PDA

View Full Version : Dome of york

robinitnow
19-11-03, 13:50
Right hear is what we seem to know

1. KK is currently trying to wriggle out of a contract with CDV (enter slur hear to describe CDV)
2. When KK manages this they will be with a brand new and shiny distributor and they will release doy and all will be good.
3. doy seems to be coded or at least 95% coded.
4. doy will be grate, bring back a lot of people and bring in a lot of people. If this happens KK will get more coders and or increase the amount of time the current ones are employed for.

What we want to know
1. There was reliable talk a while back about a deal with a distributor so what happened?
2. How far is doy coded?
3. If doy is coded what are the two part timers doing now? (hopes I got the numbers of coders right)
4. Will mc5 be sorted out in time for doy so that it is much easer for people who know nothing about the game to be eased much more easily into the game? I took a look at it a wile back and I do not know if I would have continued the game had I started there

Can we please get some official word on this and make this a sticky. Thank you.

•Super|\|ova•
19-11-03, 13:57
Read the previous threads about this subject dude :lol: I don't know where have you gotten your information from but mainly it sure ain't the truth :)

damn school!!! I want to go home already :(

robinitnow
19-11-03, 14:01
I just spent 1/2 an hour looking through pervious threads

Original monk
19-11-03, 14:05
Originally posted by robinitnow
4. doy will be grate, bring back a lot of people and bring in a lot of people.

I dont think that all the hybrids that left cause they killed that class will come back ... 2 bad

I dont think that all the people that left cause this online roleplaying game actually has no roleplay at all in it will come back ...

I dont think that all the people that left for the synching and bugs will come back ... 2 bad

I dont think that all the people that left cause there are so many kids online that only think of random ganking, camping and exploiting will return ... 2 bad (see the counterstrike connection ? 733Tspeak, cheats and mindless killing ...)

I dont think that all the people that left cause of the shitty raresystem, the genreprules and the lack of hilevel content will come back ... 2 bad

I dont think that all the people that left cause of the lack of information and the promise that DoY would be here about 7 months ago will come back ... 2 bad

I dont think that all the people that left cause of the extreme imbalances in this game (f.e.: Pe's with better protection then tanks, APU's with overpowered overranged spells, and invincible PPu's, ...) will come back ... 2 bad

I dont think that all the people that left cause of they lost there appartments and all there stuff due to bugs will come back ...

I dont think that all the people that left cause of ... etc etc etc

Ya get the point ? people have SOOO big expectations of DoY that if the expansion wont be satisfying enough there will be even more that quit, and then no-one can blame CDV anymore, ...

I hope im wrong but i aint to optimistic for the simple fact that i saw so many online friends leave allready ... they allready scared away all the vets and people that made this game what it is, cause of CDV ? Nah cause of all the changes and little rules that actually allready had to be implemented in beta, why was the begining of retail a hidden beta stage ? they also said CDV but im starting to have my doubts on alot that has been said around here ...

•Super|\|ova•
19-11-03, 14:07
I just spent 1/2 an hour looking through pervious threads

Keep on searching. I wont bother to post here anymore :rolleyes: just do it. You will find answers and if you wont then you need glasses.

Original monk
19-11-03, 14:10
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Keep on searching. I wont bother to post here anymore :rolleyes: just do it. You will find answers and if you wont then you need glasses.

ow my we are so kind today for eachother (btw the "yust do it" is a hidden commercial for Nike :P)

•Super|\|ova•
19-11-03, 14:18
Originally posted by Original monk
ow my we are so kind today for eachother (btw the "yust do it" is a hidden commercial for Nike :P)

Well fuck me! I couldn't resist the temptation to post here after all :lol: I'm at school and won't bother to search the threads for this dude now. Just try the "Search"-option. Now I really need to go and keep on drawing.

/me farts and walks to another classroom

ezza
19-11-03, 14:23
Originally posted by Original monk
Ya get the point ? people have SOOO big expectations of DoY that if the expansion wont be satisfying enough there will be even more that quit, and then no-one can blame CDV anymore, ...

