but I would pay for the next expantion, no questions asked.

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 10:27
Originally posted by NeoChick
Would you be willing to pay for the DOY expansion? After all, usually you have to pay for expansions of any game, to give it to us for free would be overly generous I think

What do you think?

Been asked before - same poll different options :rolleyes:

Deanus_willis
20-11-03, 11:05
I think if this game has kept me going for 13 months and all i pay is 9.99. then hell yeah, charge me! i wanna pay for it, if it makes it better, come out sooner and make more expansions (or just the continuation of the servers) then that would be great too :)

Divide
20-11-03, 11:34
heh Ill pay if that will get it here any sooner, or would get CoDi someone else to share the load

deac
20-11-03, 11:58
Rawr since i got 4 accounts.... a few more bucks wont matter.......

ps. really need to cancel one but cant decide :wtf:

Zanathos
20-11-03, 15:14
You get what you pay for ^_^

superfresh
20-11-03, 16:28
Anything to help the cause.

.hack//sign
20-11-03, 16:37
NO!! u must be shush,dont give them ideas:eek:

jernau
20-11-03, 16:48
Sprouts are nice.

Boing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thane
20-11-03, 16:52
i eat children.

KRIMINAL99
20-11-03, 16:52
I would pay for neptune to be opened with all the original rules..

:)

[SP]Ostrich
20-11-03, 16:54
If you want to pay them extra money, get a new account, do NOT make the rest of us pay by giving them ideas. or donate them donuts, observe:

<PerfDave> We should donate donuts to KK
<PerfDave> Then they'll all get so fat they can't leave their desks and spend their whole lives coding NC! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

El_MUERkO
20-11-03, 16:56
I would be willing to pay a ont time only payment for the download of $/€ 20.00 for DOY but not an increase to the monthly subscription.

CerealKiller
20-11-03, 17:22
I'd pay, if it would help KK release DoY.

Elric
20-11-03, 17:25
they promised it for free at the begining, they should stick to their word on it. After that.. who knows.

Ryuben
20-11-03, 17:27
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
I would be willing to pay a ont time only payment for the download of $/€ 20.00 for DOY but not an increase to the monthly subscription.

they all ready increased it once :rolleyes:

jernau
20-11-03, 17:28
Originally posted by Ryuben
they all ready increased it once :rolleyes:

When?

//Ring\\
20-11-03, 17:34
no they didnt.. :rolleyes:

btw the dl version is free.. but chances are it will come out months after retail version so yea

Psycho Killa
20-11-03, 17:38
They didnt increase it but i beleive some countries got an online gaming tax or something like that.

Spoon
20-11-03, 17:43
I wouldn't pay for it, it was promised for free....

Besides I thought they said they more or less have to give it out free because it has to be patched on all the players clients to work.....

IE; you wouldn't be able to play without it, the way it's set up now, people that couldn't afford it, wouldn't be able to play NC at all......

Judge
20-11-03, 18:33
I don't mind. It doesn't bother me at all.

El_MUERkO
20-11-03, 18:35
Yeah the EU nailed us for for tax it wasnt KK.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 18:36
DOY will do nothing but open up a new city and introduce a couple more mobs... people have to stop clinging onto it O_o

El_MUERkO
20-11-03, 18:42
People arent just clinging to the content, they're clinging to the hope a massive relaunch will bring in new players and fill the servers.

Alot of people have said (and I agree with them) that there just isnt enough people on the servers, fuck net code, lag and fps. I want 600 people on pluto at 7am so I know I'll have an interesting day off when I call in sick.

Also local chat in the DoY plaza 1 would be like a larger version of faction chat, it'd allow faction allied clans to get to know eachother and create new alliances and with enemy factions removed from plaza 1 similar things would happen in NC.

Yes I'm looking forward to DoY but its not just what the addon will bring to the game but who it will bring to the game.

Jest
20-11-03, 18:43
Would I end up paying? Yes. Do I want to pay for it? No. I highly doubt we will have to since its probably going to be bundled with the original NC when it hits retail at no additional cost.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 18:48
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
People arent just clinging to the content, they're clinging to the hope a massive relaunch will bring in new players and fill the servers.

Alot of people have said (and I agree with them) that there just isnt enough people on the servers, fuck net code, lag and fps. I want 600 people on pluto at 7am so I know I'll have an interesting day off when I call in sick.

Also local chat in the DoY plaza 1 would be like a larger version of faction chat, it'd allow faction allied clans to get to know eachother and create new alliances and with enemy factions removed from plaza 1 similar things would happen in NC.

Yes I'm looking forward to DoY but its not just what the addon will bring to the game but who it will bring to the game.

this is exactly what i mean... everyone thinks it will save NC.

"it will bring hundreds of players" - doubtfull... even if they do how long will they stay with the bugs?

"it will add high level content" - like what? i have heard nothing said by kk... it may add a couple more mobs, a few more rare farming locations...

"it will fix all the long running bugs" - and why dont they do the bug fixes now rather than wait for a publisher? O_o

people expect DoY to fix everything... it just wont happen! i love this game. i have played since beta 3. i dont intend to quit. however i am not blind to the fact that it is dieing, and DoY will prolly just delay that (if we are lucky...)

Junkie

Clothing_Option
20-11-03, 19:01
This has to be the dumbest question ever.

First of all i pay for 2 accounts like many on pluto.
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling & very close to racist ]

So the idea that i should have to PAY MORE!!!! for DOY is a slap in the face

Thats all i have to say about this idiotic poll