PDA

View Full Version : Just like old times

jernau
17-11-03, 14:11
Over the last week I've been re-experiencing some of the old beta-joy.

I've been random-teleporting all over the world. Trips through plaza over the weekend sent me to : MB (twice), 5 different appartments, VR3, PP2, the opposite end of the sector I was in (many times) and about half a dozen wasteland beauty spots.

All the "Beta pwns joo" people should be happy but it's starting to get on my tits and I am just waiting for the P1/P4 doors to get stuck shut.

Anyone else getting this lately?

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:14
lol... i never got warped in beta :p

and beta WAS > now :p lol

i remember bein a noob and spending weeks in the rat sewers thinkin there was no other way to level heh... good times

'OMG! i solo'd a small sewer rat! im fuckin 1337!'

*sigh* i cant wait for FOMK beta to be a noob all over again

MayhemMike
17-11-03, 14:24
ya its been bad, i've ended up in pees apt. and long ass zoning :|

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:27
i seem to barely get any problems on my PC... i made it myself and was considering upgrading on payday - but im afraid it will make NC as buggy as normal lol

besides... my payday funds

Webcam (Damn you Danae)
FFXI
XBox Live
Rainbow 6 (XBox)
Simpsons Hit&Run (if available for XBox)
as well as the usual intoxicating substances / broardband / NC bills

man... i hate my wages lol

Wannabe
17-11-03, 14:29
Umm... beta .. I actually found around 150 screenshots from Beta 4 on a backup CD of mine. I'm still going thru my unlabeled CD-roms to find the CD that has around 1000 Beta 3 shots. Was cool to see Centuri as NDA leader and NDA being Tangent Technologies instead of CityAdmin.

Also the good old plasma shooting huge Warbot Titans and BlueTech shouting "Warbots!" all over team chat. Oh, those were the times.

// Wannabe

phunqe
17-11-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i remember bein a noob and spending weeks in the rat sewers thinkin there was no other way to level heh... good times

'OMG! i solo'd a small sewer rat! im fuckin 1337!'

Lol, you said it man. :D

How about the first time you logged in, going down from your appartment, out to the plazas... hearing the announcements... seeing all others as filled with anticipation as you.
How about your first storage run, meeting a Butchee.
How about the first time you opened the big wasteland gates at OZ station.
How about seeing a WB for the first time.
How about...*sniff*

:( :D

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:37
nah... i just killed rats and got a leet rank of 20 (only 1 rank in them days iirc)

phunqe
17-11-03, 14:38
nah... i just killed rats and got a leet rank of 20 (only 1 rank in them days iirc)

Yeah, it was quite confusing with the xx/xx rank.
Was it armour based? Was it weapon damage based? Nobody knew really, did we :p

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:40
nah... but basically the nummber didnt matter... just get a bigger first number than second one and you were a god!

i long for that again :(

hurry up FOMK

oh and BTW - when i am more interested in beta testing a game i havent played than playing a game i have a years experiance in... KK should take notice. and i know im not the only one

phunqe
17-11-03, 14:41
Yeah I signed up for FoMK as well... I suppose it's like winning the lottery getting in that beta programme.. with all them applications :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:43
not for me :p

im not gonna confirm or deny anything - but ill say ill see ya there if you get in :p

phunqe
17-11-03, 14:46
not for me :p

im not gonna confirm or deny anything - but ill say ill see ya there if you get in :p

Now aren't we mister swingin' the dollars hotshot ;) :p

Ack, well... I might just mail them again.. with one word only..

sex

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:49
lol... i dont think that will help... would be better to apply for GM position?... :angel:

ericdraven
17-11-03, 14:49
Heh.. i already see the half of the NC community in a beta-test of some other game... :D

Well, see you there.. :p

jernau
17-11-03, 14:53
Originally posted by ericdraven
Heh.. i already see the half of the NC community in a beta-test of some other game... :D

Well, see you there.. :p

Since NC went retail I've been in beta for four other MMORPGs. I play none of them now but I still play NC.

I know a lot of others here have done the same/are doing the same.

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 14:54
I don't like the NC Beta! Nerf the NC Beta!

Edit: Something tells me I'm a li'l late for that...

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:55
aye... but FOMK looks like it will be different from most (read: all) other MMORPG's

Original monk
17-11-03, 15:12
indeed it looks good and alot of cool neocron people there so lets find out how the game evolves :)

Surfer
17-11-03, 15:41
The last months ive been playing DaoC but i still got one of my accounts paid for so i play from time to time (mainly my Saturn PE Ture Sventon).

