PDA

View Full Version : KK make NC interesting by doing this

Sanctioner
18-11-03, 12:08
I have been a droner for along time and death has become away of life, life for a droner is all about being willing to release yourself from wanting to live and embracing death as a normal aspect of general game play. The average life span at a op for a droner is about 3 to 5 mins max. then you are dead having lost 2 drones.
Most people dont bother shooting a drone they just find the droner by doing a LOCAL name sweep of the zone. with the ablity to cover a zone in such a short time and not actually needing to see a runner to find them, the droner nothing more then standing in a comma with a big name tag in local waiting for people to kill him. Drones do not do enough damage to really draw attention away from the fact that killing the droner is the best goal as he cant see you or know you are near his body.

So heres how droners life is.
1. we can be seen in local but have very few places if any to hide.
2. we have no local mode when droning so basically we are a blind comma person.

I believe that just getting rid of LOCAL names completly from the game would really not only be the single best thing for droners but would also make it interesting for all classes.

without the LOCAL box you have now a real goal for stealthing spy's that can actually spy by finding a good hiding spot inside a occupied op even. (imagine the thrill to actually spy on other runners at there op while they are there, my heart is racing already)
or to sneak up on a runner without stealth being used..

By getting rid of local box, places like PP become so much more inviting as you could actually be there and hide without people knowing you are there just by your name.
The entire game content will grow just by loosing local box (zones will seem way bigger, PP will seem way bigger, OZ, IND-A etc every place will be bigger as you can actually utilize the hiding places) as it is now you cannot really hide except in your apartment.

Although i am sure there would be some adjustment to this concept but i really think that if you look at what is gained from it (even the balancing of characters gets easier) that there is alot more to be gained then there is to loose and its almost a bug free fix.... as they just need to get rid of it not add it.

I know we have a patch coming up and i would only ask that KK look into the possiblities and the Pro's and Con's i really see the Pro's out wieghting any Con's for all classes not just spys...etc.

Scikar
18-11-03, 12:11
I would also like to see the local list removed, it would make the game a lot more interesting IMO.

jernau
18-11-03, 12:26
I wouldn't want to see it gone.

Having played games with nothing similar to LOCAL I would say it's a vital feature. Losing it would be a serious pain in the arse.

I do think that droners should not be on local when droning though. It's frankly ludicrous as it is now. All location related things are fucked for droners though :
1) No compass o_O O_o :wtf: :mad: :mad: :confused: 8| :eek:
2) No LOCAL list at all - should have that of our bodies
3) Team range is from our bodies o_O not our damage-dealing drone.
4) Our team gets an arrow to our inactive bodies, not our drones o_O.
5) Local chat is from our bodies, half a zone from our "eyes" o_O :wtf: O_o (really shitty as we can't hear Faction at all).

etc. etc. etc.

KK hate droners though so don't expect anything to be fixed.

garyu69
18-11-03, 12:31
I still hate and am scared of Drones :(

Ended up running away from one yesterday.
They scare me.

Jac Raven
18-11-03, 12:39
perhaps you could choose wether you appear in local, etc for trade skillers, and have and additonal one which tells you in any people listed by both as buddies or clan mates are local just so u could know if ur mates are around

Pi-Oh-Pah
18-11-03, 13:18
Originally posted by garyu69
I still hate and am scared of Drones :(

Ended up running away from one yesterday.
They scare me.

I thought you were running away after sniping noobs at MB bunker o_O

You were chased by 2 players, the droner stayed in the bunker.

Keiron
18-11-03, 13:37
Since I doubt KK will remove the local list (even thou I'd like it to go), perhaps they could make a droner not show on the local list when he launches a drone.

Morris
18-11-03, 13:45
Having recently lommed my researcher from pistols to drones, I can only agree with every single one of Jernau's points. These are not just minor oversights, these are MAJOR HINDERANCES to a droner. I mean, at least give the drones a compass ffs. I take back everything I've ever said about droners being whiny or ungrateful... just trying to launch a drone can be infuriating.

As for the local thing, I can't count the number of times I've been leveling in the i03 caves with my drone in the next room, only to see:
(unknown): hi can we reset plz?

