PDA

View Full Version : illegal dealers, rare'z maffia and underground trades

Original monk
18-11-03, 15:36
We need some real underground activity in neocron, by this i mean: when techparts where brandnew there where few people trading and it was really hard to find the parts ya needed, ya had to have connections, you had to go true loong loong talks and negotiations...
Ya really had to convince people to sell you there part and convince people to convince there friends in selling you those specific rareparts you needed.

Now everybody has TONS of rareparts and trading became a boring activity including mindless spamming for hours/days/weeks... i aint a tradeskiller, im a trader, a collector, trading should be sumthing special, with rares that are real rares, i dont call mc5 rare btw, its yust plain old boring now, and there untradable cause not alot people hunt mc5 to trade but for getting there own chars each an mc5 chip... after that goal is acomplished they stop huntin mc5... most of em

Also the rarepart trading has nothing to do anymore with roleplaying ... this whole game has less to do with roleplaying lately ....

Now to business: i want a real blackmarket in neocron, some real tradings of really crazy items ... we need items that people think are worth dieing for :)
we need ultrare items ingame, only a few circulating. These items should be provided by illegal dealers, probably TG's and tsunami's and black dragon's all having connections in the criminal enviroment ... These dealers should be played by GM's to add to the RP effect of the game, no tradechannel activities, only connections, no npc's involved...
These items can be bought for extremely high prices, or traded with insane trades, all in a roleplay enviroment ... even better would be some kind of favours, call em missions if you like ...

You cannot get those items if you arent a roleplayer btw, such extreme rares needs time and efforts with lots of talking and negotiating with the so called criminal providers of illegal items, we need some reall mafia in neocron (RP wise, not the mindless random ganking of people -wise or mindless camping/harvesting -wise)

The rare-items will provide a goal to the more experienced players, see it as epics but more advanced and with real people playing the npc's, i also know about the small missions that get organised by gm's with small groups of people but this isnt what i mean, these missions are very intresting but only good for very small groups of people that registered in advance on the forums, lots of players ingame never even saw this forum so ...

What we need is some kind of ingame underground contactperson, or even better, a group of providers of illegal content, things that arent ment to see the daylight 8|

Now: the items: KK make some new stuff especially for these dealers: new drugs !!!! like +10 dex, unclone-able, no after-effects, or a HC eye, or a +spi eye or a psibased + int eye or sumthing ... also the strangebooks should be for "sale" with these guys and ffcourse not to forget: warbotblueprints, the desert eagle and the copotplasmarifle: working, slotted, with ammoBP's. All the nice stuff with other words where we usually dont have acces to, maybe larentmods and tigerblood etc and even kamichips ...

The missions or trades: these should be huge and depending on the status of the player: a leader of a 200 people clan should not have the opertunity to buy a copotplasmarifle for example: more like:
mail me the screenshots of 3 diffrent dead copbots in Pepperpark that you killed + offer me a syn accelerator + get me all the dogtags of every player of youre biggest rival clan within the week and get me a screenie of one of youre clans spy's sexing the commander for example, or gimme a screenie of you sexing every 3star mob in the game: every cavemob and every WB, hoverbot, reaper and grim etc... with other words: insane missions, these are yust examples cause i cant think of anything better: thats why i need youre help ... we need decent missions etc .

Not to forget roleplay, all meetings have to go true other contactpersons cause these dealers shouldnt be easy to find for the cops, you also have to have some knowledge of the story cause these dealers talk in for example riddles, so you have to figur out what to do yourself ... some sort of big puzzle. And it aint gonna be easy...

Meetings have place in diffrent hidden quarters of the wastes, like around regants castle or near the mc5 caves next to the commycaves, or dark places like the chran curch in OZ-sectors ...

Problems: everytime we have sumthing of value a select group of people happen to accidentally have these items first or even solely: cause GM's also have regular chars on servers this isnt abnormal: in the line of: my friends ingame get the first stuff, there no robots there only humans. Not accusing anyone here: only this will be the sad fact why my idea here is yust an illusion / a dream ... who the heck will be the honest dealer - honest dealergroup :/

There will always be some tards trying to make own profit, try to exploit every possible option, at work, at school, at home and in neocron ...

Well, now you have a small idea of what i mean, i know my examples arent that great but thats why i need input, so if you wonna post, post constructive info and dont go whining about the sentence that ya never can trust a 100% everyone to organise this kind of dedicated underground dealer/group or i can close my thread and my idea in advance ...

greetinsg and enjoy playing and posting :)

Al3X
18-11-03, 16:42
nice idea, but the missions could be, well, not THAT insane but more brain-extending-puzzle-thingies...
and they should be different EVERY time, not that sum1 completes the mission, tells it to a friend who completes it too, and who tells it to another friend etc etc..
its should be unique
after the run you should be able to choose what you want (or in front, so you know what you're dieing for)
but how bout the "dealers" location? if he has an hq it would be crowded of people....
if he would be moving all the time no one would be able to find him unless he tells..
wasteland has the locked gr problem. we dotn want tg to be in favor of tt, or tt in favor of tg... it should be same as hard as for anyone

more input! think! use ure brains! :p

edit: it should cost anything, since it should be able to be done by anyone, as long as you are willing to take a long long mission and lots of efford/thinking. so cash is a bad idea since not everyone has huge ammounts of money

wolfwood
18-11-03, 16:50
umm, i dont like it personally. What would the items be? One for each class? or few that can be used by every class? If you ask me, just another way to make some character stronger and cause more nerf threads.....

Archeus
18-11-03, 17:03
For DOY I believe such a system may be in place. In that certain factions can buy only faction made goods.

What I would like to see is illegal goods being treated as such.

For example. Joe Newbie says on TRADE-NC "Selling Item X". Item X is a TG weapon and he is standing in Plaza 1.

Clearly he convorts with terrorists so the cops kill him. However a check has to be put in place that checks thier inventory/gogo before they get whacked, or continual spamming in the zone will eventually bring about a whacking (meaning to sell illegal goods people will have to move out of areas where they shouldn't be sold).

Likewise carrying an item which is illegal and shown should bring about NPC guards attacking (eg. TG wearing tank armor in Canyon). Or make certain items illegal to areas (so no PSI power armor in Plaza I as it is owned by CS).

Scikar
18-11-03, 17:45
I think stuff like tech parts should be classed as illegal, and CopBots should occasionally stop & search passing runners for illegal items. I always thought there might be a point where to get some info or a certain item I would have to go to some apartment in Pepper, give a secret code to get in past some bodyguards, that kind of cyberpunk stuff. Instead it's just spam in Plaza 1. :(

KRIMINAL99
18-11-03, 17:47
The way to handle rares is too have a pool for your clan or even your whole faction with a trustworthy manager and just let people put unided rares in the pool and be able to get as many parts as they put in out, or else get entire rares back out. Whoever has given the most rareparts so far gets theirs first, so to get your rares sooner you add more parts.

Unfortuneately I tried this in my clan and all but a few people in the clan were too stupid and greedy to use it... So they can hunt and trade for rares all day long for all I care.