PDA

View Full Version : Resists....

extract
18-11-03, 23:06
Ok, of course im not at all looking for anyones personal con/armor setup, but in light of finding anything decent on my own, I now ask how are resists based...

well heres what i mean exactly....I have a tank who has base 90 CON and capped STR so I can wear all the lvl 4 armors

Now according to neocron.ems.ru and a character planner i got off this forum whos con and armor spreadsheet are based on neocron.ems.ru say that with 178 armor protection in ANY resist should equal to 76% protection....now it is my understanding that once you hit this 178 resist/76% protection that there is no reason to add anymore armor or resist...am i right?

So.....say i have full set of inquisition armor 4 on and heavy INQ boots that will give me 160 fire resist...and with my PP resist chip thats +15 so does that mean i only need 3 points in my con resist? and that anymore would be worthless/wasted????

secondly a few people have told me that there is a flip point for resists as well to where more is actually hurting you instead of helping you....if this is true does this mean going over 178 is the flip point??

and also is there any truth to con is better than armor resist and vice versa?? and does it all just pretty much add up in the end??

I mean its like pulling teeth and not to mention frustrating to see that i have insane amounts of fire resist on my tank and armor and watch a shit fire apocalypse take 1/4 of my health in one shot when ive got like 580 HP

anyways if anyones got any tips at all on how to add shit up and has any truth to these "rumors" please let me know......thanks

Lexxuk
18-11-03, 23:10
Con lvl's have nothing to do with resists
Armour, for the cap, you need 200 armour level.
114 in resists is equivilent to 119 armour value.

With 160 fire resist through armour, you would require just short of 50 resist fire in resists to get the 76% maximum resist thru armour/resist combination

There is no flip point, there is no spoon, APU's are overpowered to high heaven, its just PE's/Monks get to use shelter's which drain fire spells somewhat.

Jest
18-11-03, 23:23
Resists are a difficult subject. I've done a lot of testing on them personally (though my current setup is just thrown together with no testing).

Would you need only 3 points to get complete fire protection? No, cause remember natural points don't count as much as armor resist. Your best bet would be to maximize your armor for minimum natural skill investment. That is, get the best bang for your buck.

Is there a flip point? NOOO. But like I said before, resists are complicated. Example, take this test:

Gun does primary energy and secondary fire.
Your first test is no armor, it does full damage.
Your second test is energy armor, the damage is lowered.
But then try full fire with no energy and guess what, it does full damage.

Thats why people think there is a resist flip would be my guess.

Hope that helps. And most importantly don't take my word for it, go do some testing yourself. ;)

Lexxuk
18-11-03, 23:27
I did find some weird flip resist once, before random damage with APU, i got a monk to blast me with some energy spell, and putting on PSI boots upped the damage I took instead of reducing it, but that could have just been a fluke of nature.

Cruzbroker
19-11-03, 01:28
Try taking damage from energy spell when you have 50 resist, no armor. Then put some armor on and test. Then use only armor and test.

I think: 50 resist, does nothing, 50 resist + armor (ANY, even +5 will do), the resist, I think, kinda "activates" when you put on any armor with same resist.
ie.
50 resist, no armor : 100 dmg
50 armor, no resist : 85 dmg
50 resist + 10 armor : 60 dmg
50 resist + 50 armor : 40 dmg
or something like that way.

having 50 poison resist and viper armor is ten times (not twice) better than just viper armor, or 50 resist.

ericdraven
19-11-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Try taking damage from energy spell when you have 50 resist, no armor. Then put some armor on and test. Then use only armor and test.

I think: 50 resist, does nothing, 50 resist + armor (ANY, even +5 will do), the resist, I think, kinda "activates" when you put on any armor with same resist.
ie.
50 resist, no armor : 100 dmg
50 armor, no resist : 85 dmg
50 resist + 10 armor : 60 dmg
50 resist + 50 armor : 40 dmg
or something like that way.

having 50 poison resist and viper armor is ten times (not twice) better than just viper armor, or 50 resist.
Wrong.

