PDA

View Full Version : You hate spiders? better skip this then

Al3X
19-11-03, 00:11
today i wanted to level my hybrid (stop laughing!) so i went to the pepper park sewer...
i zoned down, zoned down again, and noticed i couldnt even zone down to a third basement..
curious as i am, i zoned there to.
when i jumped around the corner in " BANZAAAAI-IM-TAH-UBERHYBRID" style my breath stopped and i falled to the ground... death...

http://www.boarder4life.com/images/onoz-poison.jpg
as far as i could look it was full of spiders O_o

RuriHoshino
19-11-03, 00:15
:eek:

Ooooohhh. Thanks a lot, now I'm gonna have nightmares.o_O

Cyphor (Ash)
19-11-03, 00:15
That loud 'Thud' you just heard was anyone who were overly curious and had serious anachrophobia falling off thier chairs and whimpering madly. But holy crap, that's a hell of a lot of those ikkle beasties!

I'd have loved to have shot a missile into that crowd :D

-DAYWALKER-[FA]
19-11-03, 00:16
yes i was @ this place already..

muah its so uber

FireWarrior
19-11-03, 00:20
I went there with a group of 4+ people once... We were SO pwned...

They spawn Big Poisonous Spiders like every 5 seconds... And the big ones spawn the little ones and so forth...

Area of Effect weapons are nice though...

Sorin
19-11-03, 00:21
OMG which PP sewer is that, I'm going there.

Scikar
19-11-03, 01:12
There's a similar OZ storage with a spider queen inside.

Al3X
19-11-03, 01:19
barrel, anyone? :D

Omnituens
19-11-03, 01:57
i went down there once

Holy Energy Barrel > Spiders

=SSC=Jaz10
19-11-03, 02:09
Nice heh heh

Keiron
19-11-03, 02:38
I always take noobies there to level if their is a ppu about. Lvl 10-30 of any mainstat is that room for about 2 hours:D

Lenard
19-11-03, 06:50
that was uber place to get your SL up in beta ^__^

Gungnir
19-11-03, 06:59
--
I like the Queen Poison Spider models, you can actually see inside
it's body. And even a little heart inside pumping away.

Before I stop it.
Spiders with chocolate milk are very good also ... o_O
--
Gungnir

Rachius
19-11-03, 07:11
I REALLY hate spiders. In NC, Every time I hear the damn noise, it creeps me out. I either detour around them, or get an uzi and ripe them apart from range.

IRL, I just get a can of deo and a lighter. FWOOSH!

Heavyporker
19-11-03, 07:32
spiders are cool.

Spiders > buggies.

We should sic some spiders on the Neocron netcode, I bet ya they'll have it cleaned out of bugs inside of a day.

amfest
19-11-03, 09:01
haha I remember in beta going there and we were pushing them back then bam .. . spiders everywhere .. even behind us .. I just saw my friends drop one by one . .and my PE pistol user was like .. uhh . crap .. my phospher wasteland eagle isn't doing enough!! :p

Archeus
19-11-03, 09:01
Originally posted by Gungnir
--
I like the Queen Poison Spider models, you can actually see inside
it's body. And even a little heart inside pumping away.

There is a spider dungeon out in OZ with a spider queen and I've seen that. Its quite gross really.

It was funny going down as a noob though I got lost in the storage halls, and all the spiders in the dungeon kept spawning more and more spiders until finally I was getting thrown about the place by the little spiders. Took forever to finally escape.

greploco
19-11-03, 09:33
where is this OZ place ?

I know the PP place, it's in PP1 towards PP2

but the OZ place ? spider queen ?

where is that ?

Archeus
19-11-03, 09:40
It is one of the storage halls near the subway as far as I remember.

When entered there was one or two spiders but after 20 minutes there were 100's.

trigger hurt
19-11-03, 09:55
I remember back in beat when I was afraid of those things. They used to kill my char and my tank buddies char everytime. Now...they are childsplay

Sundiver
19-11-03, 10:41
Killed that queen long, long time ago. After dying once or twice. All those other spiders hurt you a lot when they attack in groups like that. Scared me pretty good, too.

Leebzie
19-11-03, 11:07
*grin*

How about a big 120/120 *** Spider King/Queen...

Hey did anyone ever get that demo for "Theif II : The metal age" ? the level where you have to break into this sort of, steam powered fortress...

T'was one point where you could hear this noise... and you wondered what it was, and then you looked in this pit, and there was the most incredibly realistic spider. T'was real big too.

*shiver* im not that afraid of spiders but that freaked me...

Maarten
19-11-03, 11:54
The Spider Storage Halls are in Outzone SEC-2. You can't miss it if you come from the subway.

It would be nice if KK buffed up the ranks of the mobs there so the City-Admin friendly factions have a good leveling cave in friendly territory. Atm the Spider Queen is 37/37 and is the highest ranking mob in there.

Anyone has read the story of the Ray of Last Hope? :)

AlphaGremlin
19-11-03, 13:05
Originally posted by Maarten
The Spider Storage Halls are in Outzone SEC-2. You can't miss it if you come from the subway.

It would be nice if KK buffed up the ranks of the mobs there so the City-Admin friendly factions have a good leveling cave in friendly territory. Atm the Spider Queen is 37/37 and is the highest ranking mob in there.

That would be sweet! I'll get myself a Holy Anti-Poison Sanctum and pwn!

Al3X
19-11-03, 13:11
Originally posted by AlphaGremlin
That would be sweet! I'll get myself a Holy Anti-Poison Sanctum and pwn!

its direct damage, not damage over time... so that wont help much ;)

El_MUERkO
19-11-03, 15:16
I'd love some end of level mobs in OZ it'd give people a reason to go their and we'd have more places to PK at :)

OZ was my favourite area of NC when I started retail, groups of low level hunters moving from area to area keeping an eye out for PKers, never able to relax cause you were so far from safety.

With the lack of people on the servers alot of that tense atmosphere is gone now :(

Pi-Oh-Pah
19-11-03, 15:52
The storage halls with the SpiderQueen (and shitloads of Dragonflies) is below the Outzone Streetwork GR - look out over the ledge and its directly under you

Spex
19-11-03, 16:03
This PP sewer is nice, in beta I had trouble to keep them at bay with a NCPD RGC ...

And I wonder why KK removed the Warbots from the Storage Halls ... instead you have some weak Arachnid-thingies in there now :-/

Lanigav
19-11-03, 16:57
Wow, I'd kill for a high level dungeon like that. Have so many mobs that you can't even see the floor. THAT would be a fun place.

SypH
19-11-03, 17:32
I love the spider models in NC. If you get a drone and go to floor level and watch spiders, you notice how they scurry about alot better. The really have that creepy insect look up close like that.

Cliffraiser
19-11-03, 17:39
[edit] nm