PDA

View Full Version : (From the German Board) KK expanding? 0_o

Marx
17-11-03, 19:30
Hier der Link (http://www.n-dev.de/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=52&boardid=1&styleid=1&sid=4c2282d1aa57431501062269826fcadb)

KK's looking for folks who can work on PS2 games it seems...

Though perhaps my google skills completely killed the message - or maybe it's another use for the PS2 acronym that's completely beyond me.

o_O

Dazist
17-11-03, 19:47
Reakktor.com expanded and we look for programmers, who already have experience with the PS2. Short application (listing of the past projects, age and other qualifications) please on biz@reakktor.com send.

Babefish translation for the lazy. PS2 means simple games for simple people :) j/k anyway I hope they still keep patching and running NC.

Nidhogg
17-11-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
If the ongoing negotiations come to a positive end, KK will heavily grow. The exact number of new staff members has not been set yet.
Already mentioned here (in mid-October). Perhaps negotiations went well. ;)

N

Marx
17-11-03, 20:04
woooooo-woooooot.

:D

Siygess
17-11-03, 20:21
Ah well. If KK starts advertising for texture artists, model animators, level designers or low-poly modellers, somebody let me know. I do all four.. sometimes at the same time :D

Lagos
17-11-03, 20:37
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Already mentioned here (in mid-October). Perhaps negotiations went well. ;)

N

so it was already mentioned here in mid-october that if negotiations go well, KK will make a travel back in time and announce in july that they need some programmers for playstation 2 ? ;)

greets, Lagos.

\\Fényx//
17-11-03, 21:16
Originally posted by Lagos
so it was already mentioned here in mid-october that if negotiations go well, KK will make a travel back in time and announce in july that they need some programmers for playstation 2 ? ;)

greets, Lagos.

eh ?!? The date of that posts 7-11-2003 thats the 7th of november o_O

hinch
17-11-03, 21:19
if it was xbox games i`d apply :) got a couple of years experience in developing games for them but the ps2 is nasty hardware and not very powerfull either

Lagos
17-11-03, 21:27
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
eh ?!? The date of that posts 7-11-2003 thats the 7th of november o_O

damn you're right, he's just registered since july ...

and I thought I could own Nid at least one time :(

edit: anyway, I dont think that the announcement Nid was quoting has anything to do with this post of MJS .. what have ps2 programmers got to do with neocron and its future ?

edit2: Nid :p

greets, Lagos.

Nidhogg
17-11-03, 21:29
Originally posted by Lagos
and I thought I could own Nid at least one time :(In.

Your.

Dreams.

:p

N

Odin
17-11-03, 21:33
I heard some rumors but I'll just poke MJS and see if he wants to comment on it at all.

Celt
17-11-03, 21:58
Maybe they'll be able to hire a second coder.

That or MJS can buy a new high powered german sports car.

Or perhaps 10 rolex's.

Beanie McChimp
17-11-03, 22:49
lmao neocron on ps2 that would rock. But seriously kk it would be cool if you made games for ps2 lol like a rts neocron like NEOCRON: The ceres wars where you control either DOY or NEOCRON now I would definatley buy that game

Tickles
17-11-03, 22:51
Originally posted by Celt
Maybe they'll be able to hire a second coder.

That or MJS can buy a new high powered german sports car.

Or perhaps 10 rolex's.

Eh? They have like 3 coders, dont need a sports car or ten rolexs...

Original monk
17-11-03, 23:15
Originally posted by Odin
I heard some rumors but I'll just poke MJS and see if he wants to comment on it at all.

very intresting, do tell us more :cool:

and ps2 hé, nice nice sounds promising all ...

I like rumours hehe, let us know some more infos.

Good evening and have fun playing game, posting, moderating, helping out chars ingame and coding, that includes about everyone, good evening and good night for today :)

NeoChick
17-11-03, 23:56
If they put NC on PS they'll probably make a lot of money and the game will become more well knownwhich would all be positives.

Personally I think that all the Xbox, ps etc are kind of killing PC gaming because a lot of devs write mainly for ps,xbox etc

I think PC is for mature kids and grown ups, PS,Xbox is for all the little kids that have heaps of time to play and it does not cost that much

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 00:29
This is very exciting.

