PDA

View Full Version : -BRAINPORT- Poll for idea on jetpacks

iainy13
20-11-03, 05:59
Ok i alrdy made a post on this in brainport so i will just cut an paste here aswell.

I posted this in beta an the start of retail but ive decided to post it again

how about a jetpack for jumping realy high? It would require strengh and constitution and there could be 4 levels of this and a rare. They would work by having a recharge meter and would basicly only allow you to jump high and slwly recharges over time. Maybe it could drain endurance points aswell? You would have to select it from the quickbelt though so you couldent use a weapon while jumping but i cant see a sumple solution to that problem. I decided to give this idea for tanks becouse they dont realy have anything special. I mean all there weapons do is hurt things. Every other class has somthing special, so i feel its time tanks get somthing. Alright so here are what the levels of jetpack should be.

Level 1 VPB-MA1
STR-----60
CON----50
Jump max 25 feet
Recharge in 1 minute

Level 2 VPB-MA2
STR-----75
CON----65
Jump max 40 feet
Recharge in 45 seconds

Level 3 VPB-MA3
STR-----90
CON----80
Jump max 60 feet
Recharge in 30 seconds

Level 4 VPB-MA4
STR----105
CON---95
Jump max 75 feet
Recharge in 15 seconds

VINDICATOR or INFLICTOR or DEMINISHER
STR----120
CON---105
Jump max 125 feet
Recharge in 15 seconds

VPD MA1
Stands for vertical propulsion device model A1. where as A is the model number and 1 is its level.

Ive also made one of these packs lower so lowtech PE's can use them to help escape from a fight. Though not as nice as the stealths. I realize i break the 15+ con thing in the end but i felt like it. Im very open to change and tweaking on this idea. So this is kinda just the basic idea. I also realize that if you jump 125 feet in the air its goinna hurt so maybe somthin cushins the fall... like a slight burst o flame er anti gravity i dont know. Also if anyone has any discription ideas plz post em. Sry for the horrable structure. Im no good with that in my writing. Hope you like.

Ryleck
20-11-03, 06:10
Freaking AWESOME. gives tanks.. powrs, like stealth to the spy, jumb booster to the tanx0r

Ryleck
20-11-03, 06:12
5 stars by the way

iainy13
20-11-03, 17:34
thx. Could i maybe get some more input on this?

ezza
20-11-03, 17:38
good idea, but i can imagine that the coming down bit would result in falling damage, although it pops back up again a second or 2 later, you would be easy to kill in that small time frame if it was like the fall damage , so it would need some way of returning to earth.

good idea though, be cool if they brough it in, be like tribes or planetside, backpacks were cool in them

edit: back to the falling, if you got a slow down as you fell, you would be easy target

Cruzbroker
20-11-03, 17:43
Love it, Endless Ages has jetpacks ;)

Rizzy
20-11-03, 17:47
i love it in endlessages, but I don't think it will work well here. Classes with reticles will have a hard time aiming at something flying around whilst monks will find it easy which will only make people bitch. Also I just don't think neocron will handle jetpacks well.

iainy13
20-11-03, 17:56
you cant shoot while flying... also its not just for jumping in the middle of combat. Its more like jumping over the back wall of an op an surprising them. If monks c you take off you would prob die. So dont take off infront of a monk.

dribble that would be good but... could you move forward in the air? If not it be kinda pointless. Though would be kidna funny to see tons o people floating around.

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 17:56
I would like some sort of flight belt/suit.
Put in the QB, when activated it acts like an invisible model-less vehicle. jump/crouch to rise/fall, when stationary the normal standing model is used, when moving use the falling model perhaps (but flat down)

TC and DEX based, tanks, PEs and spys could use it. AGL/ATL for controllability?

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 18:08
Well duh!! :p

It would just be a vehicle than can also rise and fall useing jump/crouch. Jump wouldn't deactivate it, that would be assigned to the item in the QB.

iainy13
20-11-03, 18:16
wouldent that totaly ruin gliders :/

iainy13
20-11-03, 18:16
first double post ever. whoops.

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 18:18
Gliders have fuck off guns and (I forgot this) don't use feul, flight belt uses the feul you can buy in ASG shops. Gliders are seriously faster too.

iainy13
20-11-03, 18:24
ya i guss thats true. Plus you dont get the added armour. But i still want my jetpack.

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 18:26
Just a suggestion, you can have your thread back now.

Psycho_Soldier
20-11-03, 18:47
LOL, this would be cool. I could just imagine at a op war. Tanks running and flying over op's walls. Would be awesome. I was also thinking, maybe use the mal, or moonstriker to jump with much like in TFC, but then it would look wierd lol.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 18:50
why would a tank fly? if anything this should be a Spy ability / toy

however i assume you are looking to give tanks something new. IMHO this isnt it. a tank has runspeed nerf. a tank has big clumsy armour. a tank is not made to soar majestically through the air >.<

it could be a nice idea... but i cant see it being good as is.

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 18:50
Heh, if they stopped AoE working through walls (I wish :rolleyes: )
You would have loads of tanks jumping up and down to shoot over at the turrets :p

//edit, off to a lecture now, ill draw summat duing it thay may ammuse.

iainy13
20-11-03, 18:54
well its not exactly magesticly.. or soaring. but ok. I think its good for tanks becouse its also super heavy. not like a spy or monk would be carrying them around.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 19:06
... however look at the bulk of tank PA and think about how you could fly that around?

i have never heard of any kind of flying based on STR / CON... it would surely be an INT / DEX req if anything?

gotta be smart and gotta be quick to fly

iainy13
20-11-03, 19:12
ahh i dont think it needs int an dex... first off you dont need to be smart to press a red button... 2ndly why do you have to be quick? also the pa could help support you an the jetpack. And the jetpack can launch you higher depending on how much free load you have.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 19:15
1. all classes have PA

2. its a jetpack with 1 red button? so youdont do much then? basically a hovertech (without the ability to turn / move forward / move backward?)

3. why do you need to be quick? you ever tried flying? you know why pilots need 20/20 vision? its fast as hell... and i wouldnt want a slow jetpack!

gtg :p lol

iainy13
20-11-03, 19:52
if you read more closely its more of a jump pack thing
you dont fly. you jump high moving the direction you press slightly. also tanks pa is the only real strong pa wich could maybe suport somthing. Aside fro the pe pa wich can use the lvl one jp.