PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Death Animations!!!

KRIMINAL99
19-11-03, 07:23
Wouldn't it be cool if neocron got like death animations like say fallout has or something. Like one for each weapon type. For a libby the dude would like wobble around a bit and splurt blood from holes in him. HL would like make someone jiggle around, their hair stand straight up and then turn black. CS would leave a gaping burning hole through someone or somehting. DG would decapitate etc.

Don't mean to be overly morbid but it would be really cool heh...

japata
19-11-03, 07:38
Would make it even cooler if all scratches, burns, cuts, holes etc. were visible on the body and when healed, those yellow energyballs patched those up.

Ooo... and when resurrecting a decapitated, mutilated, sliced and diced character, white electric beams would form a new body for the unlucky fellow. :)

Gungnir
19-11-03, 07:44
--
Actually, a simple scream when I open my rare Flame Thrower on
a PPU would suffice. All they do now is >plop< to the ground. You
don't even hear a thud =/

Good idea though, would add alot since this [is] PvP based.
--
Gungnir

Lanigav
19-11-03, 08:33
Amen to that. Not only does the current death animation defy all forms of physics (you would fall back if you moved like that upon dying...unless you slipped on a banana or something :p), but it just doesn't make sense to die like that if you've been burnt to death or riddled with bullets.

Other aspects of the game could use some different animations too, like casting certain PSI spells.

LVirus
19-11-03, 08:54
w00t!

How about making idea more futher. If you tear up corpse bad enought, it cannot be ressed. So in opwars you have to ress fast or other would tear up corpse to be nonrecoverable. And using big guns makes corpse go nonressable fast like CS.

That would really rock .. but we are not going to get that one so just different death animations than "I slipped to banana and hit my head to ground so I am taking timeout here"-animation :D

Omnituens
19-11-03, 11:29
I hated making death animations in Half Life.

pain in the arse to get right.

anything to solve the 'hey look, the dead guy skidded along the ground and stood back up again!' :D

Tha BeAsT
19-11-03, 15:23
Gungnir i think you have been playing with that rare flamer too much :p

Matthew.v.smith
19-11-03, 20:12
How about rag-doll physics eheh tadaa a new death everytime ^^

CS and Cannons make u fly backwards/forwards etc
libby and pistols make u collapse into a Limp mess
and knifes do the same.

rifles make u topple backwards with a bit of force.

Etc etc.

Matty :p

Candaman
19-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Gungnir
--
Actually, a simple scream when I open my rare Flame Thrower on
a PPU would suffice. All they do now is >plop< to the ground. You
don't even hear a thud =/

--
Gungnir

It would have to be a pretty damn poor ppu from my tests

]v[ortice
19-11-03, 21:04
Can we not just shoot limbs off 1 at a time?

Would be very very funny..........

"I've had your leg off"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

ROFLMAO

PS: I don't have the script of MPHG to hand so please don't point out my errors... just pretend people understood the joke anyway :)

maver!ck
19-11-03, 21:27
Originally posted by Gungnir
Why don't you move it to Brainport? Damn I hate it when Mods keep the threads in the community talk, just because they are interested in them. Still others get warnings for posting ideas here. I guess I will post all my ideas and rpg-threads to community talk, `coz noone reads them elsewhere.

KRIMINAL99
20-11-03, 04:57
Heh it would definitely go with the theme of the game too... Like the guns already all make different "terrifying noises" (especially to newbies... first time I heard a CS shooting me I about pissed my pants)

Ryleck
20-11-03, 05:38
yea cool idea

ModeSix
20-11-03, 06:11
I'm going to have to say that the death animation right now as it stands is, well Super Mario Bros for Nintendo has a better death animation!

This is a great idea. And one that they could implement with a few meg patch.

:D

Gungnir
21-11-03, 00:26
Originally posted by maver!ck
Why don't you move it to Brainport? Damn I hate it when Mods keep the threads in the community talk, just because they are interested in them. Still others get warnings for posting ideas here. I guess I will post all my ideas and rpg-threads to community talk, `coz noone reads them elsewhere.

--
Dear User,

Forseti a few months back [allowed] Idea based threads to remain
in Com Chat threads for TWO days. Which thereafter they'll be
placed in Brainport.

Any further questions about a Moderators actions please PM
either Odin (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=1966) or Nidhogg (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=15821) instead of posting off-topic and
breaking two forum rules.

Thank you.
--
P.S. @Beast: hehe, still burnin' from my last attack ^^?
--
Gungnir

Doc Holliday
21-11-03, 00:58
gugnir > maverick

Marx
21-11-03, 01:07
Death animations = cool

greendonkeyuk
21-11-03, 01:34
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
Can we not just shoot limbs off 1 at a time?

Would be very very funny..........

"I've had your leg off"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

ROFLMAO

PS: I don't have the script of MPHG to hand so please don't point out my errors... just pretend people understood the joke anyway :)

someones been watchin monty python again. I agree though a death animation would be cool.

oh and mortice "COME BACK AND FINISH ME OFF YOU BASTARD!!"

edit quoted wrong person gah