PDA

View Full Version : Mobs SHOULD get elemental resistances to fit them.

Heavyporker
17-11-03, 03:48
I've said it before, and I will change it again.

Mobs REALLY need to get proper resistances and weaknesses to fit them. For example:

Fire-spitting mobs should get fire resistance, topping at about 70% for a 120/120 firemob. They should be weak to force, and perhaps also poison. Energy and Xray will be normal to them.

Techmobs should get high piercing/force resistance because with the heavy shells on them, they've been armored against it. Perhaps the energy-shooting mobs should gain energy resistance as well. They should be weak to fire, and perhaps poison (poison can be toxic to organics and corrosive to metals, you know that.)

Poison-spitters of course, should be highly resistant to poison. Make them weak to fire. I don't know about piercing/force (look at all of them - almost invertebrate, but tough skins, so its a toss-up)

Mutants... well, look at them, they LIVE off the radiation, inured against it. It's obvious. Make mutants resistant to xray. Make them weak to energy.

This would make things more realistic and in-depth, plus make people think about their weapons. I still hate the thought that I use poison on poison-spitters and fire on fire-spitters with impunity.

Keiron
17-11-03, 04:03
OMFG YES!

Ryuben
17-11-03, 04:14
posted before and ill post my last answer

yes please

enablerbr
17-11-03, 04:18
yep mobs should be highly resistent to the weapons they use on us. i fire mob shouldn't be able to be killed with fire.

IceStorm
17-11-03, 04:23
No point. A mob is a mob is a mob. You're effectively advocating the rather annoying task of having people build multiple five-slot weapons for mob hunting. It's bad enough I get requests for a single five-slot weapon. I'm not banging out 300 weapons to get two or three.

Oath
17-11-03, 04:24
would be nice, certainly bring the rpg feel into it again.

Ryuben
17-11-03, 04:24
Originally posted by IceStorm
No point. A mob is a mob is a mob. You're effectively advocating the rather annoying task of having people build multiple five-slot weapons for mob hunting. It's bad enough I get requests for a single five-slot weapon. I'm not banging out 300 weapons to get two or three.

why would make people specalise......rather then jsut hunt owlt....only problem is monks need a force / piercing spell

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 04:29
I LOVE the idea.

Originally posted by IceStorm
It's bad enough I get requests for a single five-slot weapon. I'm not banging out 300 weapons to get two or three.

THIS is why you're against the idea? Holy crap........O_o

Heavyporker
17-11-03, 04:36
Psi Monks *do* get a force spell, its just stuck at level 2 at what, TL 60 or something.

We need a Tl 100 or whatever spell (well, like the APU anti-buffs), store-bought. That would bring some serious variety into APU repertiorie. Now before you say that something this high-TL would be pwning left and right, remember a lot of people have high force resist/armor and that their mechanical weapons would be better at dealing out the force/pierce than this spell. It's more variety.

And WHY, WHY, are five-slotters now mandatory for hunting?! Geezus.

IceStorm
17-11-03, 04:38
I'm against the idea because you're forcing specialzation in weaponmods. It's bad enough we have to specialize our armor, resists, and weapon type. Adding even more specialization is micro-management. On top of that, it's going to make getting weapons even harder. Now people won't be happy with one CS/RoG/PE, they'll need to have three or four, not to mention buildable weapons.

Think of a way to change mobs that doesn't involve nerfing existing weapons.

Heavyporker
17-11-03, 04:39
Um. Icestorm... aren't players already doing that just for PvP?

SovKhan
17-11-03, 05:33
I voted yes.

however i would like to see bugs ect fixed before implamenting more bugs. everyone says upcomming patches will fix bugs. i say lets wait and see.

SovKhan
17-11-03, 05:35
Originally posted by Ryuben
why would make people specalise......rather then jsut hunt owlt....only problem is monks need a force / piercing spell

NO WAY IN HELL!

sorry that is the single worst idea in the history of ideas.

if this were implamented monks (apu's) could hunt best what there skills as a PSI warrior would let them. things that are weak to fire energy or poisen. not give them a new spell that is not fitting of the class.

Marx
17-11-03, 05:42
This idea makes alot of sense to me - I personally like it.

It forces every player to be a tad different and not so cookie cutter like it is now.

;)

amfest
17-11-03, 07:44
if this were implamented monks (apu's) could hunt best what there skills as a PSI warrior would let them. things that are weak to fire energy or poisen. not give them a new spell that is not fitting of the class.

Monks as said earlier in the post do have a force spell .. . .no piercing from what i know . . it's called psi attack . .. there just isn't a lvl 3 version of it

and IceStorm . . most people just hunt a specific type of mob mostly . . for a time .. so they can spec their current gun for that type .. . and I don't know about you .. but I usually have spares anyway .. I'm sure there are tons of people also ... so would it really make that much of a difference . . . I also don't think it would exactly really nerf weapons . . you would just have to know what to bring to where you're hunting ...

ericdraven
17-11-03, 10:48
Nice idea, i am for it, theoretically..

However, i doubt it will be implemented. And i don't think it would be a good idea anyway. At the moment it's a very simple calculation, the "defense" of a mob is dependent only of two values, the rank and an overall modifier (IIRC).

If this idea will be implented, every damage on a mob will have to be calculated like the damage on a player.. then mobs will get the yo-yo effect as well (:D) and it will make the performance for sure not better.. o_O

Heavyporker
17-11-03, 17:40
Um. Mobs already get special characteristics assigned to them -

Etc, certain mobs shoot bullets, certain mobs shoot fireballs, certain mobs shoot poison darts, certain mobs can fly, certain mobs can walk, certain mobs can spawn other mobs, etc etc.

The infrastructure is already there.... you only have to add the resists in as a new section in each "class" of mob.