PDA

View Full Version : Transfering clan ownership to un-epic'ed runner?

ichinin
19-11-03, 23:37
Hi.

I'm intrested in founding a Tradeskill clan, or rather safekeeping stuff in cabinets rather than going to someones entrance and dropping stuff there and getting it stolen or lost because of logon problems (items dissapear after 6 minutes).

So, i cannot start a clan yet since i'm not quite finished with the Epic yet, and now i want to know; can you transfer a clans ownership to someone who have not completed the Epics?

If it is possible, I'm looking for a registered clan key (i got one already but it wont let me register because of my unfinished epic)

Thanks for replies.

mr murb
20-11-03, 00:09
can you transfer a clans ownership to someone who have not completed the Epics?

YES!

ericdraven
20-11-03, 00:14
Yes you can, the master-title is only needed to activate the key. What happens to the key afterwards does not matter.

ichinin
20-11-03, 03:31
Cool, so how do a transfer work?

Do i have to 1) join the clan kick everyone out or 2) just register it and choose a new password?

Anything else i should think about?

Thanks again.

QuantumDelta
20-11-03, 03:33
You join the clan.
The clan leader clicks "Change clan leader" and it works :p

Omnituens
20-11-03, 17:56
may be borked

tried that with a crahn clan and it fucked up the clan so much it had to be removed from the database

jernau
20-11-03, 18:06
Don't do it.

The clan leadership goes over OK but the apt ownership doesn't so if the "owner" leaves you are screwed.

I tried it the other day and wasted 300k+ of clan key. As I read it on Odin's announcement it should transfer after a while but it hadn't after 72 hours so I gave in and did the ER.

I also have an old dead NEXT key to prove that it will die when the owner leaves even if that's months after you take ownership.

ericdraven
20-11-03, 18:12
Originally posted by jernau
Don't do it.

The clan leadership goes over OK but the apt ownership doesn't so if the "owner" leaves you are screwed.
Strange, it worked fine for me. The origin clan-founder is not in the clan anymore and still everything is OK..

jernau
20-11-03, 18:17
Originally posted by ericdraven
Strange, it worked fine for me. The origin clan-founder is not in the clan anymore and still everything is OK..

Did you check the "apartment" tab on the key.

Maybe it's random and I got unlucky.:(

I still would advise against it though as 300-400k is a lot to risk for the sake of an hour or so to do the ER.

Omnituens
20-11-03, 18:56
1 hour for the Non-city factions?!?!

get outta town.

jernau
20-11-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Omnituens
1 hour for the Non-city factions?!?!

get outta town.

If you have the GRs and the levels - yeah 1-2 hours is all you need.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 19:10
if the gr's are unlocked... O_o

jernau
20-11-03, 19:14
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
if the gr's are unlocked... O_o

A level 45 runner (as you would be) can run from a public GR to anywhere on the map in 10 minutes and most ER locations are under 5 mins from one.

Omnituens
20-11-03, 20:58
its finding all those runners to PK in that epic that takes the time, not the traveling

Drake6k
20-11-03, 21:01
My rank 4 character was given a clan for free that didn't have a key. We were just invited and made the leader.

J. Folsom
20-11-03, 21:01
It does work, though there are some problems with it. Though I didn't know about them before I read this thread.

KK can be happy I suppose, I now feel morally obligated to keep my account active, as I've made a few clans for people.

QuantumDelta
20-11-03, 21:24
Make them buy your account :p