PDA

View Full Version : Players and their music

MkVenner
19-11-03, 23:21
Ok ok, i dunno bout where u live but where i am people who play games like NC are steriotyped as being the type who listen to rck music in one shape or form (ive lost count of all the different types) and i was just wondering if the type of music u listen to decides your faction, well helps sway your choice.

I mean Ruff Ryders in TG is obvious, and for those of u who it aint obvious to: Ruff Ryders is DMX's crew (Rap), but mebbe thats not why they chose the name, maybe they thought up the name for the same reasons DMX did?

ok i listen to rap, ive not met NE one else in NC who does, all i see listen to Roc or Techno....lemme know...plz!

ElfinLord
19-11-03, 23:28
I listen to pretty much everything except rap/hip hop, but mostly rock like Godsmack or Audioslave.

Hip hop annoys the shit out of me. When I was a kid, some 10 to 15 years ago, hip hop and rap were good, but it's all shit, IMO.

MkVenner
19-11-03, 23:31
Fair enuff opinion, i cant stand the commercial shite like Jay Z, Ja Rule and sum Eminem. The people like DMX, Obie Trice and well...eminem who make music coz thats theyre way of life is the sort i listen to

wun
20-11-03, 01:19
i usually stay out of these threads

hiphop/rap does get beat up on... and i've had too many discussion with ppl with other music tastes to bother getting into one on here...

my opinion of bands akin to slipknot, pantera and all those bands that i don't know but belong in these categories... (because there is always some that are 'better', that ppl that don't listen to this music don't know about, such as the public face of hiphop/rap are ja rule,nelly.. etc.. but who don't really represent the music as a whole or what i listen to) would be more than inflametory (sp?) and alot of ppl here have misplaced passion when it comes to their opinion... which at the end of the day makes no difference to the other person... eg.. if i give you a three our lecture on hiphop.. will the metal heads here go... 'oh yeah' sell their cd collection and start listening to hiphop... about as likely as DOY gettin patched into the server tonight... :p

i'm a hiphop head... what kind? a mix.. i'm not a backpacker but i'm not 'gangsta' either... and fyi.. i define hiphop as the culture, the way of life and rap as the business... ja rule is a rapper..sure... but imo not hiphop... it's a fine line... a much debated line... but like i said.. i don't debate this shit no more.. i like what i like.. you like what you like..

but some of the emcees n crews i currently have in my playlist are : jmt (jedi mind tricks, although that last album was sub par), roots, j5, peanut butter wolf, kmd, louis logic, blackalicious, styles of beyond,chino xl, atmosphere, bdp... i got alot more than that.. but that's what i got all mixed up in my playlist...

i got an alternate playlist which is more commercial.. i find it sometimes inspiring to have ppl talk about all that material shit... i think it's what u take out of music that's important...

this list has ppl like lil'flip, swisha, fabo, obie, dmx (well 1 track.. the only one i really life... ruff ryders anthem rmx), some dre, some x, and some upbeat rnb (booty music as i call it.... shit anyone who says they don't like booty is full of shit... metal heads like to fuck just as much hiphop heads, just taste of music differs)

and this is why i usually stay out of these threads.. a short note turned into a minor friggen essay... back to work... i don't get payed by the hour.. just on job completion...

:wtf:

MkVenner
20-11-03, 01:24
U put my thoughts into word so much better than i eva could...creepy, and thats a few names there i seldom here ova here.

PreX
20-11-03, 01:27
I listen to rock like

Audioslave; Audiovent
Deftones; Green Day; Hoobastank; Ill Nino;
Incubus; Limp Bizkit; Linkin Park; Lost Prophets; Nirvana; No Doubt; Papa Roach;
Placebo; Queens of the stone age;
Rage against the machine; Sevendust; Soundgarden;
Static-X; System of a down; The Offspring;
The white stripes

Omnituens
20-11-03, 01:44
i listen to a bit of most things.

just not pop.

Revslad
20-11-03, 15:04
I listen to most things including rap , rock , indie and so forth but depends what kind of mood im in , but pop is just too happy so i stay clear of it.;) oh and uk garage is just shit lol:D

MkVenner
20-11-03, 15:14
Lemme try and get this back to the main point, mebbe i didnt make my self clear enuff (i usually dont :p ). I was wondering if the type of music u listened to changed which faction u choose.

And UK garage is Shite...very very shite

Original monk
20-11-03, 15:45
i liek all kinds of music :) but i listen mostly to rap and r&b yeah, it relaxes me, and dont go yelling cause i wake up with classical music in the morning :) i like piano alot, especially that chinese girl, dunno her name but she does crazy stuff with a piano.

To make it short: I like all music that sounds good :P

t0rqu3
20-11-03, 15:49
I like commercial rap like tupac, eminem, obie, 50 cent, snoop, etc. because I'm too lazy to find anything else heh.

iNsAnE
20-11-03, 15:51
Originally posted by MkVenner
Lemme try and get this back to the main point, mebbe i didnt make my self clear enuff (i usually dont :p ). I was wondering if the type of music u listened to changed which faction u choose.

i listen to pretty much everything - Rock, Hip Hop, Classical, Pop - except for techno and similar stuff. It all depends on my mood, some days i'm more into hip hop, some days more into rock etc.
No connection to factions, RL is a more important factor in my opinion.

