PDA

View Full Version : Mechanized PA

Duder
16-11-03, 20:06
Yes, Mechanized PA, for tanks.

Simple, a PA that have lots of metal and hydraulics.

They would be a combination of NExt and Tangent combined efforts.

The PA would use your vest slot, and would be very heavy.

Its req would be Strength, Heavy Combat, Dex, and TC, VEH and Tank class only...

You cant use any of your weapons, as the mech pa has its own.

The weapons would be;

A Tl 120 Flamethrower (Youll need to use slotenhancers to activate slots on your pa, so you can mod these weapons with ammo mods, no reticle lock so you can spray it everywhere, making it harder for your enemies to see through the flames)

A Tl 120 Gatling Cannon (No Reticle lock, so you can use it as supression fire)

A Tl 120 Plasma Wave Cannon (Long Range, a reticle lock is required)

A Tl 120 Rocket Launcher (Reticle Lock, it homes in on its targets)

A Tl 120 Ray Cannon (No reticle lock, used to bombard a large area)

To activate weapon ammo mods on this pa, you have to use slotenhancers, depending on what you use and how lucky you are, youll get 5 slots for your ammo mods for your 5 different weapons. If your slotenhancer gives you only 2 slots, well tough shit, you can only try once.

All these would take different ammo, so youd have to carry alot of ammo if youre wanting to use all 5 of them.

The speed the PA moves on is a constant 80/80 Agility, Ath, and when firing, you slow down.

Youre completly shielded from the outside world, and your pa armor would be as good or better then a jeep. If you get hit, your hlt will not be effected, but your pa will take damage. That also means you cant get buffs, heals, rezz, anything, and when your pa blows up, youll get SI.

If your pa gets destroyed, it gets wrecked, but can be fixed up full again, but will need a 120 (real skill) repairer to fix it up again, and would require 10 successful tries, each try would need 200 repair lube.

Now what do we have? A tanks answer to the APU/PPU dominating team.

It also can only be used in Ops and wastelands, if a tank is seen using it in the city, copbots will shoot at them.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 20:13
Sooooo... You want Mechs that don't have a VEH req?

//edit I like, but turning speed should be as if hit by a low lvl freeze gun, ie slight, but still managable. People could then still defeat a tank then.

Duder
16-11-03, 20:15
Eh didnt i say that?

Yes i did, but misspelled it.

Yes the Turning speed should be slower, and the Hitbox, big, like a Warbot.....

I also think only Pro City people should be able to use it....And CM.

VVerevvolf
16-11-03, 20:16
I had a similar idea once.
Though I think it would be overpowered (mostly due to its very high speed, I think 30/30 would be better, because it weigths alot)
And there should be something that can disable that PA for a while, otherwise 20 tanks will show up to an op war and bomb everything away.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 20:17
Bleh, just give us EVAs. :P

Spencer Leone
16-11-03, 20:18
I heard about mechs....

But i heard that Spies would be the drivers....

Duder
16-11-03, 20:20
Hmm i know Anti-vehicle Rockets do loads against Vehicles....and they should do to Mechs...

Id say turn the Trike to a 2 man anti-vehicle rocket launcher, man person to drive, another to shoot the rockets.

Id like to see more vehicles being used.

The Vehicle weapons should have a no reticle lock, and their weapons more better.

Rhinos should be able to have a AoE (Fusion or Ray) and 2 Gatling cannons, think World War I Tanks.

Also make all Weapon reqs WeaponLore Based.

I think vehicle weapons should be more stronger then any other infanty weapons, right now its the opposite.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 20:22
Getting all those weapons packed into a humanish sized suit is kinda... unrealistic.

What a mech would be is a HIGH lvl vehicle with phat gunz.
Slottable armour, or big arse PA would be cool.

BlackPrince
16-11-03, 20:24
I'm thinking Level 3 Dark Trooper from the original "Dark Forces"

Duder
16-11-03, 20:24
maybe drop the plasma wave and ray gun.

Have 2 arms have the gats, one with flame, the other with a rocket on the shoulder.

Also while shooting youd move very slow...making you can easy kill for trikes.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 20:25
how would you sepatate the weapons?

Perhaps you would need 3 or 4 QB slots open for it to work and the guns selected from them.

Duder
16-11-03, 20:28
Yup, when the pa is stuck in, the slot 2 and downwards will be for the weapons.

Also im thinking about spies, if they made all vehicle (non tank mech pa) weapons be weaponlore based, and vehicle reqs lowered a bit, youd see spies that can drive and repair, maybe poke or hack. Perfect drivers heheh..Spies would have a function, finally...

Also, NC needs more ASGs, as in, asgs in every village, Op.

Marzola
16-11-03, 20:33
I like this idea. They should make it so that only capped tanks can use it though, so not every tank can come to an OP fight in one of these. Also maybe make it so the only way to get to an OP in one of these is by traveling in an APC.

