PDA

View Full Version : H-C Gen-Tank PA

El Barto
18-11-03, 21:52
I know I have said this before, but I thought this time if I put it to a pole and we get enough agreing to it then the chance of this making it into retail will be increased by 0.0000001%.

This is what I think should happen to Gen-tank power armour (coming from a fully capped Gen-Tank).

I think there should be some changes to the Gen-Tank Power Armour. Firstly, get rid of the minus to the con, it just makes no sence why that would happen. The suit makes u more resistent to things, if any thing it would plus to it, but never minus it imo. Maybe it would minus your endurance because it must be very heavy, so you would lose your stamina fast, but not by very much, just by what it minuses the con by atm, so it won't be very much.

I think the Energy, Force/Peirce resist is ok as it is, but the PA should add on some X-Ray resists, not to much, say like half the amount of energy resist that it gives atm. Reason for this is because PA was designed to help Gen-tanks in the Neocron DoY war, the armour was partly to protect them against the War Bots and Hover Bombers DoY was using. Both of them do some X-Ray damage as well as energy damage, so it should give some X-Ray resist imo.

Also a very small minus to your fire resist, mainly because its metal so must get very hot under there when your set on fire. If any one thinks they would have installed some thing to stop this, well why would they have? None of the DoY units used fire so they probably wouldn't have put some thing into it to stop it.

Another reason for this is that I would like to get rid of the minus to con and have a plus to X-Ray so there needs to be another minus in it some where.

One thing they shouldn't add to it imo is a plus or a minus to poison resist, this woiuld jsut make no sence what so ever.

Only other thing that I an think of that needs to change is (and this is for all Power Armour levels and for all classes), let us change the colours of them and they keep the colours after zoning as well. We all look the damn same.

Well this is what the stats for all the H-C Gen-Tank Power Armours should be imo.

Armoursuit Tangent v X-13 (PA lvl 1)

Force = +34, Piercing = +34, Energy = +26, X-Ray = +13,
STR = +2, H-C = +8, Ath = -15, Fire = -6 and Con = -2. Req = 85 STR.

Heavy Armoursuit Tangent v X-13a (PA lvl 2)

Force = +39, Pierce = +39, Energy = +33, X-Ray = +16, STR = +4, H-C = +12, Ath = -20 and Fire = -8 and Con = -4. Req = 100 STR.

Powersuit Tangent v X-256 (PA lvl 3)

Force = +44, Pierce = +44, Energy = +40, X-Ray = +20, STR = +6, H-C = +16, Ath = -25, Fire = -10 and Con = -6. Req = 115 STR

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (PA lvl 4)

Force = +49, Pierce = +49, Energy = +47, X-Ray = +23, STR = +8, H-C = + 20, Ath = -30, Fire = -12 and Con = -8. Req = 130 STR.

Tell me what you think about this below.

Pikester
18-11-03, 21:59
Think I can guess who voted for the first option :wtf:
Thats forbidden in some religions Bart :(

Edit: I like the idea but I'm still gunna slap ya

El Barto
18-11-03, 22:05
Originally posted by Pikester
Think I can guess who voted for the first option :wtf:
Thats forbidden in some religions Bart :(

Edit: I like the idea but I'm still gunna slap ya

Damn u, u voted for the wrong one, ur ment to vote for the top one, ur SoS (Sex on Sight) to me now.

Pikester
18-11-03, 22:09
Bart, I think you just added a whole new dimension to PvP.
:D :D :D
*s******************* I could sooo have you if I wanted

Vid Gamer
19-11-03, 01:00
Sounds good. I also don't get why the current PA takes away CON now instead of DEX.

IMO we should also get a new design or something, we've had these things for like two years. lol

Anna
19-11-03, 01:05
changes are good, but resists arent the main problem with the pa, the runspeed is, either remove the -athl, or remove hc-speednerf

Vid Gamer
19-11-03, 01:09
Originally posted by Anna
changes are good, but resists arent the main problem with the pa, the runspeed is, either remove the -athl, or remove hc-speednerf

I think the minus to ATL is logical since it is pretty big and heavy. I say just up the speed a bit with a weapon out would be better.

Anna
19-11-03, 01:23
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I think the minus to ATL is logical since it is pretty big and heavy. I say just up the speed a bit with a weapon out would be better.

didnt i say that? :lol:

Vid Gamer
19-11-03, 02:00
Originally posted by Anna
didnt i say that? :lol:

You said either remove the minus to ATL or increase runspeed with weapon, and I said removing the minues to ATL shouldn't happen because it's logical since it's big and bulky so I went with your latter idea.

ezza
19-11-03, 02:26
well what you have changed it to wouldnt get me wearing it, not with the negative to fire anyway.

as for it being cons rather than dex, i prefere it that way cos my setup requires dex of 65 for my 4 imp to work, the minus to health is minimal IMO.

id still like to see some change to it but as long as it has the run speed nerf on it ill proberbly continue fighting PA less.

only wear it on occasions, let me think last time was in PP and only threw it on cos i felt left out with all the scuba divers standing around me

BombShell
19-11-03, 03:23
i vote no mainly for the fire resis. i rather hav neg con then that

i dont get y ur complain about xray rmeeber warbots used to be plazma wepaons :) so it fits maybe u should post we want plazma warbots bak.

but the thing xray armor came in was because doy launched a nuke and thay needed the armor to defence aginst it. and about the armor so wut if u sweat metal still has more fire resis then xray unless its lined with lead.