Classical music is great for Op fights though. :)

ElfinLord
20-11-03, 15:52
Originally posted by MkVenner

And UK garage is Shite...very very shite
Ok, to actually answer the question, no, the type of music I listen to did not influence my decision for which faction to play.

I never really thought about it. I just picked whichever faction I thought would be the most fun to play at the time.:)

MkVenner
20-11-03, 15:55
ok and whats your main faction...:confused:

Dribble Joy
20-11-03, 15:57
Re. the question. No, it didn't.

Meh am a ska/punk person, with some REM/The Who/Darkness thrown in.

ElfinLord
20-11-03, 15:57
City Mercs on Pluto:)

SynC_187
20-11-03, 16:03
I like a bit of rap, but right now its Hard Trance 2003 mixed by SynC :)

[SP]Ostrich
20-11-03, 16:24
FUGEES
bob marley
bone thugs and harmony.

it changed from bd (poppy (c)rap) to proto (cant remember what music then) and to tg (see above 3 thingies)

J. Folsom
20-11-03, 16:28
Classical musics pwns noobs. Yes it does.

Though I guess some 70's stuff occasionally is nice as well.

*Goes somewhere else to get away from the sudden deafening silence*

Warlogis
20-11-03, 16:37
Right now listening to:
Cradle of Filth '2003
Arch Enemy '2003
Alchemist '2000
Machine Head "Burn my eyes" ('97 if I remember correctly)
Coptic Rain (mix from all albums)
Fear Factory (mix from all albums, mostly 1st and 2nd)
Disturbed (all albums - guys really rox!)
Evanescence '2003 "Fallen"
Die Krupps (mix from 92-97 years)
Rammstein (mostly '2001 "Mutter")
Oomph! (mix, mostly 1-4 albums)

]v[ortice
20-11-03, 16:41
A wise old man once told me that no genre of music is rubbish/crap/shite/(insert your own).

He said.... Music falls into 2 categories:

- Music you like

- Music you don't appreciate

I quite like that outlook. Marylin Manson and KoRN may be considered crap by me. But there are lots of people who like what they do. So for me to term them as "crap" is incorrect and biased on that basis. I can only give my opinion.

I've been listening to Super Furry Animals of late.

I like a broad range of music though. SFA are the best thing to come out of Wales since Ian Rush :)

Fuck I'm Bored

$tormbringer
20-11-03, 16:58
faction: tg (saturn)

musicstyle: metal mostly and gothic

Wannabe
20-11-03, 17:03
I live in Finland, North Europe to be exact.

Faction is Twilight Guardian and my music taste is kinda weird. Sometimes I listen to classical music, then to game soundtracks (currently listening to Crono Cross OST) and then to trance, rock, metal, techno, pop etc.

Usually when on op wars, I listen to stuff like Rage Againts The Machine. Then again, I listen to FF soundtracks when hunting etc.

Now that my server is back up (was down like 3 months) I installed a soundcard and speakers to it and it's playing a 2k song playlist =) On shuffle with large shuffle window ofcourse :D

// Wannabe

TheEnemy
20-11-03, 17:18
I listen to Industrial music and related electronic genres (eg. Juno Reactor who wrote some tracks for the Matrix Revolutions soundtrack is one of the more well known bands I would listen to). Music that sounds high tech and cyberpunk. Favorite band right now is Hocico.

And I'm a Fallen Angel, so I guess your idea about music deciding faction can be true.

japata
20-11-03, 17:35
Well my music choices depend what I'm doing at the moment. Usually at hard PvM (such as MC5) I have guitar rock like Johnny Winter or some ambient stuff playing. When just chilling out somewhere at plaza trying to tradeskillbitch I choose maybe Astor Piazzolla, jazz classics or psy trance, depends on the day and the position of Mars. :)

And when just doing smooth PvP'ing or easy PvM deep house, triphop or some funky DnB. That's about it. No pop, no rap, no generic techo, no trance... just jazz, tango or the more underground club music.

Btw, ain't my avatar cool? :)

MkVenner
20-11-03, 19:48
cool, i was raing hovertech with sum people the first time i had one and i had the Fast and the Furious OST, Ruff Ryders album and...something else probly Blade II OST...that was a fun coupla hours...until it broke down into:

"u know the bit in Fast and Furious when the car blows up?" (incoming fire)
"NOOO not my brand new Hover Tech"

Oath
20-11-03, 19:52
the cheap pron music in said pron movies.

Faction = Tsunami

Or really

METUL!!!!!!

Faction , tsunami

iainy13
20-11-03, 19:58
I like all songs that sound good personaly. I listen to tons of bands. Course i got some favorites, but generaly i like all bands an dont hate any. Exept for the hives! They got one semi good song. I got their album. its horrable! Waste of 15$.
soad
barnaked ladies
linken park
smashmouth
our lady peace
pillar
daft punk
And im tt. My music style usaly dousent change depending on where i am an what situation i am in.