Originally posted by NeoChick

I think PC is for mature kids and grown ups, PS,Xbox is for all the little kids that have heaps of time to play and it does not cost that much

I never expected that type of generalization from you Neochick. O_o

Why do you say this?

XanX
18-11-03, 01:58
So, are we basically talking about a port of nc to PS2 and making it so it plays on the net ala Xbox Live.

Soooo, we'd be playing against people on PS2's ???

joran420
18-11-03, 02:15
i dont think it works to code wherer u play against PS 2 ppl....i think they would have their own server with totally different netcode(ala EQ and EQOA)

jernau
18-11-03, 03:04
I seriously doubt NC could be easily ported to PS2.

It's theoretically possible but extremely unlikely.

If they didn't design it for the PS2 hardware from day one it would be a mammoth task for questionable returns. They'd be better off burning the man-hours on several PC expansions.

I'd guess it's for a new project or for resurrecting one of their older titles. IIRC they put one of them on hold in order to get Neocron "finished". Maybe it's returning in console form?

ex-machina
18-11-03, 03:26
well... they are a game development company... maybe they're... shock - planning a new game!

some of you are talking like the only possible theory is that they're porting Neocron O_O

Marx
18-11-03, 05:54
Originally posted by ex-machina
well... they are a game development company... maybe they're... shock - planning a new game!

some of you are talking like the only possible theory is that they're porting Neocron O_O

lol, my thoughts exactly.

:lol:

Original monk
18-11-03, 09:51
we need like every key on our keyboard, including F1 F2 etc, and then alt+ E, H, etc and many more regular codes like reset position, kill sellf, bob 0.0 etc.

How ya gonna fit all that on 4 buttons ? a square, a triangle, a circle and a star :)

think its got sumthing to do with the making of virtual worlds in general or sumthing, i dunno, im not a developer: luckely cause i couldnt stand all those nerfwhiners anyway hehe

Good luck online, enjoy youre virtual lives :)

phunqe
18-11-03, 10:02

Nice... you better use a TL150 tool for that though 8| :D

EDIT: My god that was a lame joke

{MD}GeistDamnit
18-11-03, 10:05
I think a playstation 2 release of neocron is a good idea for the company :D

Heavyporker
18-11-03, 10:27
mmmm... it'd be rather interesting to see that, a PS2 port of Neocron. A good chance of decently expanding the world of Neocron. And yeah, there's like five or something more buttons than the four under your right hand (the left F1 and F2, and the right F1 F2, etc). Plus, they'd probably put most of the functions and shit under a menu or something, hitting start button or something prompts the RPOS and enhanced function list (including reset, suicide, and alt+e, and so on.) Guys... I'm imagining what it would feel like casting spells with that force feeback pad! :eek: The analong knobs might even get used... not sure, but they CAN. I sorta wonder, though, about moving things around in inventory and QB and loot, though analog stick might work as a mouse in RPOS mode, you know. The concept of Neocron on PS2 isn't that outlandish.

Anyways, yes, it's possible that KK is bringing another game or two to the front burner now that Neocron is about to start running itself (such as it is, with a promoter behind it and all those famous GMs :D ). KK has been extraordinarily dedicated to Neocron, but business sense dicates that they HAVE to start diversifying their portofolio of games - get more income, get better-known, all that. Right now, KK got all its eggs in Neocron. Not good common or economic sense.

I wish KK all possible success in this.

amfest
18-11-03, 11:24
I love neocron but I hope it's a new game . . . I'd like to see what KK can dish out ;)

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 15:22
Will this PS2 game have PPUs?

Jesterthegreat
18-11-03, 15:29
Originally posted by joran420
i dont think it works to code wherer u play against PS 2 ppl....i think they would have their own server with totally different netcode(ala EQ and EQOA)

iirc FFXI is out on both PS2 and PC and it runs the same world / server for both platforms.

Xizor
18-11-03, 15:33
Try aiming a CS while running around with a PS2 joypad...= Don't dream.

A PS2 joypad, at least in my experience, is not very easy to make into a mouse...Also wondering exactly how ugly Neocron would look on a 21" TV?

