PDA

View Full Version : New Gamer Mouse....any recommendations?

L0KI
16-11-03, 19:08
Hello all,

At the moment, im using a standard microsoft 2 button/wheel optical mouse.

One of my "enemies" (Keiron from SSC - who's a cool guy to be fair :)) recommended:

Microsoft Intelenet Gamer (5 buttons - Optical)

Ive looked into it, seems hard to get hold of where i live,
Im wondering what mouses people use in game, and does anyone have another recommendation ?

Thanks in advance

Rabbi Fang
The Rabid Rabbi :p

Celt
16-11-03, 19:10
I'm using a logitech MX500.

Before that used a €5 lidl optical mouse.

Any optical mouse with3 or more buttons should do the trick.

Style
16-11-03, 19:14
Basically m8, I would recommand getting the smallest laser mouse(optical) as you can that fits nicely into your palm. Makes your aiming sweet as iight den.

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Celt

Ive got the same mouse i think, its either a mx500 or mx550 or somethin anyway, its 4 buttons, 1 on the side for yer thumb and it sits nicely in yer hand cause of the shape of it :)

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 19:24
Originally posted by Celt

Ive got the same mouse i think, its either a mx500 or mx550 or somethin anyway, its 4 buttons, 1 on the side for yer thumb and it sits nicely in yer hand cause of the shape of it :)

OK NID! first post ive made for atleast 2 HOURS and im getting this 60 second bullshit again O_o its either somethin up with my settings or the forum is doing it to piss me off ......

Rieper
16-11-03, 19:25
Razor boomslang :p

greploco
16-11-03, 19:26
Razor boomslang

nonamebrandeggs
16-11-03, 19:26
Whatever you get... don't get wireless. Wireless is like a cup of acid being poured into your ear.

Drake6k
16-11-03, 19:27
http://www.razerzone.com/

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 19:28
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Whatever you get... don't get wireless. Wireless is like a cup of acid being poured into your ear.

mines wireless, damn handy, means i dont get a cable caught on the ammount of shit down the back of my desk O_o only problem is that my mouse eats energizers like a 5 year old eats penny sweets O_o

Omnituens
16-11-03, 19:30
prefer the classic ball rather than optic

it behaves itself.

BiTeMe
16-11-03, 19:33
Logitech MX500 or MX700
Best mouse of all time = Logitec iFeel Mouseman and this is what I used though my years playing T2
Currently own a Microshit Intellimouse explorer V3 and it feels cheap (had to get a mouse quick and this was the best of a bad bunch)

Legoias
16-11-03, 19:33
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
mines wireless, damn handy, means i dont get a cable caught on the ammount of shit down the back of my desk O_o only problem is that my mouse eats energizers like a 5 year old eats penny sweets O_o

Is that a Microsoft or Logitec mouse?

Keiron
16-11-03, 19:41
This (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005TQ08/qid=/sr=1-3/ref=pd_sbs_e_1/104-0683698-2511107?v=glance&s=electronics) is kinda close to my mouse, but not exactly it. It seems my fav kinda mouse is discontinued ;/.
It looks like this
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptkeiron/Mouse.JPG

Rachius
16-11-03, 19:45
I used to use a Logitech Trackman Marble+ until I started playing Proball for Q3. (Batteries dying also helped - used rechargeables so it didnt really matter)

Currently use a simple logitech corded 3 button w/scroll mouse.

•Super|\|ova•
16-11-03, 19:47
MX500!!!

Yes, I'm using one too :)

Cruzbroker
16-11-03, 19:50
Go get yourself Logitech MX500, 8 buttons + wheel ^^
www.logitech.com
Wireless suck, I heard, they eat batteries and have little lag.

BiTeMe
16-11-03, 19:55
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Go get yourself Logitech MX500, 8 buttons + wheel ^^
www.logitech.com
Wireless suck, I heard, they eat batteries and have little lag.

Thats why the MX700 is so good. IIRC it has virtualy no lag and has its own charging station.

I have never been into the whole cordless thing. There are fekkin loads of wires comming out the back of my computer and 1 more won't make a diffferance :D

L0KI
16-11-03, 20:09
The mouse i use atm sticks all the time, id be so, so much better with a mouse i could actually move properly with :)

They all look good, so i suppose ill just pick one from the list above.

Anyways, im off to get it 2moro, so ill post what i got

trbomb14
16-11-03, 20:26
The combination I use, Naturally I think its the best is a 5 button optical mouse (Actually thinking about I don't think I use 2 of the buttons) and a Sidewinder Game Voice.

The thing with buttons is that you only have 5 fingers but if you use a Gave Voice you can set up commands. As a melee tank I find this very useful as I just have to say "Slot 2" or "Slot 3" etc to use the stamina boosters in my quickbelt, if I didn't have the GV then I would have to stop running to free up a finger to use the QB items.

It works a treat!

:lol: Sol :lol:

DaedalusSSJ
16-11-03, 20:37
I use a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer V.3, and it does me just fine, its quick and responsive and has all the buttons in the right places :D
Still, if i were to buy a new mouse, it would definatly be the MX500. Ive seen it in action and it kicks ass. Looks nice too :)

Parappa
16-11-03, 20:44
I used a Logitech ifeel mouseman with force feedback :p
best god damn mouse I have ever used.. shame the left mouse button broke :(

Ormy
16-11-03, 21:31
I use the mouse pictured by Keiron. People tell me they like small ones that fit into their hands, but i got big hands and like something bulky like this to aim with.

People also told me that ur choice of mouse mat is important. After experimenting i found they are very right, and now use a piece of polished glass mounted on blue-tac. Super smooth :D

Keiron
16-11-03, 22:11
Mouse Mat (http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?pid=71), thats the kind I use (you can even see the address is the pic above). I find it helps some, but its not a huge difference.

