This happened in my country

http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/communications/0,39001141,39154253,00.htm

He must have downloaded the Al Quaida ringtone :lol:

Vampire222
19-11-03, 18:06
Its a Trap!

Dribble Joy
19-11-03, 18:08
Old news, been happening all over the world when people are using the wrong batteries for the phones.

jernau
19-11-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Old news, been happening all over the world when people are using the wrong batteries for the phones.

Yeah. At one point Nokia were trying to talk it all up somewhere or other to make people buy their batteries.

Mumblyfish
19-11-03, 18:32
It's actually been reported to happen in perfectly new phones with Nokia batteries. Just put it down to shitty design. From the company that brought you the N-Gage... hand grenades with text message functionality!

Archeus
19-11-03, 18:34
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
It's actually been reported to happen in perfectly new phones with Nokia batteries. Just put it down to shitty design. From the company that brought you the N-Gage... hand grenades with text message functionality!

Linkage? Because Nokia are saying otherwise in that news report.

Ransom
19-11-03, 19:25
However, Consumentenbond, a Dutch consumer association, said that the phone that blew up on Monday was new, with an original battery.

Says it on the above link. However, Nokia said that they have no proof, not that it has never happened. Besides in a country such as vietnam air temperatures could reach high enough for a battery exposed to the sun to explode anyway, regardless of failsafe circuitry.

An ericsson T28 of mine nearly exploded when I foolishly left it charging on top of a transformer that was giving out heat, the super thin battery is now sort of D shaped :D

Edit: just reread the article, the nokia spokesperson does not mention proof, just denies that it has ever happened... still I doubt that the phone in question is available as a leaking battery would probably be thrown straight away. of course this could be a way to get yourself a new phone, no questions asked :angel: