PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Outposts

ezza
20-11-03, 03:25
ok just to give a bit of nameless back ground for what im going to make a point of.

tonight, i was the only member of my clan on, the rest had logged, when i get the hack warning.

so i decided wtf might as well go and fight, so i go kill a PE and almost had the tank, who only beat me cos a ppu came down and DB'd me, so then im back at neocron wondering why we play the ops in this way.

im told my clan are as guilty as the faction who was doing this to me, and i know from my other clans, the same thing is done over and over.

wait till there off and hack.

or get as one person said 40 against 10.

to me thats boring, for hacking when other clan is offline is to me pathetic, i used to go to ops fight for the fun of the battle, one clan v another clan.

which brings me to the point of 40-10.

its no longer one clan v one clan, its like clan abc hacks umm say jeriko, so clan xyz DMs clan def and ghi(note clever naming of clans:p )to come down and help with the fight.

so it ends up loads against a few, so the loads win.

then the few goes off gets there allies, by the time that happens clan xyzs allies have gone off, so its back to 40-10 again.

i used to like op fight when it was 1 clan v 1 clan, you wouldnt need to call in other clans, cos it was a fairly even fight, ok you might sometimes and up say 10 against 7, but it was never hopeless.

i dunno maybe its just me not wanting to adapt to the current system of op fighting, but id rather have a good fight and die, than get the op cos enemy wasnt online or had to few to defend

im sure the people who i was talking to on OOC know who i am, but please leave all clan problems out of this thread, yeah you know who my clan is i know who you are, but that isnt the issue here, im just talking about ops on a general scale

Scikar
20-11-03, 03:27
To some people, the fight matters, to others, the OP.

ezza
20-11-03, 03:28
Originally posted by Scikar
To some people, the fight matters, to others, the OP.

i guess, but its not like the op is so special that you would need to go to such a length to guarentee taking the op

Scikar
20-11-03, 03:30
Originally posted by ezza
i guess, but its not like the op is so special that you would need to go to such a length to guarentee taking the op

Yeah but often they are people who don't have many OPs and haven't realised that they're more hassle than they're worth. Also there are times when you take an OP without caring how many owners are on.

JustIn_Case
20-11-03, 10:28
Well, im in for the fights, but you need OPs to be able to fight (stupid, stupid locked GRs :mad:).

And there are far more lame tactics then retaking an OP when the odds are better (like logging alts with friendly factions to the enemy to take out turrets).

MkVenner
20-11-03, 10:43
Clan xyz goes to get def, ghi because they thionk that clan abc will got get clan mno and uvw.

I agree tho op fights shud go back to clan vs clan or equal numbers at least, well equal ranks.

Rizzy
20-11-03, 10:49
You cant just count numbers of people though, you need to account for who has the vantage point of being inside the base, do they have turrets and if so, how many?

Deanus_willis
20-11-03, 10:56
I was at Jeriko on saturn last night when it was taken from us.
not exactly a fair fight, and im not complaining. I counted at least 3 clans fighting against our clan, and we had minimal members online. But as it was said, we did have turrets and we did keep the op for a good amount of time. Maybe these numbers against us are needed to guarentee a victory. I dont know, but sometimes it does seem hopeless, and thats not the point of op fights to me. The main clan in the attack had enough people and enough skill to take it from us without the help of the other two clans. But hey, they got it and they deserved it for there tactics :)

-FN-
20-11-03, 11:08
Well, all I know is that when the odds are 2 vs 14, you can still win a fight ;) and 2 vs 9 is still very winnable too :D

Deanus_willis
20-11-03, 11:14
ok thats true, but that depends on far too much crap and a hefty bit of luck. As well as ppu presence it depends on the apu/tank etc. But generally those numbers guartees a victory :wtf:

JustIn_Case
20-11-03, 11:47
Well, 1 Clan vs 1 Clan is the must fun, but can be unfair depending on clan size an such.

