PDA

View Full Version : Whats up

Centuri
17-11-03, 15:14
Hi all, just thought I would come on here while the daoc servers are patching up for a new expansion.

So how are you all doing ? Anything interesting happening on pluto now days ? Still fights going on like always ?

What about kk they added anything new yet or fixed any of the old bugs, or just created more new ones ? Is communication any better between kk, gms and there customers ?

Well thats all I really wanted to know.

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 15:18
i gotta reinstall DAoC on my home PC...

but then I'd prolly never get around to playin, but as my account is paid for i prolly should at least install it lol

\\Fényx//
17-11-03, 15:23
aww centykins you coming home to neocron ? :D

ah ok I guess not :/ anyway things are allrite, plutos gettin a bit shite for me atm, gettin pissed with PPUing for everyone but it all boils down to who has the most monks . . . so yea, for the good of the clan and all that i made a PPU . . .

El_MUERkO
17-11-03, 15:23
Some balance issues have been resolved and the present test server patch looks to fix more as well as some long standing bugs.

Account hacking is the big discussion of the moment.

Centuri
17-11-03, 15:30
Fenyx you will find playing a ppu can be really fun at times, watching your enemy running around crazy trying to kill you.

Also test server means nothing really anything released on there takes 6 months usually to come out before they release it on retail and the account hacking still around ?

Of course that aint gonna get fixed kk blame there customers for it saying its nothing to do with them.

Anyway wont be coming back any time soon, just wanted to see how things are coming about. Would be nice to see this game turn around and get sorted out.

Btw any more news on DoY ? Or should I just not bother asking about it ?

Candaman
17-11-03, 15:33
good things he's not a good ppu

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 15:34
news on DoY? LMFAO

thats a no :p

but there is another neocron gathering...

\\Fényx//
17-11-03, 15:51
Originally posted by Candaman
good things he's not a good ppu

OI!

cheeky git O_o

Tupac
17-11-03, 16:33
PLUTO NEEDS YOU !!! (centuri) and Polarity

Centuri
17-11-03, 16:39
Tupac theres very little chance of me or pol coming back we both enjoy dark ages of camelot now and they update a lot more often than kk do with this game.

Since I been back theres been 2 or so patches and this one is a massive thing allowing player housing. Plus theres another new expansion coming out soon which will include new areas, mobs,drops,player classes.

You really think neocron is gonna surive at the rate its going ?

I know why dont you guys come over to daoc and join me guild ? :)

•Super|\|ova•
17-11-03, 16:43
Hello Centuri :) I used to play DAoC like over an year ago. I played on Excalibur. Few of my friends still might have some accouunts running over there. I think they have like 5 capped charecters or so.

DAoC is indeed a nice game but I think at least I will hang on to NC for a little while before thinking about changing to another game.

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 16:44
Alb / pryd + mid / excal iirc

oh and whatever i am on my old US account

wolfwood
17-11-03, 16:47
Centy, so good to hear from you. Things in NDA are goin good and they finally released the damn spy and pe pa a little while ago. As for now just the usual op fights and hunting, nothin to new.

Good to hear you are well wolfie.

Centuri
17-11-03, 16:48
Did you play albion at all on excal ?

Also yeah neocron is a good game anyone that aint played it before I would recommend the game to them, but the way things are going the game will keep you interested for maybe 3 months top with its current features then you will get bored.

Since more people are leaving its gonna be harder to keep new players interested. One thing that brought jumpgate to its knees was the fact of not having many people online at the same time and also that damn nerf to the phoenix :)

DAoC has a lot more goals thou, there are guilds, rvr, pve, rare drops, realm abilites, realm ranks, relics, exploration etc

Theres no way I could ever get one of my chars to a position where they are totally sorted and I cant make them any better.

I would need a full set of sidi drops or other hard drops to get plus realm rank 10 which would take me many months to get :)

Neocron you can cap almost any character and get the equipment with a good guild and be sorted within a week. Except int on maybe spys and specially monks.

Lanigav
17-11-03, 16:48
I know why dont you guys come over to daoc and join me guild ?

DoaC bored me to tears. :\

Syntax-Error
17-11-03, 16:51
U seem to forget NCs only a baby compaired to other MMORPGs.

give her chance. im sure she will prove herself. if not.. we can all play everquest.............or not :lol:

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 16:54

NC is a year into retail. ok i dont expect it to be bug free... but half the beta bugs still in game.

dont get me wrong. i have lived with it for over a year now im not about to threaten to quit over it lol :p

however i will play less when FOMK beta starts...

Centuri
17-11-03, 16:56
Syntax-Error, I gave nc time, played it for like a year, in beta and retail. The thing is they say stuff that they cant follow up like doy for example they should have just shut there mouths and not mention it. The people would not be so pissed off with waiting for it.

Also the communication between the devs and the players is poor althou most other games are similar. Any game that wants to succeed needs a communication with there customers.

This game is going how jumpgate went. They will end up releasing doy some time mid summer next year I bet you and by that time another mmorpg will be out thats far better.

wolfwood
17-11-03, 16:59
im not given up hope !!!!!!!!!

Syntax-Error
17-11-03, 17:02
Maybe so.. but i remember a young UO that was the same. alot of promised items that never arrived when promised. hell 4 years later i was still finding bugs that were reported in beta.

All in all NC isnt really that bad.. atleast it runs on my low spec machine :D i cant get PS to run smoothly EVER and if anything major happens in horizons it locks up. basically Neocron. ye its a fish out of water right now. but (i hope.. we all hope) the new publisher will kick it back into the deep and give us all a breath.

Untill then.. i guess ill stick it out.