El Barto
19-11-03, 10:44
Originally posted by BombShell
i vote no mainly for the fire resis. i rather hav neg con then that

i dont get y ur complain about xray rmeeber warbots used to be plazma wepaons :) so it fits maybe u should post we want plazma warbots bak.

but the thing xray armor came in was because doy launched a nuke and thay needed the armor to defence aginst it. and about the armor so wut if u sweat metal still has more fire resis then xray unless its lined with lead.

It is lined with lead? Never knew that. Anyway considering your right about the WB thing maybe it should only be a + X-Ray on the level 3 and 4 PA. Really hope they bring plasma WBs back as well.

ezza
19-11-03, 13:12
Originally posted by BombShell

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81709 ;)

Jesterthegreat
19-11-03, 14:38
are you proposing a +xray, a - fire and a -dex instead of -con?

pfft... sounds poor to me. and btw poison would corrode the metal >.< so if anything it would have - poison.

tbh when i cap my tank he wont use PA... ever

El Barto
19-11-03, 16:42
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
are you proposing a +xray, a - fire and a -dex instead of -con?

pfft... sounds poor to me. and btw poison would corrode the metal >.< so if anything it would have - poison.

tbh when i cap my tank he wont use PA... ever

Don't see how poison corrodes metal? Consider poison won't be acid it is just a chemical that is harmfall to living things, shouldn't do any thing to armour. Also I didn't say minius dex I don't think and if i did, I'm sorry, that was ment to have been taken out, it was ment to be minus to con not dex.

Why not wear PA as a capped Gen-Tank, my Gen-Tank is capped and is damn good with PA, with out PA he would suck.

Minus to fire because well if you ever put a metal plate to your skin then make the metal hot you will feel the heat faster than if you only have your skin there, I tryed it. Plus to X-Ray well because DoY units of the old times did X-Ray damage I think, but who ever was talking about plasma WBs (sorry forgot your name), they still might have done X-Ray damage so they would have needed protecting against that. If they didn't do X-Ray damage will only level 3 and 4 PA should have the X-Ray resist because it would have been put in to protect them from those radiation bombs. This is mainly from a RP point.

Jesterthegreat
19-11-03, 17:43
Originally posted by El Barto
Don't see how poison corrodes metal? Consider poison won't be acid it is just a chemical that is harmfall to living things, shouldn't do any thing to armour. Also I didn't say minius dex I don't think and if i did, I'm sorry, that was ment to have been taken out, it was ment to be minus to con not dex.

Why not wear PA as a capped Gen-Tank, my Gen-Tank is capped and is damn good with PA, with out PA he would suck.

Minus to fire because well if you ever put a metal plate to your skin then make the metal hot you will feel the heat faster than if you only have your skin there, I tryed it. Plus to X-Ray well because DoY units of the old times did X-Ray damage I think, but who ever was talking about plasma WBs (sorry forgot your name), they still might have done X-Ray damage so they would have needed protecting against that. If they didn't do X-Ray damage will only level 3 and 4 PA should have the X-Ray resist because it would have been put in to protect them from those radiation bombs. This is mainly from a RP point.

ok im too busy to do a big reply sorry... but poison = chems that hurt people... last time i checked metal can be affected my chemical reactions? and you said lose the -CON, someone else said have a -DEX... you cant have no - or it loses more balance. why not wear PA? personally i would wear VK armour (with a setup to go with it) to have good all around resists (no im not a noob). and i know why you put the -fire, but its one of the main damage types and i think it would be stupid on tank PA >.<

and basing the armour on RP elements is just kiddin yaself mate. im sorry but (although improved now) they havent based anyhting on RP. DoY has even moved locations ffs lol.

basically none of these suggestions are enough to make me even consider using the PA.

gotta go now :(

Junkie

Lecko
19-11-03, 18:01
Originally posted by Vid Gamer

Hmmm...true. If that was the case, shouldnt all PA's have a negative athletics onus? The con negative is only there because atheletics is impeded. If it was agility, it would be negative dex.

The melee suit is much better as it doesnt retard athletics. But then if you're a H-C tank, thats not good. I agree it should have some X-Ray resists.

God, if the gentanks were "the supersoldiers" of that war, i'm suprised they won. A lot of imbalance in the set-up.

El Barto
19-11-03, 21:34
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat

and basing the armour on RP elements is just kiddin yaself mate. im sorry but (although improved now) they havent based anyhting on RP. DoY has even moved locations ffs lol.
Junkie

Don't really see what difference that makes, I could post an idea every one in Neocron would love, but it would never get put in game, I just post to tell people what I think and to see what others think about it.