PDA

View Full Version : Glider idea

KimmyG
18-11-03, 17:22
- Added glider mobs, they drop glider keys.

This is preety lame, why not make it so when gliders get smoked they get glider parts and maybe a glider BP so you have to collect and build a glider.

Kill a glider and you get a key.

Original monk
18-11-03, 17:26
it aint that bad, i remember when marines etc dropped as wholes :) i bought myself a psicore cpu in beta4 for 20k and a marine for 100k (they where much rarer cause of tank-o-cron i think) :)

Gotterdammerung
18-11-03, 17:46
well, it's a good idea, but i gotta ask first, do you want MORE parts to stuff to collect ?

jernau
18-11-03, 17:50
Can someone confirm if the glider-mobs are just a TS mechanism for adding them or a real possibility for retail?

If they are going into retail then WTF????o_O :wtf: O_o

Jesterthegreat
18-11-03, 17:51
well this would be only from glider mobs. NOT the rare pool...

this would mean you would have to hunt a fair amount to salvage the parts to build a working one. sounds fuckin good to me >.<

Nexxy
18-11-03, 17:51
i dont think keys are such a bad idea. Seeing as they blow up so damn easy would be cool not have to collect loads of parts for them.

Jesterthegreat
18-11-03, 17:52
BP them :p

i would assume they are ressable. and iirc they are not supposed to be built for combat

KimmyG
18-11-03, 17:52
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
well, it's a good idea, but i gotta ask first, do you want MORE parts to stuff to collect ?

Just make it like vehical parts deffinalty not part of the rare pool. Nothing super hard make them drop several parts and dont make them like kamikzis with the endless hunt.

Somewhat of a challendge but not a dirty timesink.

SorkZmok
18-11-03, 18:12
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
As long as they are NOT added to the rare pool, yes.
They would only drop from gliders and nothing else should drop from those so it would be ok. Better than whole keys dropping imo.

18-11-03, 18:15
So you blow up a glider, and you get the key for......

...the glider you just blew up!?

(how hard are the gliders and it is a guaranteed drop does anyone know?)

Gungnir
18-11-03, 19:23
--
Well perhaps it's just temp until they have shops in DoY where
you can purchase a glider easy. Though it feel KK is not trying to
[avoid] filling the rare pool in this situation, because placing an
item such as a Glider as a rare would have been silly. That's like
having a rare Tangent Grenade o_O. Unless the Glider would
have been indestructible, but that's also not a reasonable option.

Not sure what my point was ... never mind =)
--
Gungnir

KimmyG
18-11-03, 19:27
@ gungir
Not rares just have guilder drop gilder parts have them just like vehicale parts but have them as gilder parts and have them drop glider BP's. Let them drop alot of parts not making it impossible are difficult to build just would maybe make neo market a little better and it would let the crafters have something to sell in the overflooded market

*ph33r*
18-11-03, 19:27
Dropping keys is fine.

BPs I could live with I suppose, but if you had to use rare parts to build them then that would suck.

KimmyG
18-11-03, 19:30
Originally posted by *ph33r*
BPs I could live with I suppose, but if you had to use rare parts to build them then that would suck.

NO have it drop like component parts but have it like

gilder part 1,2,3,4,5 and so on

and let them drop lots no rare part bullshit just have tehm drop special glider component parts.

jernau
18-11-03, 19:35
Originally posted by Gungnir
[B That's like
having a rare Tangent Grenade o_O. [/B]

Isn't one of the yet-to-be-deployed Epic Runs a hand grenade?

msdong
18-11-03, 19:42
an unresearchable BP is a good solution to it.
you can not copy it and if you are unlucky you break it while you build it.

VictorKruger
18-11-03, 20:09
trust me, you don't want to be running around making gliders from vechicle parts, they have more parts and the level of parts that would make you shudder every time you killed your glider, now if they were made out of lesser quality of parts, and were much cheaper to compensate the armor that they have on them (which is basically none at the moment) then i would say go ahead and make keys to your heart's content.