KramerTheWeird
16-11-03, 22:18
I've been using a trackball since Quake 1. I've tried plenty of other mouses and nothing is good as this:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/130.gif
Logitech Trackman Wheel

Wireless I wouldn't go anything but mx500/mx700. The refresh rate on wireless isn't as good as most wired mice, the mx500/mx700 has a better rate however, only difference between the two I think is a rechargeable base.

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 22:44
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I've been using a trackball since Quake 1. I've tried plenty of other mouses and nothing is good as this:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/130.gif
Logitech Trackman Wheel

Wireless I wouldn't go anything but mx500/mx700. The refresh rate on wireless isn't as good as most wired mice, the mx500/mx700 has a better rate however, only difference between the two I think is a rechargeable base.

how the hall can u game with that only time ive ever found those usefull is for CAD O_o

Shujin
16-11-03, 22:49
i dont use anything with wires...
wireless logitech optical mouseh
wireless logitech keyboard ;o

it dont eat batteries, maybe 2 a month, maybe 2 every month and a half, but thats not much and my keyboard has never needed batteries since i got it about 6 months ago.

and if i need any batteries i can get em for free, my dad works stores them in huge bulks

Vid Gamer
17-11-03, 03:39
Logitech® MX™700 Cordless Optical Mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=3&CONTENTID=4999&countryid=19&languageid=1).

One of the best gaming mouses out there and is on many Top 10 lists for gaming mouses.

I also have a nice optical mouse pad with a gel wrist for long OP battles. ;)

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-03, 03:51
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
MX500!!!

Yes, I'm using one too :)

using that one to O.o

the MX700 is the same only without the little wire =)

Keyol45743241
17-11-03, 04:03
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I've been using a trackball since Quake 1That could be the reason I have a Dogtag of yours in my inventory... and I don't even know how it got there :p:D

No for real... Razer Boomslang (http://www.razerzone.com), now under the Terratec roof is teh pwn!one!!1eleven!!11!

KramerTheWeird
17-11-03, 04:40
heh well I don't think that's the reason you got my dog tag, just ask around, people know how capable I am. Don't ask me why I just like using them over normal mouse systems. I find them more precise and reactive to my playing.

Artie
17-11-03, 04:42
I dunno what model it is...i think logitech discontinued it...but noone i know uses it.

It's a dual sensor optical mouse (w/cord, thank you very much wireless shite using people :p) and it runs like a dream. Even when it gets clogged, it never runs out on me, and i replaced the treads on the bottom with teflon strips for smoother rolling. ^_^ It's a beaut. :D

ServeX
17-11-03, 05:09
I collect mice, give me asking prices please and ill buy your mices.

paying anywhere from 15-100 dollars depending on sexyness

...btw fenix, your mouse sounds especially sexy.

Ps...did i mention it sounds sexy? :D

Varaem
17-11-03, 10:32
Keiron, you have an Alienware, don't you?

Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0
Func Industries Mouse pad

standard alienware stuff. :) That's what I use, btw.

I heard somewhere that USB stuff slows down your computer, something to do with USB running off of cpu time or something.. I really dont know much about computers. If I don't have any PS/2 ports (i'm using a laptop), so is there anything I can do about it?

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 12:33
Dunno what I have but it says Compaq on it, it's a ballmouse with three buttons and wheel.. Hehe OWNAGE!
(To be included on that is the Z: Steel Warriors and EQ Soft Mousepad to get the real "hobo-feel")

ElfinLord
17-11-03, 15:02
Logitech MX500 here, too.:D

Here is a pic:

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/test/uploads/851.gif

I also use the Logitech Elite Keyboard.

I've thought about getting the Cordless MX Duo, but only so my kittens can't keep pulling my mouse and keyboard off my desk.:p

[SP]Ostrich
17-11-03, 15:06
Originally posted by Artie
I dunno what model it is...i think logitech discontinued it...but noone i know uses it.

It's a dual sensor optical mouse (w/cord, thank you very much wireless shite using people :p) and it runs like a dream. Even when it gets clogged, it never runs out on me, and i replaced the treads on the bottom with teflon strips for smoother rolling. ^_^ It's a beaut. :D

OMG OMG!

someone uses the same mouse as me, i thought i was hallucinating!!!!!

that brings the grand total of people who use it to 3 (rl friend uses one).

I love that mouse. I took those little treads off, but it still runs like a dream.

Vid Gamer
17-11-03, 17:01
It's known that wirless mouses have some "lag" and not a good enough refresh rate, but not this. I think it's been stated that if you get a wireless mouse, it better either be a Logitech MX500 or MX700 or else you will experience some lag in gaming.

Pic of mine:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/855.gif

Keiron
17-11-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Varaem
Keiron, you have an Alienware, don't you?

Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0
Func Industries Mouse pad

standard alienware stuff. :) That's what I use, btw.

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptkeiron/Picture%20012.jpg
Yes thats a window fan you see, its what I call my "air-cooling system".

iainy13
17-11-03, 23:57
i use this (http://www.computerhq.com/hardware/partinfo-id-57235.html)

been using it for a long time and NEVER had a problem with it. So i recomend it. It also costs like 20$. Besides i dont get why people want so many buttons on your mouse. I mean my left hand can punch more then enough buttons. BTW Keiron i got the exact same speakers as u do.

Whitestuff
18-11-03, 00:02
Microsoft Intellimouse Mouse 2.0? Its optical with 5 buttons (but the extra buttons act like mouse 3 in all my games) It came with my alienware system, so I have not bothered to change it up, and it has been good for me.