Anyway DAMN YOU for getting me thinking of the beta days again...

As someone already said:
-first storage run...
-first time the front gate opened and the wastelands laid before me...
-and hehe the first time i saw a WB (my first char was a pure melee tank) LOL

But the thing i really miss the most was the feeling i got when i walked around in the city and heard the announcements.

Oh those were the days...

/Surfer
@Saturn

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 15:43
aye... but FOMK looks like it will be different from most (read: all) other MMORPG's

Not to be a bitch or such but doesn't that apply to NC too?
And SW:G? And Shadowbane? And .....

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 15:46
it does sound like NC - hense why i tried (and loved) it.

SW:G is like a DAoC clone almost... but even more boring.
well... a cross between DAoC and AO really.

and shadowbane? thats an attempt at an FPS MMORPG in a fantasy setting... basically NC with no guns. i know peeps who tested it - all hated it

tbh can you think of any other game that has no stats? that has no (or near to no) NPC's? where all law enforcement is carried out by players in the police force?

i know i cant...

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 15:53
it does sound like NC - hense why i tried (and loved) it.

SW:G is like a DAoC clone almost... but even more boring.
well... a cross between DAoC and AO really.

and shadowbane? thats an attempt at an FPS MMORPG in a fantasy setting... basically NC with no guns. i know peeps who tested it - all hated it

tbh can you think of any other game that has no stats? that has no (or near to no) NPC's? where all law enforcement is carried out by players in the police force?

i know i cant...

SW:G = DAoC?! WTF
Tell me ONE game with a SW setting that aint SW:G and MMORPG
Also where the hell is SB FPS?!
SB = 3rd person isometric damnit
And I gotta say I liked SB. Alot
if you've played Dungeon Siege you know what SB is.
And can you think of a game that uses pillows as weapons?
A game where you train animals in the wild?
A game where you build your hometown with your own hands?
A game where the future is DEAD?
I can, but not two of them
None of them
FoMK is as uniqe as SB and SW:G and NC

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 15:56
ok... as i said i know someone who beta tested it - i didnt myself, guess i got the wrong idea on the graphics :p

sounds like a UO clone :p lmao

and SW:G... how long does it take to become a jedi? can you say tradeskill? i realise DAoC isnt the only game with tradeskills :p but its got the 'spend a year before you are usefull' feel to it.

in NC you can become a real tradeskiller in a few hours.

and FYI i have not only played Dungeon siege - i have got to level 90 or something (in a days play) before i got bored of it :p not sayin im the best or any shit - but its not a special game

jernau
17-11-03, 16:01
Gah, I wanted to know who else was getting the Tardis-effect again.....:mad:

If you all must reminisce then someone tell me where this (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3936335036.03.PT08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) is.

jernau
17-11-03, 16:04
Originally posted by Richard Slade
And can you think of a game that uses pillows as weapons?
A game where you train animals in the wild?
A game where you build your hometown with your own hands?
A game where the future is DEAD?
FoMK is as uniqe as SB and SW:G and NC

Pillows - wtf?? - If you slot a pillow won't all the feathers come out?

SW:G was supposed to have 2 & 3 but it doesn't yet AFAIK.

"Future is DEAD" - ??

ezza
17-11-03, 16:10
Originally posted by jernau

If you all must reminisce then someone tell me where this (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3936335036.03.PT08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) is.

looks like the bank/stock x place to me

jernau
17-11-03, 16:11
Originally posted by ezza
looks like the bank/stock x place to me

With people in it?:confused:

El_MUERkO
17-11-03, 16:11
I've experienced some warping of late, running thru plaza 2, now where near a sync line and I popped into someones app as they were answering their door to someone else, I ran around in the app for a while before bowing out :)

As for beta, I remember my fire mod'd companion rifle used to kill rats in one shot, then it was nerfed :(

phunqe
17-11-03, 16:17
Originally posted by jernau

I would say it's the bank as well.. as concluded in this thread:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68761

:)

jernau
17-11-03, 16:23
Originally posted by phunqe
I would say it's the bank as well.. as concluded in this thread:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68761

:)

Good spot.

I don't think I've been in there since beta.

I remember going in when I first started playing, thinking it was important. :lol: Never saw any point to going back. Same for the Job Centre.

Looks much better with the blue lights. Might go look again tonight and play with monitor settings to make it blue.

ezza
17-11-03, 16:24
sure why not with people init, ive seen pics with via rosso with people init, but thats pretty much empty most of the time:D