On Saturn there was lots of complains on ND being to big, well, now they arent the biggest clan any longer (they just got skill ;) ).
So for smaller clans who want to OP fight, they need to work together with other clans (but i wish was it would be within the same faction...).

Forgive me Ezza, but i need to bring your thread of topic for a while:
Begin OffTopic:
-------------------------------------------
Ive got my biggest surprice in NC for far yesterday...We got an hack warning from Ceres Mine and a Clan mate GR:d in to check it out.
He called it all clear since he couldnt see anybody there (ninja?).
Then we got a layer-2 warning and i thought wtf? Must be stealth hackers...So i GR:d in and when i left underground i got hit by 6-8 HL in one second :eek: , there was a huge army there (nice to see Rizzys tank)

The explanation was that my clanmate got stuck in some sort of lagg and couldnt see any of the enemies and there for called it all clear, he he, i almost shit my pants when i surfaced.
--------------------------------------------
End OffTopic:

deac
20-11-03, 12:09
hawr hawr like last night vs zerg.. over dm we get the word that zerg is about 8 ppl.. soo ok that seems about fair we got the same... only problem when we get there its more like 14-16 :)

oh well.... all is fair in love and war right?

Cubico
20-11-03, 12:37
Hi,

There is no honor at all in a war, and as a soldier you learn to make sure that you will win before you attack.

If you want a funny fight, then go to Neofrag. I think its really not easy to discuss fight rules with the enemy or find a clan with the same strength/members online/similar ranks etc.

My enemies usually drop turrets in OP fights. They pk noobs and are winning team joiners.
If I would start to talk about honor, I am sure some of them would not understand what I mean.

When I look how these enemy clans are organized (k, mine too), then I realize that its not easy to communicate a complex thing like combat-rules to the members.
And you need only one or two clan members that "forget" to follow the clan rules (dont attack enemy in cave, dont pk without reason, dont ninja-hack etc.) and you have the same problem again.

ezza
20-11-03, 12:56
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

There is no honor at all in a war, and as a soldier you learn to make sure that you will win before you attack.

If you want a funny fight, then go to Neofrag. I think its really not easy to discuss fight rules with the enemy or find a clan with the same strength/members online/similar ranks etc.

My enemies usually drop turrets in OP fights. They pk noobs and are winning team joiners.
If I would start to talk about honor, I am sure some of them would not understand what I mean.

When I look how these enemy clans are organized (k, mine too), then I realize that its not easy to communicate a complex thing like combat-rules to the members.
And you need only one or two clan members that "forget" to follow the clan rules (dont attack enemy in cave, dont pk without reason, dont ninja-hack etc.) and you have the same problem again.

whos talking about honour, couldnt care less about honour, i mean last night i came across to CAs who crashd there car in the water, both helpless still killed em, so its not a issue of honour.

the point is having a fun battle, i just dont see the point in hacking when there no on, you aint gonna get a battle that wayo_O so in that case it wouldnt matter about number or turrets, if there not on you only need 3 hackers.

it seems people dont want a good fight anymore:(

i remember as a merc doing a good 3 hour hack session, not one single battle in that time, and we had about 20 people to start with,a few hours later noone was there, why? cos they wanted a fight, if its just gonna be overwhelming odds or no enemy, people will stop op fighting as i did for a while.

Cyphor
20-11-03, 14:50
Originally posted by -FN-
Well, all I know is that when the odds are 2 vs 14, you can still win a fight ;) and 2 vs 9 is still very winnable too :D

Heh yeah just got to make sure you have a ppu on 24/7 to make up one of the two :p

Originally posted by Cubico
There is no honor at all in a war

How can you call it a war if no battles take place o_O

ezza
20-11-03, 15:08
Originally posted by Rizzy
You cant just count numbers of people though, you need to account for who has the vantage point of being inside the base, do they have turrets and if so, how many?

ok rizzy valid point, but howmany times have i see TG complaining when the mercs would bring every man and his dog(or PPU) to a fight, when it was just your clan alone.

i can understand if say your clan had 15 on while mercs only had 5 so to even odds up they brough another clan into the battle.

as for turrets well ok they do help to extent, the shocker very usefull unfortunatly:( , however alot of battle start at the main gates(if its one of those type ops) so the turrets arnt a problem at that point.

i just started thinking about that after one of my superiors in the clan said we are really a clan v clan, clan.

but now we have to allie with enemies to even the fighting odds out, where as if we just kept it on a clan v clan basis, the battle would be more fun, cos at least people would be there for the fight, instead of a hour assembling a force only to have the enemy log of in the mean time.