Nah I think it's a new game.
A question from a newcommer tho:

When will DoY come? Ppl are leaving because of boredom, ppl are sick of doing the same over and over again. I sense that they want more for their money. There are still lot's of bugs, lag ect. when will this get solved? Neocron is not still in beta I suppose? If so I'm paying for a beta ;)

CkVega
18-11-03, 16:18
I wonder if it has anything to do with the piranha game KK were developing. (personally I'd like to have seen that included in neocron for underwater citys and things like that).
Its on this page (http://www.reakktor.com/Products/products.html)

jernau
18-11-03, 16:27
Originally posted by CkVega
I wonder if it has anything to do with the piranha game KK were developing. (personally I'd like to have seen that included in neocron for underwater citys and things like that).
Its on this page (http://www.reakktor.com/Products/products.html)

That's the one I was thinking of.

"UPDATE [05/07/99] : Since all development resources are focused on our virtual city project Neocron, the production of Piranha has been set on hold until further notice."

I'm not sure how much life a 4-year old incomplete game has in it though tbh.

Jesterthegreat
18-11-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Xizor
Try aiming a CS while running around with a PS2 joypad...= Don't dream.

A PS2 joypad, at least in my experience, is not very easy to make into a mouse...Also wondering exactly how ugly Neocron would look on a 21" TV?

Nah I think it's a new game.
A question from a newcommer tho:

When will DoY come? Ppl are leaving because of boredom, ppl are sick of doing the same over and over again. I sense that they want more for their money. There are still lot's of bugs, lag ect. when will this get solved? Neocron is not still in beta I suppose? If so I'm paying for a beta ;)

http://www.nz.playstation.com/psone/hardware/mouse.jhtml

:p

:edit: thats for PS1 - i imagine its possible for PS2 too, although maybe not done yet

anyway i never said it would be cross platform NC - i think its unlikely a year into PC retail lol

i would assume it is a new game - and those piranah screenies are old, i remember seein em ages ago

jernau
18-11-03, 17:20

**Poke's Odin to remind him to poke MJS** ;)

Beanie McChimp
18-11-03, 17:32
Originally posted by Original monk
we need like every key on our keyboard, including F1 F2 etc, and then alt+ E, H, etc and many more regular codes like reset position, kill sellf, bob 0.0 etc.

How ya gonna fit all that on 4 buttons ? a square, a triangle, a circle and a star :)

erm you can get keyboards and mouses for the ps2

Jesterthegreat
18-11-03, 17:37
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
erm you can get keyboards and mouses for the ps2

hense why i posted a link to a PS1 mouse - i knew they were around >.<

Original monk
18-11-03, 17:59
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Will this PS2 game have PPUs?

hehe rofl :P

i wanted to use this as a siggy but i yust have a new one so i gonna keep the image fo a while, still very funny hehe

t0tt3
18-11-03, 18:53
OMG I wouldnt touch that mouse even if I got it for free.....
2 button mice are dead and will never survive... "no I dont like apple"

For a gamer point of view the more buttons = easier gameplay.. so if the mouse has less then 5 buttons GOOO SCHOOOO WAAAAY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH :D

Why cant they just ask logitech to do their mouse :rolleyes:

jernau
18-11-03, 19:08
Originally posted by t0tt3
OMG I wouldnt touch that mouse even if I got it for free.....
2 button mice are dead and will never survive... "no I dont like apple"

For a gamer point of view the more buttons = easier gameplay.. so if the mouse has less then 5 buttons GOOO SCHOOOO WAAAAY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH :D

Why cant they just ask logitech to do their mouse :rolleyes:

You might well find it will work, though I doubt all the buttons would be supported.

I know the normal PC Logitech USB wheel works on a PS2.

MX700 > ALL.

Clothing_Option
18-11-03, 19:39
so if their (kk) are developing other games, which i think is likely,
then isnt this game (NC) dead?

Marx
18-11-03, 19:43
Originally posted by Clothing_Option

:lol:

You guys read too much into this bit of news.

Their fast attack sub game was in the works longer than Neocron, seeing as Reakktor is far from being a small time mom & pop operation - I can see people working there that don't work on the Neocron project.

Anyway, a bigger name for Reakktor makes for a bigger name for Neocron.

jernau
18-11-03, 21:17
Originally posted by Clothing_Option

Yeah, because no company has ever worked on more than one project at once. :rolleyes:

No really......

honest...