One of these days, it'll be:
(unknown): *HL zap* *HL zap* oh I'm dead, how novel

Mr_Snow
18-11-03, 13:52
Originally posted by Keiron
Since I doubt KK will remove the local list (even thou I'd like it to go), perhaps they could make a droner not show on the local list when he launches a drone.

Ive suggested this before along with other drone fixes,more armour, better damage etc.

Drones need to be fixed but seems low on KKs list of priorities and not to insult droners there are more important aspects of the game to be fixed which KK are trying to do atm, eg paraspam.

Droners really arent viable in op wars atm because once the enemy is in the op they are easily found and killed but are useful enough before this happens and PNs do decent if not brilliant damage as they should since they leave the user much more vunerable then your average unbuffed apu.

Mirco
18-11-03, 14:46
About the local list. Why cant it just be a tradearea service. Meaning it gets activated inside nc, tg or whatever place is considered a markedplace and everyother place its not available.

Oath
18-11-03, 14:50
No.........

That way droners and snipers would be nigh on impossible to find.

Theres nothing more satisfying than finding a droners carcass, or finding that sniper whos been harasing you.

jernau
18-11-03, 14:52
Originally posted by Oath
No.........

That way droners and snipers would be nigh on impossible to find.

Theres nothing more satisfying than finding a droners carcass, or finding that sniper whos been harasing you.

I think you'll find that's our point. ;)

Oath
18-11-03, 14:53
Originally posted by jernau
I think you'll find that's our point. ;)

:lol:

I know, droners mebbe, but snipers STAY ON LOCAL, or at least something to locate them.

jernau
18-11-03, 14:54
Originally posted by Oath
:lol:

I know, droners mebbe, but snipers STAY ON LOCAL, or at least something to locate them.

No problem with that. Snipers have their own LOCAL and can see you coming.

Scikar
18-11-03, 14:59
Snipers would be so much easier to take down without local. The local list doesn't help you because he's outside the range. It only helps him because the average sniper hits the stealth the second he sees someone in local. Without local he would have to watch his back, or he'd end up flat on his back with a CS shoved up his bum.

Original monk
18-11-03, 15:08
they should remove it for 1 day yust to see how used we are to look at the local bar to identify if where close to the trader/tradeskiller we needed, or indeed when where looking for that droner that tried to kill us a sec before with that nemesis drone (that we also see in local), now its: ow the droners in local: he cant be far away :)

leave the local bar, dont try to nerf us any more: instead give us more radar capability's: or a working binoculars would be nice also :)

Original monk
18-11-03, 15:08
daamn i hit enter 2 times and now i have this :/ remove this second thread please, small mistake :(

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 15:12
I like monk's idea, remove it for 1 day to see how it goes. I like the idea of local being removed. It does add more to the sense of danger and excitement. And you could actually HIDE for once. Local is silly IMO.

Maybe spies could have the ability to see names on their local, with a tool or something while everyone else is "blind" in that regard.

garyu69
18-11-03, 15:20
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
I thought you were running away after sniping noobs at MB bunker o_O

You were chased by 2 players, the droner stayed in the bunker. So you were the one with the Libby shooting me in the face. Bah!

I don't kill noobs, i protect them =)

I was killing higher level Reds who were there. A noob in my clan was killed there. Bastards.

But that drone had chased me at first and then just before you were shooting me i was aiming up to shoot the drone, but legged it when you were laying into me.

aren't you neutral to me?

I still hate Drones

ghandisfury
18-11-03, 15:55
Totally disagree....I think local should be for the entire zone. Sorry mate, one star.

Pi-Oh-Pah
18-11-03, 16:11
So you were the one with the Libby shooting me in the face. Bah!

I was killing higher level Reds who were there. A noob in my clan was killed there. Bastards.

But that drone had chased me at first and then just before you were shooting me i was aiming up to shoot the drone, but legged it when you were laying into me.

I still hate Drones

I am not Pi-Oh-Pah in game.

Also Pi-Oh-Pah does not use pistols.

You shot at 2 CA runners, they are the ones who chased you.

garyu69
18-11-03, 16:16
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
I am not Pi-Oh-Pah in game.

