PDA

View Full Version : Possible idea for a long awaited rifle AOE

IceHawk2684
17-11-03, 17:44
since i rarely see a tank using a grenade launcher why not uping the damage some... and making it a rifle? therodically a grenade launcher even now a days is a rifle. heck even tear gas launchers... hmmm... now that i say that... would be nice to have a gren launcher mod that fuzzes up the screen like a drug. Anyways its a suggestion for rifle AOE ... simple.... make grenade launchers rifles. And up the dmg a bit more so that they are somewhat useful.

redjacket
17-11-03, 17:47
the grenade launcher even looks like a rifle... to meh anyway...

i have to say that this idea is stupid...

err... wait... no... THIS IS A GOOD IDEA...

or at least make a grenade rifle in addition to the HW grenade launcher... maybe give the current GL along with some kind of upgrade to make it USEFUL and make a new model for a tank grenade launcher that looks more... "Ubar Weapon of DOOM!"

and then to make the weapon even better you ca... Ooohhh, look at the kitty...

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-03, 17:49
Rifle AOE = ownage idea :D just make it lowtech :p

Drake6k
17-11-03, 17:54
sex!

Pistols have mini rockets
Rifles have snipers

My new character on saturn is a rifle PE... I really dont want some low TL AOE that looks like a heavy weapon. So go 53x0r 4 dr0m

Psycho_Soldier
17-11-03, 17:57
I don't really like the idea about the grenade launchers but what about shotguns? Those should have a small area of effect shouldn't they?

Drake6k
17-11-03, 17:58
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I don't really like the idea about the grenade launchers but what about shotguns? Those should have a small area of effect shouldn't they?

Very good idea!!

Just make shotguns AOE, thats cool :cool:

redjacket
17-11-03, 18:01
Originally posted by Drake6k
Very good idea!!

Just make shotguns AOE, thats cool :cool:

dunno how AoE shotguns would work... maybe if they were modded for explosive ammo or something... but... err... even though theres a "spread" on a shotgun usin' good ol' buckshot... neocron doesn't work that way... unless you rig it to work like an explosion on hit... but then it would just be silly...

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 18:01
I want an AOE Rifle (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79844)

KRIMINAL99
17-11-03, 18:07
Hell no retard stay away from our nader launchers. Sooner or later well get a rare one lol.

I don't know but I certainly don't want to lose grenade launchers as a tank.

Now AOE shotguns is a GOOD idea. Make it attack several people at once heh.

redjacket
17-11-03, 18:08
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
Hell no retard stay away from our nader launchers. Sooner or later well get a rare one lol.

I don't know but I certainly don't want to lose grenade launchers as a tank. like i said above... one for rifle users and one for tanks... rifles kinda need an AoE if even PISTOLS have one...

IceHawk2684
17-11-03, 18:12
yeah but u also have to think unless the shotgun does INSANE dmg it would be useless. That means it would have to do like 200 dmg on a mob wiht like 3 bullet shots? and it would have as much range as tank with a alloy knife. plus the grenade launcher offers the spy the ability to lob at long range hence making it a (range gun) like some of u have stated a spy should be. the shot gun seems more based for a PE that cna get very close n tango wiht a mob. a true spy needs that launcher. the shotgun would also be madly exploited as people would cloak... shotgun u in the face... cloak again... and there goes a giant chunk of ur health. I would personally exploit that shotty to its full potencial. just get stealth breaker drugs and have fun ripping people apart n cloaking. the launcher actualy has a launch and detonation delay making it pretty much a lvling weapon.

Lathuc
17-11-03, 18:13
what about atachable grens to rifles like a rifle grenade rtcw:et anyone?

IceHawk2684
17-11-03, 18:17
lat... i happen to like that idea...

maybe an assualt rifle ammo mod to make it fire rocket propeled grenades. like the Alien vs Pred assualt rifle. i doubt u could have both wince theres no secondary mode on weapons.... maybe a slot addon.... that u can turn off n on like a laser pointer. but that would involve to much work for the designers. and i know how much of a pain it is to please the comunity so im trying to offer and easy way with the already existing game coding.

redjacket
17-11-03, 18:18
Originally posted by Lathuc
what about atachable grens to rifles like a rifle grenade rtcw:et anyone? i always thought weapons needed attachments kinda like that... grenade launchers, shotguns, or like a pulse laser kinda thing. Its not a bad idea, but its about as likely to happen as me ever getting hardcore cow sex in the game.

Marx
17-11-03, 18:24
http://www.forcerecon.com/images/strong/26bth.jpg

rifle 'nade launcher.

http://www.milkor.co.za/grafix/mglmk1.jpg

Heavy weps 'nade launcher.

Works out in my head - dunno about you guys.

redjacket
17-11-03, 18:27
i was thinking more along the lines of an HK-69 instead of the m79... but... that works too...

yeah that other grenade launcher would make a bad ass h-c version...

-EDiT_

actually, after looking at the hk69 again, it would make a better grenade PISTOL... hehehe... i forgot it looked like a flairgun...

