PDA

View Full Version : CA epic run: GMs you remember Jenna?

Whitestuff
19-11-03, 23:52
Good old officer Jenna in the NCPD? Remember her? I do. I remember her cause I need to talk to her. She is important for. . . lets see 1. . . 2. . . . 3! Yes that's it, 3 of my character's epic runs. Yes they are all CA. Yes I do need that many CA PAs and yes, you guessed it, Jenna is not there. (on Saturn) You know why? Because people kill her to gain exp and faction symp for enemy factions by using an officially recognized exploit that can't be named here or else it will be deleted from my post. I sent an in game help request on 2 different characters and got the same response each time: There is no need to respawn her because exploiters will just kill her again. Ok, I thought, so this is a big F-you from KK eh? Well allow me to help you out then kind sirs. LISTEN TO THESE WILD AND CRAZY IDEAS! THEY ARE SO FECKING OFF THE WALL THAT THEY JUST MIGHT WORK FOR ALL THESE NPC BUGGY CRAZY ASS SHITE THINGS!

Suggestion 1) Maybe you could do something wild and crazy like spawn Jenna in the safe zone outside the NCPD in Via Rosso. That would eliminate the "being able to kill her" thing seeing as how you can't pull weapons there.

Suggestion 2) This goes for Monk PA NPCs and any other NPC that gets ganked and has to be respawned manually. I know this is MIND BLOWING KK, but hear me out. How about you make them auto respawn like Yo's vendors and every other epic NPC? I mean I once killed the guy in IND A (Hotonka?) 5 times in a row within 15 minutes cause he auto spawned. Why not do that with these others that DO NOT RESPAWN? Is something so dramatically different with those NPCs that it can't be done?

And one more thing: If you could not tell with my LARGE TYPE of sarcasim above, I am not happy about this nice F-you from the GM help team and I would like an official response from someone who knows:
1)Why one of my suggestions is dumb, impossible, or genius.
and
2)Why isn't it fixed yet (I am assuming since GMs put these guys in they are allowed to change their variables and what not when they respawn them, no?)

Ren
20-11-03, 00:14
shes in the doorway

take your time before ranting.

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 00:16
The NPC's for the Epics required were put outside the HQ - try looking :rolleyes:

ericdraven
20-11-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Ren
shes in the doorway

take your time before ranting.
But that's not the point.

I'd say the point is the "There is no need to respawn her because exploiters will just kill her again" from the GMs.
Well, i can just clap my hands to this - great reply! Will for sure keep the customers happy. :lol:

And i still don't know why they make VITAL NPCs not invincible so that those epic-NPC killing idiots can f** off.

Preshock
20-11-03, 00:22
Hi,

First off, your attitude is offending, wether you ment it to be or not, it is. Please take you're time and calm down next down before posting. Using an attitude like yours only creates flame wars. (Which nobody likes)

After reading this i zipped straight in and onto saturn to check to see if people were correct (or if you were correct).

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/test/uploads/shot0228.JPG

Bingo

Both the PE/SPY Pa and Officer Jenna are present.

Next time you wish to argue please check you're facts first. Most GM's can not change the def files affecting NPC's. These Static Npc's do automatically respawn and they were moved so people can complete the epics/runs.

Yours
Preshock
GM TEAM.

Preshock
20-11-03, 00:25
Originally posted by ericdraven

I'd say the point is the "There is no need to respawn her because exploiters will just kill her again" from the GMs.
Well, i can just clap my hands to this - great reply! Will for sure keep the customers happy. :lol:

I know this is a double post and my jaw will likley feel the wrath of Nid's uber arms, but i have to point something out.

No matter what people feel, the GM's and KK do not have a "F**K OFF" face about issues, esp to customers.

We have moved the NPC's so that people can continue to play and use the NPC's while we work on deleting a known exploit. I think the NCPD issue has been covered alot of times and it doesn't need to start over again.

What would you rather we do? let everyone exploit?

ericdraven
20-11-03, 00:31
Originally posted by Preshock
No matter what people feel, the GM's and KK do not have a "F**K OFF" face about issues, esp to customers.

I didn't say GMs or KK should fuck off, but the people who kill those NPCs (nor did i say GMs/KK say fuck off to us :p)

What would you rather we do? let everyone exploit?
Again you misunderstood. This was a general statement about WHY certain VITAL NPCs are placed into zones where everyone can kill them.. (monk PA constructor for example. how often does he get killed? It's just additional work for YOU GMs, you have to spawn those NPCs over and over again...)
Make them 200/200 mobs (but the rank shall show only 20/20), i really want to see the face of the first person who tries to kill such NPC.. :lol: :p

Nidhogg
20-11-03, 00:57
One of the reasons why NCPD (my spiritual home ;) ) was closed entirely and the NPCs moved outside was because they would then be in a safe zone. They cannot be killed where they are now so there is no argument to answer.

N

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 01:05

I didn't say GMs or KK should fuck off, but the people who kill those NPCs (nor did i say GMs/KK say fuck off to us :p)

[/B]

He's talking about whites original post here m8 and the large amount of abusive language :(

Omnituens
20-11-03, 01:32
LOL @ Preshocks slot 1 :lol:

all new NPCs should have their scripts added in patches and have god mode

Vampire222
20-11-03, 01:36
.... flashlight is standard gm equipment, very handy while visiting ppl in dark caves

almost as important as a 5 slot baseball bat!

Whitestuff
20-11-03, 20:27
But that's not the point.

And i still don't know why they make VITAL NPCs not invincible so that those epic-NPC killing idiots can f** off.

YOU HIT IT!!! DING DING DING DING!!!!

Eric Gets a cookie.

soz for long awaited reply, was busy 2 teh max.

EDIT: I am not refering to the "fixed" situation. I stopped bothering to check for her after three weeks of consistent checking for her and she was not there and she does not respawn. Sorry if you think she does. Good work for moving her, maybe I should have checked beforehand since I hadn't checked because I lost all hope that it would happen (reminder: after I had checked everyday for about 3 weeks and put in a help request and got the nice "sorry we can't help ya" reply. Sound better now?), but this does not change the fact of the type of reply I got.

Glad to see you are working on the problem, and I didn't mean any bad things toward any GM, I was just really peaved at the reply I got that basically said to me that I could not be helped.

@ Preshock- If you even read this. Sorry m8. I feel kinda bad, but I think my anger was well placed. Plus I have been writing this post for about a week now in my head.

*runs off to complete epic now*