PDA

View Full Version : Horizons (EU Beta)

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 15:20
I have managed to get the download sorted and have left the game installing while Im back at work.

Should be on tonight sometime.

Anyone else in the EU Beta ?

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 15:22
is it closed beta? if so wanna send me the file + your details? :p

if its open - givf link! lol

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 15:44
Closed AFAIK - you get a individual code when you get into the beta - you use it to create your account.

Wannabe
17-11-03, 16:07
Just applied to EU beta. Seems I had been on the Neverwinter Nights beta as well ;D Bad websites never stop to amuse me.

// Wannabe

Syntax-Error
17-11-03, 16:45
Yep im in this phase aswell.

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Yep im in this phase aswell.

Whats yer character name then ?

Syntax-Error
17-11-03, 16:52
Err.... good question...

Faldor Callash i THINK.. i the nice black dragon with the blue and red markings. and the glowing blue eyes (man i LOVE my skin :D)

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 16:54
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Err.... good question...

Faldor Callash i THINK.. i the nice black dragon with the blue and red markings. and the glowing blue eyes (man i LOVE my skin :D)

LOL PM me later when you know for sure :)

jernau
17-11-03, 18:12
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Closed AFAIK - you get a individual code when you get into the beta - you use it to create your account.

http://www.europe.istaria.com/uk/mod.php?mod=gallery&op=media&media_id=8

Cow molesting elves?

redjacket
17-11-03, 18:16
Originally posted by jernau

Cow molesting elves? Dude... any game that is detailed enough to have elf + cow action... is a game I NEED TO PLAY! See, that is what neocron needs. Maybe not the elf part, but the cows, especially cow sex. Droms are nice and all, but I want a cow. A pretty spotted black and white sexy milk giver for me to HAVE MY WANTON LUSTFUL WAYS WITH... just like that elf. I want the cow to BEG for my hard love. I want it to MOOO as I slide myself in... I want... damn... Gotta change my pants, brb...

robdekoning
17-11-03, 20:53
i so agree :p

Lisa Davitt
17-11-03, 21:14
Originally posted by jernau

Cow molesting elves?

That looks more like a gnome.

msdong
17-11-03, 22:08
gnome, elves.. all the same evil race .....

i hate uxo for having elves ....

OMG I HATE ELVES !!!!

Rieper
17-11-03, 22:20
Im in Horizons Main Beta. I can say no more thanks to the nda.

well actually.. ******* **** *** Gets dragged off by the police

DarkPhoenix
17-11-03, 23:20
Im in it too...

Lisa Davitt
17-11-03, 23:24
Originally posted by Rieper
Im in Horizons Main Beta. I can say no more thanks to the nda.

well actually.. ******* **** *** Gets dragged off by the police

I know some ppl who are in Horizons beta and all what they told me is the tradeskill system is the best around and the mobs have an impressive AI. :cool:

Harch
17-11-03, 23:44
I applyed about 4 weeks ago but no reply as yet.
However, after hearing that the combat is like SWG (you "tab" to select enemies and then select special moves to do) I don't think I fancy playing. Thats why I gave upw ith SWG and came back to Neocron lol...

NeoChick
18-11-03, 00:09
I heard some things about Horizons that put me off too. It sounds a lot like SWG and I also came back here from that.
But what I heard was that crafting system is great but that there is no pvp at all, i.e. nil

I guess whoever moves there will be back once they get tired of playing a dragon, must get boring after a while
I think the dragon is their drawcard, my son is desperately waiting for that game so he can be a dragon lol

Rieper
18-11-03, 00:23
Originally posted by Lisa Davitt
I know some ppl who are in Horizons beta and all what they told me is the tradeskill system is the best around and the mobs have an impressive AI. :cool:

Tradeskill system is great... really, really cool and clever.. i heard bluetech are moving to it :p

and also the mob ai is impressive.. you really get a shock when you're fighting a certain high level mob and another certain high level mob goes over and does something that you dont expect.

Goddamn NDA :p

Lisa Davitt
18-11-03, 00:43
Originally posted by NeoChick
I heard some things about Horizons that put me off too. It sounds a lot like SWG and I also came back here from that.
But what I heard was that crafting system is great but that there is no pvp at all, i.e. nil

I guess whoever moves there will be back once they get tired of playing a dragon, must get boring after a while
I think the dragon is their drawcard, my son is desperately waiting for that game so he can be a dragon lol

Well to be waiting for DoY for more than a year and still no a definitive date for it, the current situation with Monkacron, the lack of ppl on the servers here, the fact a lot of my friends are giving up is what is forcing me to think about another possible game to play.

Lisa Davitt
18-11-03, 00:50
Originally posted by Rieper
Tradeskill system is great... really, really cool and clever.. i heard bluetech are moving to it :p

Yes some ex Blue Tech ( now Black Tech) are in Horizons beta and some others are planning to move there.

dArkjON
18-11-03, 08:17
Im in the Beta 2. And looking 4 some cute People in Beta 4 some Team Fun or other thinks ;) . Jon Ownd is my Name, or PM here in Forum :)

dArk

mr murb
18-11-03, 10:32
I have been in horizons beta since sept.

got in, got the 36,000 files in 1500 folders upon installation.

played it.
I didn't get hooked.
played it some more. felt like grinding
The trade skilling setup seemed fine.
but I found mining the ore, chopping the trees/ harvesting the flax / mining the sandstone ..... and making stuff boring.
and I have made construction / researchers in Neocron just by trade skills and missions.

I found the PvM lacking. I was leveling in windowed mode while I surfed the web. cause I was bored. It did have some nice AI, one monster healing another and the like.

I don't know what the top end of the game is.
buy some land. build a house (or contract to get a house built).
then what ????

there is no pvp.
I must say the Beta / game did approve during the time I played. Even when I started the beta, Horizons was more stable than Neocron every was. crash never. (well, very rarely, more like a sync out)

it didn't hook me. I lasted thru 2 server wipes. I stopped after the 3rd. haven't played for 2 weeks
sorry not my game.

Void
18-11-03, 11:54
Some of the uTs-Crew are also in the beta.:cool:

Greetz

Daria Treublatt
/HZ-inGame nick

Wannabe
19-11-03, 14:08
Ok, I'm in the Horizons beta now ^_^

Haven't picked up a name yet (stupid login page not working) so guess I'd PM Trillian to get in touch with BlueTech members =)

// Wannabe

Pi-Oh-Pah
19-11-03, 15:02
Originally posted by Wannabe
Ok, I'm in the Horizons beta now ^_^

Haven't picked up a name yet (stupid login page not working) so guess I'd PM Trillian to get in touch with BlueTech members =)

// Wannabe

you have to use the eu login site cos they shut the other servers for a wipe or summat

evs
19-11-03, 15:15
yup been in it a while.
didnt like it
kramer's been playing a bit longer than me and loves it

its a tradeskiller's heaven styled game