I hope im wrong but i aint to optimistic for the simple fact that i saw so many online friends leave allready ... they allready scared away all the vets and people that made this game what it is, cause of CDV ? Nah cause of all the changes and little rules that actually allready had to be implemented in beta, why was the begining of retail a hidden beta stage ? they also said CDV but im starting to have my doubts on alot that has been said around here ...

only so much you can blame on CDV, it is KK who make the in game changes afterall.

Oath
19-11-03, 14:28
Stop it.......

these thread are getting old now,

wait and see.

Archeus
19-11-03, 14:42
Without searching as far as I remember they are in talks with a publisher for DOY (Based on a wild guess of the timeframe given). My guess is as good as yours but I'd say CDV only get paid on NC releases not DOY.

If you are waiting for DOY as an excuse to continue playing it is probably not going to keep you in the game.

Jesterthegreat
19-11-03, 14:49
Originally posted by Archeus
If you are waiting for DOY as an excuse to continue playing it is probably not going to keep you in the game.

I'd agree with that...

unfortunatly this game is slowly going down, like it or not. they dont have the coders to fix all the bugs quickly, they dont have the playerbase to pay more coders.

people leave due to bugs, KK get less money to hire coders to fix bugs.

it sucks... but thats life. i am sure ill stick with it for a while yet... but as for how long?

i will be ordering FFXI in 7 days at the latest. i will be playing FOMK in December. i know people in SW:G... but would not play it after watching them play it (:D)

however i consider a pre beta game to hold more excitement for me than a game i am 1 year into... and thats a bad thing for kk / cdv

Oath
19-11-03, 15:03
I wasnt flaming,

Making a point.

Stop whining, whining wont make it come faster and only serves to annoy people ergo actually delaying it :p :lol:

ericdraven
19-11-03, 15:04
I doubt DoY will (significantly) change anything anyway..

Oath
19-11-03, 15:05
Originally posted by ericdraven

agreed. :(

Jesterthegreat
19-11-03, 15:07
a couple of new weapons... a new mob or 2... a new place for noobs to get PK'd...

thats about all that will happen.

melee ammo mods would be sweet. new PVP-VIABLE rares would be a bonus. anything for capped chars - some high level content - would be nice...

however i doubt these things will be in it

ericdraven
19-11-03, 15:11
The thing is.. i suspect that they - because DoY gets delayed over and over - slowly put in more and more stuff (like new weapons, stealth, gliders, PAs...) which actually was supposed to come ingame with DoY.. so.. when DoY comes out there won't be many "new" things left which they can add to the game... o_O

Beanie McChimp
19-11-03, 22:16
Southend utd will be in the champions league before DOY is released. I've just come back to the game and im already thinking of leaving due to lack of content.

Pi-Oh-Pah
19-11-03, 22:17
Bye then

Jest
19-11-03, 22:29
Right hear is what we seem to know

1. KK is currently trying to wriggle out of a contract with CDV (enter slur hear to describe CDV)
2. When KK manages this they will be with a brand new and shiny distributor and they will release doy and all will be good.
3. doy seems to be coded or at least 95% coded.
4. doy will be grate, bring back a lot of people and bring in a lot of people. If this happens KK will get more coders and or increase the amount of time the current ones are employed for.

What we want to know
1. There was reliable talk a while back about a deal with a distributor so what happened?
2. How far is doy coded?
3. If doy is coded what are the two part timers doing now? (hopes I got the numbers of coders right)
4. Will mc5 be sorted out in time for doy so that it is much easer for people who know nothing about the game to be eased much more easily into the game? I took a look at it a wile back and I do not know if I would have continued the game had I started there

Can we please get some official word on this and make this a sticky. Thank you. As far as I can tell from being a forum whore, the coding behind DoY is in good shape but there are many things we are waiting for. One being the storyline to catch up to where DoY starts. Two being as you mentioned the talks with distributors. Don't expect it any time soon. Martin said the announcement for the distributor/release date won't even happen till first quarter next year so my guess is that we won't see DoY till the very earliest, late first quarter or some time during second quarter. That's another 3-7 months my friends, don't hold your breath quite yet.