Lecko
20-11-03, 15:11
You were that tank Ezza? :lol:

You did quite well. I agree with you about the fights. I've been in some situations where a friendly clan will wait till the opposing clan is offline or indeed the other way around. Go to bed with OPs being held for hours and in the morning, they gone. Hacked back.

Maybe something that would make the combat more interesting and less one sided... People do tend to disappear when the combat is heavily against them or there's no enemy. :lol: We should have some "uber" (see other thread) OP fight with city and anti-city factions opposing each other. That would be cool. I wouldnt care if it was 100-20.

And that melee competition. So many things.....

ezza
21-11-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Lecko
You were that tank Ezza? :lol:

You did quite well. I agree with you about the fights. I've been in some situations where a friendly clan will wait till the opposing clan is offline or indeed the other way around. Go to bed with OPs being held for hours and in the morning, they gone. Hacked back.

Maybe something that would make the combat more interesting and less one sided... People do tend to disappear when the combat is heavily against them or there's no enemy. :lol: We should have some "uber" (see other thread) OP fight with city and anti-city factions opposing each other. That would be cool. I wouldnt care if it was 100-20.

And that melee competition. So many things.....

yeah the tank was me, out of interest which were you?

i get the feeling from my clan that they dont do many ops fight simply because the way ops are though now.

shame cos theres some damn good fighters in my clan.

tbh i was not gonna GR in knowing that it was gonna be 1 v many, but i wasnt doing anything else at the time sooooooo off i went;)

Doc Holliday
21-11-03, 02:01
come to uranus. u will see what getting zerged really means. and then on trade u get told how u got owned cos the other side had outmonked u 3 to 1. its sick.

MkVenner
21-11-03, 02:35
from my point of veiw op wars on saturn are leveling out when it does come to a hed to head fight, rarely 1 clan vs another, but the sides r still equal.

But there is still alot of, "hackem back while there asleep" going on, which aint right...theres no point, theres no skill, like sum 1 sed b4, all u need then is 3 hackers, mebbe a few combats to take out turrets that r in the way etc....ure not showing that u r best, just can stay awake longer...if u really wanna prove u deserve the op fiht for it...

ezza
21-11-03, 03:04
Originally posted by MkVenner
from my point of veiw op wars on saturn are leveling out when it does come to a hed to head fight, rarely 1 clan vs another, but the sides r still equal.

But there is still alot of, "hackem back while there asleep" going on, which aint right...theres no point, theres no skill, like sum 1 sed b4, all u need then is 3 hackers, mebbe a few combats to take out turrets that r in the way etc....ure not showing that u r best, just can stay awake longer...if u really wanna prove u deserve the op fiht for it...

hell dont even need the combats, 3 spies, stealth past turrets in to the hack room, hack op, and then take the turrets as well

MkVenner
21-11-03, 03:08
yeah i didnt take ibnto account stealth, but say there were turrets in the hack room? or tons of Stun traps

ezza
21-11-03, 03:12
hmm though it didnt let you stick em in the hack room or to close to the hack terminal

MkVenner
21-11-03, 03:14
it dont? im probly rong, only been playing a month so ure probly right.

ezza
21-11-03, 03:15
Originally posted by MkVenner
it dont? im probly rong, only been playing a month so ure probly right.

well tbh its been a while since ive done regular ops battles, only the od one now and then cos of the monk situation and the way ops fights are done now adays :\