PDA

View Full Version : The "You win" point of Neocron

tw@
16-11-03, 17:48
Dear Forum,

For about a year now i have been playing Neocron, and through the bugs and bad days, i have enjoyed it. Though, in the last month i have been wondering to myself... Where is this game going? Such questions like "Whats the point of this game?" and "When have you 'Completed' the game?".

I thought maybe, capping all character classes would fulfil it, or maybe collecting all items in the game... though this doesnt seem to be true. I like playing games which i can complete and i feel have a purpose to them. Would you say this game has a purpose? Or are we just leveling and killing for the sake of wasting time?

In a sub note, i think that ive gone as far as i can go with this game, and i think i will sell my account. If i do find a buyer, i will make a proper leaving thread another time.

Shujin
16-11-03, 17:51
im sure u got lots of money on all ur accounts:rolleyes: if ur the guy on saturn im thinking about i know why too:rolleyes:

btw this is gonna b gone soon.
1 advertising the sale of your account
2 leaving thread

tw@
16-11-03, 17:55
How is this a leaving thread... if it is taken down then they have got super strict on this board. They probably search for the word "Leaving" or "Bye" and ban anything that includes them.

REMUS
16-11-03, 18:02
the storyline is going no where fast................ it littlerally hasnt gone further than y replicants, becuase all its done is explain them as doy soldiers and introduced a new set of soldiers the kamis, and this has taken them a year :(

they dont need doy then can include players in sub plots and decent events.

if pluto didnt have such an active community organiseing events for ourselves I would of left for good on my last leaveing thread.

greendonkeyuk
16-11-03, 18:06
its an mmorpg. if you want to complete a game play offline.

Zanathos
16-11-03, 18:07
Well, there does come a point or another where people just get bored with the game.

Syntax-Error
16-11-03, 18:30
Really?

did u ever play UO in the early years?

i played for alot of its life. and never got bord. i got slight bord patches. but never enough to leave, same with neocron

u cant complete the game. and there are events and subplots. i have designed and had several run. and have more on the way aswell as assisted in the creation and running of several others.

Cruzbroker
16-11-03, 18:43
Think about all those BF1942, CS, DoD, Quakes, UTs.. They got NOTHING to complete.

t0tt3
16-11-03, 18:45
Yea like all says... its a mmorpg.

You can draw a equal line into mod games or even IRC "yes there are many wierd people that think they are somone else and a pure geek irl" The you can put the question to IRC can you win in Dalnet,Quakenet ? Well no and if you argue with someone still if you win you still gonna be the sucker so who cares =)

Only games that can accomplished are in games like super mario or some other linear games. Go from A to B and kill the big bad onzor that holding your dear sweety.

So if you wanna win I can just say go play singelplayer games ;)
MMORPG are communities where you can interact with others and have a blast from killing muties to small dwarfs

Thundra
16-11-03, 18:47
its an MMORPG and like FPS's and other online games it is compleat when u become bored shitless of it.

Style
16-11-03, 19:16
In an MMO Jamie I would say you win, when you can carry on playing even when you are bored without neocamp breaking it iigh.

McEvoy
16-11-03, 21:12
its a virtual world,
just like life, set goals for yourself!!
Goal: win the next Racetrack contest!! be a bad ass waistland biker. Make a trade for yourself, start really role playing your charicter give him a life, start selling drugs to people. its a virtual life, people go through real life just waisting time, so make a point not to waist it . 'waisting time' is doing somthing without a porpose, if you have no point or goal, what are you doing?
neocron also can be consived as any other online shooter just with a broader concept.
im not trying to rag, im just stateing my idea about MMORPG's

thats how i see it now, but i almost got bord of the game too once, so if your not comfortable with the game anymore try somthing else :)

KRIMINAL99
16-11-03, 21:44
Before when you capped all your characters, AND all throughout the time when you were leveling you still were always on edge and trying to gain more wealth becuase you could lose your weapons at any time in a PVP drop if you were unlucky. In that time the end level game was just as fun as the beginning game.

But then they changed it so that you don't lose your weapons anymore that way unless your really really unlucky, and pretty much once you reach the top you will stay there forever and have no more goals left. If they would bring that back and/or tie in clan wars, pvp and other player interaction to your perceived status in the game (wealth, weapons etc) then you would be too busy having fun playing the game to even realize somehting like this.