Also Pi-Oh-Pah does not use pistols.

You shot at 2 CA runners, they are the ones who chased you. I have never and will never shoot any runner who is allied with me or neutral with me.
I only shoot, FA, TG and BT.
I did see a CA hanging with two other FA. So he may have been protecting them when they gave chase.

I am allied with CA anyway.

-FN-
18-11-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Keiron

Did someone say... Droner PA? :D

And damn.... I think I might've died 1 out of 10 OP battles if that when I used to drone. Hell, I used to defend Simmons by myself against entire teams using PB-20s and KKs :D

*sigh* those were the days

KimmyG
18-11-03, 17:11
Originally posted by jernau
Having played games with nothing similar to LOCAL I would say it's a vital feature. Losing it would be a serious pain in the arse.

I would have to agree with this statement no local is like being blind.

Mirco
18-11-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Scikar
Snipers would be so much easier to take down without local. The local list doesn't help you because he's outside the range. It only helps him because the average sniper hits the stealth the second he sees someone in local. Without local he would have to watch his back, or he'd end up flat on his back with a CS shoved up his bum.

Hail to the king, baby!!! This is so true.

I wonder what Counter-Strike would be like with the local list? I think removal of local bar is gonna bring more suspence and everyone would go guerillia. I just got aware of how dependant I`m of the local bar. If im hunting a runner, my eyes are glued to it.

REMUS
18-11-03, 18:52
So you were the one with the Libby shooting me in the face. Bah!

I still hate Drones

it was me that chased u with a pain easer not a fucking liberator u dick, u ran like a little hoe: also you were killing noobs allied to u becuase u had bad sl and i saw them drop you also killed my noob biotech runner about 2-3 times using the hill above mb as an exploit u useless exo turd.

you couldnt exorcise kasper let alone my noob spy face to face you limp bizkit loving hoe

Sanctioner
18-11-03, 19:07
well i would like to know WHY people would think taking out local is not good other then "no dont do it"

I mean what are you loosing that makes you feel you NEED local to play the game...

for Droners "Droner PA", wtf is that going to do for a droner....does that mean i need one more CS blast before i go down so lets see 4 instead of 3.... that somehow is going to make droning viable......

As for ops if you are in the op defending with a drone then you are correct you wont die to often if your side wins .....
try taking a op from the outside using a droner....

Hell just be hunting in the wastes and tell me how many times you have a clue as to who just flatlined your ass.....

Taking away local dosent hurt anyone, if anything it evens the game field for all classes.....

Making local zone wide will only worsens the effect as now people will be looking before my drone has even left my hand....
(drone shows up in local as well as my body.... btw)

As for Droners being to hard to find without local....well they are tooo easy to find with you reliing on local as your scanner, how much skill does that....

I will continue to drone no matter what they do as it appeals to me i was just curious what people think about the local more then anything...
i cant really find alot of uses for it other then a runner scanner tbh.

Freaky Fryd
18-11-03, 19:29
Originally posted by Scikar

Most times, a sniper can be taken out by someone that doesn't have to enter his local list. CS's have enough range to do that, I believe...

If you can find the sniper, take him out from a distance, or risk him stealthing away...

ModeSix
19-11-03, 07:31
I find local especially annoying when you're in an enemy OP doing some work, and manage to hide yourself, but the enemy knows that you're there because they can see your name on local, effectively not letting you try to escape using stealth and cunning (stealth in the classical sense not the stealth device), thus killing one aspect of RPG in Neocron.

Each user should have the ability to allow themselves to be displayed on local, or not, except in the case of safe zones such as Plaza etc.

That would be a nice addition or subtraction however you care to look at it.

Wannabe
19-11-03, 07:40
Originally posted by -FN-
Did someone say... Droner PA? :D

And damn.... I think I might've died 1 out of 10 OP battles if that when I used to drone. Hell, I used to defend Simmons by myself against entire teams using PB-20s and KKs :D

*sigh* those were the days

Heh FN, I still remember those days as well. As well the flying formation with 3 PN's (or was it PB-20's). You, me and I believe it was kurai who was the third SXR droner.

Simmons.. damn that place brings back a lot of good memories from the beginning of the year.

// Wannabe