McEvoy
16-11-03, 20:35
I remember somewhere kk saying they may eventually make mechs, it was in one of there early Q&A's for another web site. And it looks like were finally nearing the air age, with the gliders and bombers and such, soon to be released. So i dont doubt that after the creation of air units KK might turn there eye twords Mobile Armor :) :p :D

RayBob
16-11-03, 20:36
I like it Duder. Never going to happen but cool idea. It's actually very similar to the heavy armor units in Planetside. PS also had a nice feature where the heavy units could anchor themselves to the ground (they can't move) and their rate of fire increased dramatically. A different faction had built in shields for their PA.

Duder
16-11-03, 20:37
Hmm i think its better to make them slow, so that using an Apc or the HoverGlider Carrier would be better then to gr from an op and take 20 min to go one zone.

Also the meaning with this mech is they should be Infanty Killers, and using a tank or trike, or a jeep is better then going head to head with a Mech.

Ohnos! not the Planetside accusation now.

Ah better scrap this idea then. :(

Shadow Dancer
16-11-03, 20:38
It'll happen when hacknet is finished.

Duder
16-11-03, 20:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It'll happen when hacknet is finished.

...yes.

And when KK implements all my ideas.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 20:47
If any of you have played WH40K, you'll have seen the Tau Battlesuits. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/tau/tauGallery/1.htm)

I'd like something like those. (For PEs)
Your QB would remain the same and usable. Your resists are the same. The armour adds..say.. 40 fire/energy/xray armour and 30 htl (Armour absorbing some dmg) immunity/v. high resist from poison?
Get about 15 PC/RC

As a result, your target box is much bigger. Ie. half the size of a mech.

Tank mech PA - Phat guns, still a small target, good armour
PE Battlemechsuit - Tough, and hard, but still a runner with limited hp and bigish target.
Spy Mech - Huge, quite fast, most powerful weapons in game.

trbomb14
16-11-03, 21:14
I like the idea of Mech Suits but it would be more realistic if you had to spawn them and use them like a vehicle. Think about it. you take your suit off and magically put it in your back pocket without even causing the slightest lump?!?!?
You can get away with weapons in your pocket because they aren't bigger than the character. Another thing is, wouldn't you have to be quite intelligent to use a mech suit? Tanks are genetically modified to not be smart.

Duder
16-11-03, 21:22
You dont need to be smart to press a few buttons an aim with your hands, if gentanks were so dumb theyd have difficulty with even operating a plasma weapon.

Ok, how about this, the suit is in 5 pieces, and you need to put every 5 of them to work.

5 gogu spaces, plus they are heavy, plus you need to carry ammo for the different ammo.

Maybe a small downtime to when youre putting the suit on.

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 21:23
Yeah, they would all have to be spawned at an asg, but your can take them to places where vehicles can't go. (apart from mechs.) As long as the things will fit through the holes in the terrain.

Jump hieght would have to be fubared too.

Hmm 5 parts idea aint bad...

The PE and Spy mech would still be asg spawned though.

trbomb14
16-11-03, 21:39
Originally posted by Duder
You dont need to be smart to press a few buttons an aim with your hands, if gentanks were so dumb theyd have difficulty with even operating a plasma weapon.

Ok, how about this, the suit is in 5 pieces, and you need to put every 5 of them to work.

5 gogu spaces, plus they are heavy, plus you need to carry ammo for the different ammo.

Maybe a small downtime to when youre putting the suit on.

Now the not so smart tank has to put the 5 pieces together.
Can you imagine standing in plaza 1 with 5-6 tanks in their Mech Suits wanting a poke or something. I have enough trouble with the Medicare doors as it is without having to squeeze between them as well :lol:

Duder
16-11-03, 21:46
But im thinking the PA will be banned inside the City, so copbots will shoot at them...

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 21:49
DoY armour?

The mechs could be from FA and the battlemechsuits from CM?

McEvoy
16-11-03, 21:56
i think they should have keys, and you equip them at the warp garage

amfest
16-11-03, 23:08
You dont need to be smart to press a few buttons an aim with your hands,

You don't need to be strong either which is why I wonder why there is a str req on the "laser" cannon on the rhino :rolleyes:

MayhemMike
16-11-03, 23:16
duder, has a good idea. This would be cool. What about melee :/

McEvoy
16-11-03, 23:19
Originally posted by MayhemMike
duder, has a good idea. This would be cool. What about melee :/

Giant lazer blaid on one arm :D or a chain saw

MayhemMike
16-11-03, 23:20
chain saw > monks :p

Lathuc
17-11-03, 00:50
i want a mecc suit i would even reroll to the class that would get em just to use one :D what can i say i like mecc's :rolleyes: i really like the drop from that flying vehicle thing like in evangellion hehe

Duder
17-11-03, 01:03
Originally posted by amfest
You don't need to be strong either which is why I wonder why there is a str req on the "laser" cannon on the rhino :rolleyes:

Yeah its not like shooting all day is going to make your arms tired, especially in a sweaty suit with minimal electronics so you wont stand there if they pulled the plug! Nope sir!!