TheDuckMan
19-11-03, 23:02
i have a theory on the release date. I think its gonna be around christmas time and KK is going to release DOY as a "gift" to the community. Sounds possible o_O ????

ericdraven
19-11-03, 23:08
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
Sounds possible o_O ????
No.

:p

Ryleck
20-11-03, 06:27
yea some feedback sould be very nice

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-11-03, 07:30
if doy was coded and ready, then why do we still have bugs? I personally think doy is half new publisher and half "we need to optamize" . I want doy as bad as the next man, but you know if doy isn't bugg free or at least an improvement on the current engine.........then what the fuck is it worth ? :(

Zanathos
20-11-03, 07:33
DoY will come out when it comes out, until then, enjoy this unique MMORPG until another one like it comes around.

wolfwood
20-11-03, 07:37
all i want to say is, NC has the best combat system i have ever seen.

Shujin
20-11-03, 07:41
this is what i know->
i talked to mjs about 2-3 months ago and it eventually lead to talkin about doy, asked him some stuff about publishers and stuff and he said he cant talk about most stuff but told me that they are currently talking to 2 different publishers at the same time so they can try to get the best deal out of it.

we all, should, know that DoY will be released the very second they have a new publisher and shit.

well i asked him about how far into talks they are. i asked him to give me like a fraction like 1/4 of the way, 3/8 of the way whatever >.<

and he told me they were about 50% through talks and that was about 3 months ago... so maybe they are 51% now ;]

KimmyG
20-11-03, 08:36
In big part CDV is reposible for the population of neocron.

But KK is also reposible yea it was a bad release but there were lots of other fuckups along the way that had nothing to do with CDV and could have been handle better.

Shujin
20-11-03, 09:06
Originally posted by KimmyG
In big part CDV is reposible for the population of neocron.

But KK is also reposible yea it was a bad release but there were lots of other fuckups along the way that had nothing to do with CDV and could have been handle better. we need another one of those partisan campaign things

//Ring\\
20-11-03, 17:10
how bout we advertise DoY ourselves and help KK release the dam expansion ealier? 0.o
i dont think its that hard to grab a paper and duct tape, write DOY IS COMING 2004 (hopefully but not probably) and place it all over ur town?

anyways im not surprised DoY isnt out yet.. from my more then year long exp with this game i have NEVER seen anything getting done on time by their part, most of em being bad but some good (end of beta delayed by over 2 months :D)

robinitnow
20-11-03, 17:38
well //Ring\\ that is the way most of NCs advertising has been done so far. By us doing it but after the corrupted launcher and mc5 it will be difficult to get pople to have anothere try of NC.

btw how many goes can you have on the free 10 day tryal?

iainy13
20-11-03, 17:54
@ original monk
You dont need to fix the exact problem for people to come back. You could say add more zones and weapons and alot of people will come back atleast for a while.

DoY wont change alot for me personaly. But maybe it will surprise me an come out with more then a few zones and guns. I dont believe the stuff for doy slowly came in becouse that would mean they did all the work months ago an just put it in. I mean if thats true why are we paying them. To sit around? No offence kk....

Promethius
20-11-03, 18:01
Originally posted by Oath
I wasnt flaming,

Making a point.

Stop whining, whining wont make it come faster and only serves to annoy people ergo actually delaying it :p :lol:

well i don't think they are whinning. But jsut asking when they can expect DoY which is long over due.

