PDA

View Full Version : A plea to the Pluto players.

Marx
20-11-03, 00:03
Turn on your fucking NC trade channel and NC skill channel.

Its vastly saddening that there are people that spam plaza 1 local with 'Need Repps' or 'Need constructor' while there's people on the trade channel spamming that they do that particular skill.

Tradeskillers play to serve.

You need service to play.

Wisen up.

kthx.

:rolleyes:

Phiberdelic
20-11-03, 00:05
hrmmm while your at it lets also ask ppl to stop using Trade chans as their primary chat...use OOC ppl, that is why I have Trade turned off.

Shadow Dancer
Stop giving them melee parts n00b.

:p

Nexxy
theres a NC skill channel O_o

Syntax-Error
Naa come to TH.. we do it all better here.

ElfinLord
I feel a 'Keep It In Game' coming on, but this is a very good point.

What annoys me even more is when people ask for a poker, for example, but don't specify what TL they need.

I don't really know why it irritates me, it just does.

Marx
20-11-03, 00:08
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Stop giving them melee parts n00b.

:p

Dude, of the 38 parts I did for you... like 5 were melee parts.

Just drop it for gads sake.

o_O

I feel a 'Keep It In Game' coming on, but this is a very good point.

I certainly hope not... what would I do.... Tell them on trade NC or skill NC to turn on ... Trade NC or skill NC?

:wtf:

ElfinLord
20-11-03, 00:24
Originally posted by Marx
I certainly hope not... what would I do.... Tell them on trade NC or skill NC to turn on ... Trade NC or skill NC?

:wtf:
Nah, you could use OOC, or spam every other channel looking for work.

Besides, if you really want the work and know that they are in Plaza 1 then you could go there. But this brings to my point about not knowing what TL they need. If I'm a mid-level tradeskiller and need some XP or some cash, why shoud I genrep from MB to Plaza if I can't do the job, right?

Anyway, you do make a very good point and I agree with you, it's annoying as hell.

nonamebrandeggs
20-11-03, 00:26
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Naa come to TH.. we do it all better here.

I'd be glad too... :P

Marx
20-11-03, 00:29
Nah, you could use OOC, or spam every other channel looking for work

I just pop it once on Trade NC and once on Skill NC every coupla' minutes.

Nothing pisses me off more than those people that spam it like 5 times in a row... every 30 seconds.

The spamming is partly the reason for people muting it.

I can understand why people mute the channels - even I mute them periodically.

All I ask is that people refrain from being dimwits and use the channels when they need shit; instead it seems most completely forget about it.

o_O

Clothing_Option
20-11-03, 02:13
I think mine is on but it doesnt work correctly

BelPeeWee
20-11-03, 02:45
Call me a n00b -- but I have no idea what this thread means... channels? Is there a global chat within the game? Or the in-game forums? *confused*

t0rqu3
20-11-03, 02:50
Originally posted by BelPeeWee
Call me a n00b -- but I have no idea what this thread means... channels? Is there a global chat within the game? Or the in-game forums? *confused*
YOUR SIG SUCKS

BelPeeWee
20-11-03, 02:56
Originally posted by t0rqu3
YOUR SIG SUCKS

How wonderful -- thank you for that input. I am glad your post contained relevant information... </sarcasm>

You may now resume your regularly scheduled posting...

Shadow Dancer
20-11-03, 03:12
Bel your sig is too big, it's in violation of forum rules. And I think some people might get offended by your first paragraph in it.

Marx
20-11-03, 03:30
Press F1, brings up the hypercom.

Click 'custom'

There's all the trade, skill, ooc, help, and recruit channels.

If there's an X next to it, you can hear whats said.

If there isn't an X next to it, it's muted.

Click the spot directly to the text's left to mute/unmute the channels.

nonamebrandeggs
20-11-03, 03:30
YOUR SIG SUCKS

KramerTheWeird
20-11-03, 03:31
ya it's almost as bad as shadow dancer's!

HIJACK!!

