PDA

View Full Version : Question for the fellow Americans about paying for NC with a credit card

Jest
20-11-03, 01:29
Does any one else get hassled by their credit card company for "high risk activity" by paying for Neocron? I'm been playing this game for a year now and pretty much since I started I get frequent calls from my credit company telling my card could be at risk. And my response is always, yes I'm aware of the 9.95 charge to Germany on the 17th, if you will kindly look at previous months its been there every single damn time!!!!! I swear I've called in and told them its an ok charge at least 4 times.

I appreciate that they are watching my card for odd charges and all but its really pissing me off. I usually just ignore the phone messages and the bright red text on my cc bills. Which basically means that the service is now useless. Even if some one actually was using my card without my knowledge I would never know it because I ignore the calls. So anyway, just wanted to ask if any one else deals with it. I've never heard any one else mention it so I'm wondering if its just me.

wun
20-11-03, 01:34
hehe i wouldn't know... cos A) i ain't in the US..

and

2) haha it's embarassing and funny at the same time., but i hit a bit of trouble financially last year... maxed out CC and unemployed,one of the few fun things i had left was NC and gettin drunk... often at the same time... but i had the charge moved to my parents CC... and conveniently forgot to change it back... i just realised then when i you mentioned it and when i thought bout it that i haven't seen the charge on my CC statement...

the embarrassing part is.. i'm 26 :D

Jest
20-11-03, 01:37
Originally posted by wun
and conveniently forgot to change it back... i just realised then when i you mentioned it and when i thought bout it that i haven't seen the charge on my CC statement...
Hahaha.

*Note to self, get parents credit card number tonight*

SnotNosedBrat
20-11-03, 01:44

then they will only call u once

Lexxuk
20-11-03, 01:46
NC used worldpay, which is run by the Royal Bank of Scotland? You trust a scottish bank for your money.... :eek: :eek: :lol:

hose187
20-11-03, 03:11
I always use a debit card. Not as safe, I suppose, but more convenient. You could always open a new checking account and put $10 a month in it if you don't have a card already.