And yes, maybe having Weaponlore as gunnery req and changing the rhino gun to a rhino and 2 gat cannons at the sides would be great.

Also think the mech suit as a slow tank pa with vehicle armor. The only way for you is to either use try to shoot him with a anti-rocket launcher, or group up and kill him with heavy losses, or use vehicles.

Again, id like to see Trikes changed to one driver, another guns a anti-rocket launcher. And the heavy has 2 of em, a bit slower, stronger plating, blah blah etc etc. maybe to version, one rocket, one gats, same with jeeps, 2 models, one with anti-vehicle, one with 2 of em and heavy plating, slower, and another version of jeeps, that have anti-glider rocket launchers stuck in instead.

These suits should be the kick ass, except facing a huge number of infantry, or rhinos, trikes, jeeps.

And again, the vehicle weapons should be beefed up, they should be stronger then any infantry weapon. (maybe not apu spells).

Kasumi
17-11-03, 01:14
Originally posted by Duder
Yes, Mechanized PA, for tanks.

Simple, a PA that have lots of metal and hydraulics.

They would be a combination of NExt and Tangent combined efforts.

The PA would use your vest slot, and would be very heavy.

Its req would be Strength, Heavy Combat, Dex, and TC, VEH and Tank class only...

You cant use any of your weapons, as the mech pa has its own.

The weapons would be;

A Tl 120 Flamethrower (Youll need to use slotenhancers to activate slots on your pa, so you can mod these weapons with ammo mods, no reticle lock so you can spray it everywhere, making it harder for your enemies to see through the flames)

A Tl 120 Gatling Cannon (No Reticle lock, so you can use it as supression fire)

A Tl 120 Plasma Wave Cannon (Long Range, a reticle lock is required)

A Tl 120 Rocket Launcher (Reticle Lock, it homes in on its targets)

A Tl 120 Ray Cannon (No reticle lock, used to bombard a large area)

To activate weapon ammo mods on this pa, you have to use slotenhancers, depending on what you use and how lucky you are, youll get 5 slots for your ammo mods for your 5 different weapons. If your slotenhancer gives you only 2 slots, well tough shit, you can only try once.

All these would take different ammo, so youd have to carry alot of ammo if youre wanting to use all 5 of them.

The speed the PA moves on is a constant 80/80 Agility, Ath, and when firing, you slow down.

Youre completly shielded from the outside world, and your pa armor would be as good or better then a jeep. If you get hit, your hlt will not be effected, but your pa will take damage. That also means you cant get buffs, heals, rezz, anything, and when your pa blows up, youll get SI.

If your pa gets destroyed, it gets wrecked, but can be fixed up full again, but will need a 120 (real skill) repairer to fix it up again, and would require 10 successful tries, each try would need 200 repair lube.

Now what do we have? A tanks answer to the APU/PPU dominating team.

It also can only be used in Ops and wastelands, if a tank is seen using it in the city, copbots will shoot at them.

I think someone been playing planetside. Sounds just like MAX armor almost. Maybe You should think of a more original idea perhaps?

Duder
17-11-03, 01:18
what max?

No i havnt played PS, and no if i wanted to id go play it. The "OMG THIS SOUNDS LIKE PlanetSide??? HEATHEN, HEATHEN!!!" is stupid. Is this how you destroy nice sounding ideas? By saying its not "original" ? This Game is not original, as alot of inspiration comes from Judge Dredd. So what were you intendning with that remark?

I just want people to start to use vehicles in pvp. Whats better then to make a nice suit for tanks that can kill everyone not in a vehicle? And vehicle weapons made more nasty?

Omnituens
17-11-03, 01:21
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/APU1.jpg

I GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!

APU > APU

Duder
17-11-03, 01:22
Originally posted by Omnituens
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/APU1.jpg

I GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!

APU > APU

*cough* now theres where i got my "inspiration" from....

Ever watch the Animatrix?

Marx
17-11-03, 01:23
OMG - WHERE TEH MECHS AT?!?!?!?!?!

El Barto
17-11-03, 11:06
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Getting all those weapons packed into a humanish sized suit is kinda... unrealistic.

And u think being able to keeping a rocket laucnher, fussion cannon, plasma cannon and a ray gun cannon in your belt is realistic?

Back to the subject, I think it is a good idea, holding all them weapons in the suit isn't so bad, unrealistic yes but a Gen-Tank can put them all into his belt which is even more unrealistic. I like it over all, I guess the lack of speed balances it out.