Berzerker
17-11-03, 20:23
I agree with Centuri. KK should look at what hapened to JG. A really good space sim, that went splat.

Ascension
17-11-03, 20:48
I ask myself why do i still play this sh*t?

Today... Die as Grim spawns on my head....

Go to get my pack and survive... make my way back into tg.. Sync then have 2 re-log, then i log in to find myself dead at the Bridge in the Tg zone.. next 2 loadsa grims and terror raptures..

So i Gr 2 TG "AGAIN" and once again I sync Dead next to some Grims..

So Im 99 % Si from leaving:mad:

deac
17-11-03, 22:02
hello centuri

Rachius
17-11-03, 22:08
Sup, C :)

Whats the cost for DAoC anyway? Monthly and the cost for the cds?

Dont Mess
17-11-03, 22:24
OMFG daoc has 2 be the worst online game i mean the pvp is shit pvm is worse and like confusing

Centuri
17-11-03, 23:56
Originally posted by deac
hello centuri

Hey deacon :)

Reachius you can buy daoc and the expansion pack for around 25.99 or something like that and monthly i think is around 10 pounds i think. Cant remember excalt price atm.

and Dont mess DAoC dont have a good combat system like this and yes its more complicated to play I would say but its got a much better number of people playing usually 2500 on each server during peak time. Also the game gets updates often and the expansion packs actually come out :0

Theres already been the shrouded isle expansion pack which you buy with the game and today they just added the foundations expansion that allows you to buy player/guild houses. Plus a new expansion called trials of altantis is already been tested and I think will be out within a month or 2.

So the game is looking better and better :)

Hippieman
18-11-03, 00:47
If it aint got anything less then a 7-day free trial deal. Fuck it.

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 00:56
Centuri tell me about DAOC.

How's the PvP? If any.......

How's the PvM?

Is leveling fast, slow, hard, easy?

Do you need to TEAM to level?(please say no...........)

Etc........

Tell me everything. :p

Centuri
18-11-03, 01:22
The pvp is very different to how this game is. Basically you select an enemy and then press a button for a certain attack. But the attacks are different there are positional attacks, attacks which you can do after you pull off another attack. Its something you would need to check out yourself really. Althou I can say its the same combat system as swg if you have played that before.

Pvp known as rvr in daoc is realm vs realm fighting, you cant kill people in the same realm as you, you can duel them but thats it. To kill enemies of the other realms you need to go to a portal and teleport there. I recommend maybe checking out the website for more information and pictures.

Leveling can be easy or hard, if you get powerlvled you can get a char to mid 40s in about 3days play time. Different classes find leveling easy or hard. This game does require you to play more as a team, however you can level on your own, althou it can be slower.

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/

Also you get a free months worth of play.

If you decide to give it a go join excalibur sever go to the albion realm and look me up, I run a guild called Keepers of the Light.

Rizzy
18-11-03, 01:24
The pvp is tactics based, not really 'twitch' skill based. Levelling is slow when you get into the level 40 area.

Centuri
18-11-03, 01:45
shadow dancer i actually think if leveled up a fire wizard and teamed up with pitspawn you 2 would make a fairly good team in rvr :)

Clothing_Option
18-11-03, 01:47
Originally posted by Centuri
Did you play albion at all on excal ?

Also yeah neocron is a good game anyone that aint played it before I would recommend the game to them, but the way things are going the game will keep you interested for maybe 3 months top with its current features then you will get bored.

Since more people are leaving its gonna be harder to keep new players interested. One thing that brought jumpgate to its knees was the fact of not having many people online at the same time and also that damn nerf to the phoenix :)

But all the pple who are leaving where are they going to theres nothing like NC out there that i know of.
So what the hell are pple playing Horizons?

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 01:50
Originally posted by Centuri
shadow dancer i actually think if leveled up a fire wizard and teamed up with pitspawn you 2 would make a fairly good team in rvr :)

Is pitspawn a cleric? :p

I'm assuming their are stealthy thief type chars correct?

Centuri
18-11-03, 02:12
Nah pitspawn aint a cleric, he has a buffbot which is a cleric. But he has a fire wizard so he can nuke people, they resemble apus.

And for albion there are 3 classes that can stealth, minstrel which plays music for different things like speed, health regain, power regain and mezzing.

Theres the scouts which use longbows to sniper enemies, and then theres the infilitrators which sneak up behind enemies and then stab them in the back.

Infilitrators are a good class if you like to solo, they are very good in rvr for that. However a group of stealthers together can cause a lot of pain :)

Clerics in this game aren't as god like as ppus in neocron.

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 02:16
What's a buffbot? O_o

Centuri
18-11-03, 02:24
Its a cleric that gives you buffs to enhance your stats, the buffs stay on till you die. Each cleric can only give out like 20 buffs so a lot of people have there own buffbots.

Its sort of like a ppu that can give you buffs which will stay on till you die and you can leave him in plaza 4 while you run to pepper park and fight :)

Shadow Dancer
18-11-03, 02:47
wow, isn't that a bit......................easy? It's just odd something like that would be in a game.

Centuri
18-11-03, 02:58
Buffs help out but they dont make you god like, like buffs in neocron :) But a lot of people have them so it doesn't make things that much better :)

boone
18-11-03, 15:33
yeah i agree that nc isn't very appealing, not much new content, still the same old bugs that should not be here after a whole year of retail, but it's nc.. it's like home ;) you get used to it, watching the fucktards in p1 thinking they're hellafun with their lame jokes, killing the same old mobs each and every day..

when FOMK beta comes, i'm heading that way to :/ when doy does come, i've payed way too much for this game as it is.