ElfinLord
20-11-03, 12:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Bel your sig is too big, it's in violation of forum rules. And I think some people might get offended by your first paragraph in it.
As an American I think the first paragraph is absolutely hillarious. It is so true. Most Americans are stupid. Let's face it, education is NOT a major part of our culture here. However, our culture is simply a melting pot of cultures from the rest of the world. So what does that say about the rest of the world?;)

If Bel were to make it more politically correct, then he/she should change the word 'America' to 'the World'. The statement would still ring true then and everyone could be offended instead of just a few people from one group.:D

IMO, the quote with the most potential for being offensive would be the second one. Religious commentary of any form has vast potential for creating arguments and flame fests to rival the fires of World War 3.

Back On Topic:

I just pop it once on Trade NC and once on Skill NC every coupla' minutes.

Nothing pisses me off more than those people that spam it like 5 times in a row... every 30 seconds.

I can understand why people mute the channels - even I mute them periodically.

All I ask is that people refrain from being dimwits and use the channels when they need shit; instead it seems most completely forget about it.
I agree 100%.

Dimwits, I love that word. It is so true about so many in this game.:p

Nixon
20-11-03, 13:16
TAKE IT TO TRADE!

BelPeeWee
20-11-03, 14:17
I did remove the Bible (and Pulp Fiction) quote... and modified the America quote for one reason... The Swedish have warning labels on their chainsaws saying "Do not attempt to stop blade with hand or genitals." -- My grandfather has one...
Also, I am an American ... and would proudly move to Canada... I can't wait until they take over the United States.

Marx, thank you for answering my question... there are things that I either overlook, or are not documented where I read up on the game... many things still confuse me.

For those of you who decided to, very rudely, "inform" me that my signature was too large... A private message, a quote of the rules for signatures, and a simple "Hey, I figured you may want to know... “Would have been much more appreciated. You may have more experience, it may seem like common sense to you, but -- guess what? You cannot expect everybody to know every bit of information that you know... the human race does not have a Hive Mind, such a feat is impossible.

It is people with that mindset that are the cause of most of the problems in the world today. People, who believe that they are correct, under any circumstances -- even when faced with facts that disprove their point -- and assume, or feel that, the entire world does, or should, know every thought that goes on inside their miniscule mind.

That said...

GAME ON!

Zanathos
20-11-03, 15:13
My trade chat is always on.

Ryuben
20-11-03, 15:43
Originally posted by BelPeeWee
[i]
People, who believe that they are correct, under any circumstances -- even when faced with facts that disprove their point -- and assume, or feel that, the entire world does, or should, know every thought that goes on inside their miniscule mind.

That said...

GAME ON!

na thats QD but hes been banned so thats cool

erm yeah some people jsut like to prove how good thy are by trying to slap others down..

and i keep my custom chanels muted because......

my buddy is always talking.........team is normally talking...clan is normally talking....so owlt from custom is jsut spam....like some trade skiller was spamming a 3 line advertisment twice...this soon got on my nerves so custom got muted

*shrugs*

james_finn
20-11-03, 15:54
OK, I totally agree with you here guys. But I must say that if people want trade skillers then the place to come to is Plaza 1, I used to love being a researcher in plaza 1 and trying to beat my competition to the customers!

As far as spamming goes, people mute the individuals and not the whole channel. As far as it goes, if my clan organises an event, then appart from nema and neocronicle we will be telling people about it on Trade-NC, as this is the most populated channel.

There must be a way for kk to remove the excessive spam, and not allow people to type continous messages on trade-nc within a set timeframe.