-EDi_ -=II=-
HK69 40mm
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0000/94.htm
HK69a1 40mm
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2600/2605.htm

bottom one shows the size of it better... looks like a flairgun from hell... you may have to copy and paste since i think they have anti-link crap... (nm, they seem to work for me... if they dont, copy and paste)

see the kinda bad thing about rifles is that you dont really have a way to deal with stealthers... at all... even though you yourself can typically stealth if you wanna spec for it... still, thats no real way to deal with it...

IceHawk2684
17-11-03, 18:31
the tanks are just angry that im removing one of their 7000 game AOE's im primarily the first n00b heavy combat weapon they could use. im not saying totally remove them for a tnak just saying add a new series that does more dmg for the spy. >: D ONOZ!!!!! spies with l337 launchers that is technically true they are rifles and not cannons.. LOL! I still don't know why the designers made it a HC weapon and not RC. would be nice to get some dev input on this subject actually.

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-03, 18:42
Originally posted by Drake6k
sex!

Pistols have mini rockets
Rifles have snipers

mini rockets are lowtech snipers are hightech.. see the prob ? sure i wanna use snipers but lose the ^#$#$^82 tc then..

Machen
17-11-03, 22:46
Kinda funny to see people counting Mini Launcher as actual "WEAPON"... :rolleyes:

Yeah Rifle don`t have AoE so they should get that as well,
and enjoy your TL65-does-same-dmg-to-TL31-pineapple Grenade Launcher...

Lexxuk
17-11-03, 23:09
H&K > ALL!!

http://www.heckler-koch.de/html/english/behoerden/04_specialweapons/04_images/04_02_weapon_01.jpg

The HK79A1 is the add-on version of the HK69, specially designed to fit with the HK33 Assault Rifle. As to quality, performance parameters and handling ease, it is similar to the HK69.

although..

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/pw/pw_sa80.htm

the SA80 (its a pretty rifle)..

One new Under slung Grenade Launcher (UGL), designed to be mounted beneath the barrel of the IW, will be issued to each fire team, replacing the Rifle Grenade General Service (RGGS) and 51mm mortar – significantly reducing the ammunition load the infantry section carries, while enhancing its capabilities. The UGL will be able to fire 40mm High Explosive (HE), smoke and illuminating rounds out to a range of 350 m to destroy, obscure or indicate enemy positions.

Best not to piss off the british army right now I think 8| 8|

Ascension
17-11-03, 23:28
Maybe if KK fixed the Mini launcher:eek:

It makes the sound of firing 2, and also shows it reloading 2O_o

A rifle AOE? that just dont quiet make sense?

Lexxuk
18-11-03, 03:43
a rifle itself, per se, is not an AOE weapon, its a thing that fires high velocity projectiles into flesh, causing massive damage to the tissue, internal organs, bones, causing blood loss and other related injuries due to a) impact, b) exit and c) big bloody bullet whacking into soft pliable skin.

rifles however can have modifications to them to allow for rocket type activity, this can be for logistical reasons, why throw a grenade, when a rifleman can just aim a little higher and "pfffffffffft" GRENADE!! meaning you can kill 2 people with one stone, or HE grenade, cause a stone in a gun would be silly.

actual "rockets" could be fired, but would need to be low capacity, possibly two or three shots per load, otherwise you get into weight constraints etc.

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 04:26
Rifles shouldn't get AOE IMO.

IceStorm
18-11-03, 06:03
Make the Fusion rifle lineup AoE. It's already shooting a small photon torpedo, might as well make it act like one.

Rachius
18-11-03, 06:40
Originally posted by Lexxuk
the SA80 (its a pretty rifle)..
Best not to piss off the british army right now I think 8| 8|

The SA80 has to be one of the ugliest guns ever. Excluding the FAMAS. That, and the fact that it was a huge **** up in the first place, doesnt pin much hope on future models. The list of problems with the original ran into the hundreds.

You could do rifle grenades, single shots that fix to the barrel, like the FAMAS. Mind you, if riflers get a decent AOE damage weapon, the Rocket Pistol should have its damage upped.

LVirus
18-11-03, 08:44
One of the reasons why capping a rifle (and pistol) spy is pain in the arseloch is because lack of AOE. Monks got their barrels to level insane fast, tanks got their granma and 100 other AOEs to use for leveling fast. Heck, I got 6 hour old tank with STR 73 because of AOE's (Thats base, no imps :D )

greploco
18-11-03, 21:41
pistol users have mini rocket launcher that fires mini rockets

how about a rocket rifle that fires mini rockets

that would solve it

El Barto
18-11-03, 22:13
Not bad, but if it does happen (which it won't) al least keep the H-C Grenade launchers that are in game atm and the BPs there. I'd rather have both, H-C one that is more short term damage and the rifle to be 'long' lasting damage based. 'Short term' damage will be like it hits explodes, does damage and thats all, 'long lasting damage' will be like it hits explodes and stays for a bit doing damage (possable stacking depending on the mods used).