50 resists, no armor: ~ 31% damage absorption
50 armor, no resists: ~ 34% damage absorption

And no, this is not taken from neocron.ems.ru, i am testing resists by myself atm.

El Barto
19-11-03, 10:49
Well. in your con set up the points cap at 114, and con pints + armour (after you convert con points into armour points) it caps at 200.

ericdraven
19-11-03, 10:54
Originally posted by El Barto
Well. in your con set up the points cap at 114, and con pints + armour (after you convert con points into armour points) it caps at 200.
I am wondering if anyone actually tested that "cap at 114" theory.. i can't really confirm it. :)

extract
19-11-03, 11:44
ok, Im starting to get this a little bit, but whats starting to really confuse me is when you say that 114 con resist is equal to 119 armor resist, so does that mean con resist is better than armor resist cause in one post someone says that armor is better than con, and this would prove that to be otherwise.....

just for shits and giggles lets say i go with all INQ 4 armor and heavy boots and get the 160 fire resist from armor alone, that means i would need at least 40 fire resist in con to get to the maximum 200/76% protection?

and is adding anything else on top of that helping or is it wasted

thanks

L0KI
19-11-03, 11:47
Originally posted by ericdraven
I am wondering if anyone actually tested that "cap at 114" theory.. i can't really confirm it. :)

I found a slight improvement when resists were upped to 120

so i assume the 114 theory isnt entirely accurate.

ericdraven
19-11-03, 11:52
Originally posted by extract
ok, Im starting to get this a little bit, but whats starting to really confuse me is when you say that 114 con resist is equal to 119 armor resist, so does that mean con resist is better than armor resist cause in one post someone says that armor is better than con, and this would prove that to be otherwise.....

Below 100 the armor resists are about 10% better than the natural (CON) resists. Above 100 the natural resists get a nice boost, up to a certain cap.

extract
19-11-03, 12:04
Below 100 the armor resists are about 10% better than the natural (CON) resists. Above 100 the natural resists get a nice boost, up to a certain cap.

ok cool.....but my main question really hasnt been answered yet...

weve already established that there is no flip point, however we have all agreed that there is an overall cap of combined armor and con resists i just want someone to confirm what that number actually is(if someone can actually confirm that)

is it the 200 number posted earlier?

btw thanks for all the info so far everyone

ericdraven
19-11-03, 12:07
Originally posted by extract
is it the 200 number posted earlier?

I did not do enough tests so far, so i don't want to comment on that. YET. ;)

Oath
19-11-03, 12:12
I did not do enough tests so far, so i don't want to comment on that. YET. ;)

Well, if it isnt its very close too it, my tanks got 114 in all resists

dur 4 helm, Pa3, medium energy belt, inq 4 pants *occasionlay* heavy inq boots.

My resists are certainly...........nice............pity i cant aim for shit anymore :p.

:lol:

El Barto
19-11-03, 12:43
Well i'll go test it out when I get home 2day, just any one know a good weapon to test out damage for each of the six resists (Fire, Energy, X-Ray, Poison, Force and Peircing). I'll post a link to my resaults l8er on here or on a new thread.

Scikar
19-11-03, 12:46

One of the GMs did, I think it was Lupus. He noticed the damage went down as he increased the resist until he hit 114, then there was no change in the damage all the way up to 255. He also tested that CON has no effect on damage absorbed.

ericdraven
19-11-03, 12:50
Originally posted by Scikar
One of the GMs did, I think it was Lupus. He noticed the damage went down as he increased the resist until he hit 114, then there was no change in the damage all the way up to 255. He also tested that CON has no effect on damage absorbed.
He specifically tested 114, probably because of this myth that 114 ought to be the cap. I saw his results, i didn't see that he tested 110,111,112,113,115,116,117, ... as well.
As i said, i can't confirm the 114 cap, but did only 300 tests so far and i want to have at least 2000 before i go public with the results. :p