Delphi
"The Immortal"
-=TRiPS=-
###|| RECRUITING ON PLUTO || TS RUNNERS INGAME MAIL ME###

Original monk
20-11-03, 16:01
sorry fo offtopic: witouth trying to offend anyone or any religion or whatever: if you read it with a clear mind: then he's sig rocks lol: he's yust absolutely right:

Where all daamn stupid LOL why would this world be so fucked up otherwise ? We think we are all so smart but i can tell you one thing: roaches will live longer on this planet then humans: and its not like they are smarter then us right :P

yeah its a cruel way of saying: remove the labels (f.e: on the chainsaw) but that makes it funny lol...

dont go looking for things that arent there: its a funny and smart quote i say, littlebit cruel but if ya cant laugh anymore with anything :/
He's only laughing with the stupidity of mankind/the world in general, and he's daamn right :)

enjoy playing and posting :)

Anna
20-11-03, 18:54
Originally posted by ElfinLord
What annoys me even more is when people ask for a poker, for example, but don't specify what TL they need.

o_O
each "normal" poker does 84, and if ppl need an mc5 done they always say so...
so whats the point in specifying the tl ... ?

amfest
20-11-03, 19:15
each "normal" poker does 84, and if ppl need an mc5 done they always say so...

so you have to have TL 84 to be normal?? o_O
What if I'm just starting out and have some poking ability like to say 50 .. . well maybe the Bones that fell out of you are 50 or under .. . so I would be able to do these ..or not . .
specifying the TL will let me know that I can help out . . instead of me wasting my time saying afterwards .. .I can poke . .oh sorry . .I don't poke that high . ...or what TL do you need and then you having to say that TL . . .. Just state it first .. NEED TL **poke(s) . ..

It's not hard and very helpful to your friendly neighborhood pokers
Same goes for those requesting Research .. . we won't get into constructors .. . cause everyone wants some 150 plus skill one even for a low tl weapon :rolleyes:

joran420
20-11-03, 20:45
bah never say TL of poke thats just dumb....u click em if it says you cant do it they move on until they find a real poker it only takes one sec to click a kneeling person

i laugh when ppl say "need poke" and i reply "I poke" and they say "what TL?" and im like well since u asked for a poke and i said i poke without either of us implying a TL then i prolly will have no problem regardless of the TL of the implant

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 20:51
bel, I like your quote, and yes, I agree - they should take the "obvious" warning labels off. Still - you gotta consider - slimy people like to work for stupid people.

anyways, yes, I agree - it's idiotic that people use Trade NC as a personal chat channel. I *try* to keep chatting on it to a minimum.

Requests for Poke should be paired with "low, medium, high, MC5 TL". Its only like 1 extra second to type that adjective, and could increase your chances for a poke.

And yes, people need to stop being dimwits about asking for tradeskills. Grr... morons.

REMUS
20-11-03, 21:59
its stupid i had to give some guy directions to leo who was researching/repairing about 10 feet away from him!!!! leo was advertiseing on local and trade and this twit hadnt noticed, quite disheartening indeed!!

i think people need to pay more attention tbh i give out free pokes and advertise every 5-10 seconds and people still run in wait about 15 secs and shout "need pokes" or "anyone pokeing" it anoyys me but i keep it to myself since its hardly their fault they are unobservant hehe!

im just being a bitch but i think the main problem is people are generally lazy.

Archeus
20-11-03, 22:09

1. Tell the idiot to stop spamming or they will be put on ignore.
2. If the continue then put the idiot on ignore.
3. No more spam from said idiot.

Marx
20-11-03, 22:16
I don't like putting people on ignore.

You never know if they might provide a needed service or material later on.

Xylaz
20-11-03, 22:54

True...
but that's why i keep NC-trade mutted...

and EVERY TIME i unmute it i keep seeing happy endless ooc idiot's chatting
or
SOMETHING LIKE THIS !!!
SOMETHING LIKE THIS !!!
SOMETHING LIKE THIS !!!
SOMETHING LIKE THIS !!!

so...
i keep NC-trade muted...

amfest
20-11-03, 22:57
tbh i give out free pokes and advertise every 5-10 seconds

Aha .. so it was YOU remus ... you are the ringleader of the tradeskill spammers! .. ..

:D

Archeus
21-11-03, 09:19

But instead you put everyone on ignore like others who stand around plaza 1.

Warning then putting the person on ignore is better. Gets them to change thier spamming habits, and odds on they aren't worth trading with if they keep it up.

Marx
21-11-03, 18:14
But instead you put everyone on ignore like others who stand around plaza 1

But I can easily unmute the channel(s) when I need something.