Originally posted by ericdraven

Well i heard of a few things about DoY that will change a few things ALOT. *Points at F5*

Originally posted by wolfwood
all i want to say is, NC has the best combat system i have ever seen.

take out SL and I'll agree. Or adda diff system to that atleast.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Promethius
Well i heard of a few things about DoY that will change a few things ALOT. *Points at F5*

*sigh* we have all heard alot - and alot has been hinted...

but we have no concrete facts at all! it *may* change stats, it *may* add new skills (or even a 6th stat)

however nothing like this has been confirmed

Babes
20-11-03, 18:46
I see nothings changed...still monkcron...still little content added and my tank dies if a monk breaths on it for 200 mil away.

ezza
20-11-03, 21:38
Originally posted by Babes
I see nothings changed...still monkcron...still little content added and my tank dies if a monk breaths on it for 200 mil away.

hmm slight exageration, 1 v 1 a tank has a even chance, the range is being nerfed in the next patch, go check the test server notes

Zanathos
20-11-03, 22:21
I hope after the test patch has been tested properly and adjusted if needed, they will release a patch for Neocron retail.

I just hope that all of you realize that some of the things that were going to be in DoY have already been released for us to use.

DoY will come when it pulls its head out of the ground.

That and when M.J.S. finally reaches a concluding point of these very long negotiations.

hinch
21-11-03, 04:10
Well MJS posted on the german forums the following

Es ist nicht die Frage, _ob_ DoY kommt... sondern _wann_ und _wie_. Wir werden DoY nicht releasen, bevor die Publishergespraeche nicht abgeschlossen sind und eine Marketingkampagne ausgearbeitet wurde, die den Launch begleitet.

Wir habe einige Teile von DoY auf der GC in Leipzig gezeigt... wenn wir also DoY _nicht_ releasen wuerden, warum patchen wir dann die neuen Territorien nicht einfach in den laufenden Betrieb?

So lange die Gespraeche laufen, werden wir fortfahren weitere Features in DoY integrieren. Es ist also keine verschenkte Zeit, sondern wir moechten Euch auch fuer das Warten belohnen.

Wir koennen zu diesem Zeitpunkt eben noch keine definitive Aussage machen... denn wenn wir einen definitiven Zeitpunkt angeben und dieser aus von uns nicht zu verantwortenden Gruenden nicht gehalten werden kann, dann haut Ihr es uns ja doch wieder um die Ohren

Ich kann es auch den Leuten aber auch nicht veruebeln, die schon lange NC spielen und ebenfalls lange auf DoY warten, wenn sie den Glauben an den Release von DoY verlieren... Aber es waere schon seeeeeehr dreist von uns, wenn wir Euch so lange mit einer vermeintlichen Luege "bei Laune" halten wuerden, nur um dann am Ende alles als einen verlaengerten Aprilscherz abzutun.

Also noch mal: DoY KOMMT! Und kurz bevor DoY kommt, wird auch eine Feature-Liste released, die darlegt, was DoY alles enthalten wird.

now we could possiably do with someone with better german than me to translate it but from what i gather (correct me if im wrong) it says

It is not a question of when doy comes but more of how and what as it comes.

We do not want to release doy without a publisher deal and they have prepared a marketing campaign to accompany it.
Some parts of doy were mission at the Leipzig show.

if we did release doy, why do we not patch the new territories simply into the current version?
so for a long time we discussed it, we will continure to add further features into doy, it is this no given time away, but we would like to recompensate you all for waiting.

we can not even at this time make a definate statement but if we can indicate a definate time we will but for reasons withheld (?) we cannot.

{i get lost in this bit here i think im abit tired to work it out + MJS`s punctuation is shocking worse than mine}

Theres still time: doy comes and before doy comes we will rel ease a feature list which states everything that doy will contain.

ok i kind agot lost in the middle bit hopefully someone with better german can do it for me. well not getting lost it just makes no sence german sentance structure is odd to say the least.

Zanathos
21-11-03, 04:15
See? As there adding a few things from DoY into the game now, they are adding MORE to the DoY that will be released.

So expect to see interesting things in DoY. Not mind blowing things exactly, just interesting.