PDA

View Full Version : Hehe... warbot? :D

•Super|\|ova•
16-11-03, 16:52
Last night there was Judge Dredd on TV and I got a smile drawn on my ugly face when I saw the similiarities between Warbot and the robot in that movie :) check it out.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/r&v/abcrob2.jpg
http://members.madasafish.com/~hackenchop/abc_1.jpg http://members.madasafish.com/~hackenchop/abc_2.jpg

///EDIT: WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS??? :(

//////EDIT: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE FORUMS???

////////////EDIT: Shit... it still decides to make a picture into a link god damn it. fuck this... I think you still get the idea.

Lanigav
16-11-03, 16:54
I wouldn't be surprised if they "creatively" borrowed from the design. Nothing really wrong with that though, as its not a flat out rip off.

REMUS
16-11-03, 17:31
u moose thats grim lock from 2000ad comics fromt he series ABC warriors

DIDNT U EVER READ 2000 AD COMICS U HEATHEN!!!!

EDIT: on a side note why did they make silvester salone as judge dredd? Arie even looks like dredd?

Legoias
16-11-03, 18:00
Originally posted by REMUS

EDIT: on a side note why did they make silvester salone as judge dredd? Arie even looks like dredd?

Dredd is suppose to me menacing and smart...and..well Salone isn't either.

The wasteland family (me for gets the name), the dude with the mechanical bits and dial on his head = an aggressor.

I'm sure MJS is a fan of Dredd and 2000AD.

Pi-Oh-Pah
16-11-03, 18:20
Originally posted by Legoias

The wasteland family (me for gets the name), the dude with the mechanical bits and dial on his head = an aggressor.

Mean Machine Angel

Pi-Oh-Pah
16-11-03, 18:31

There isnt an ABC Warrior called Grimlock - Warbots look more like Hammerstein who was given a new look for the Dredd film (Though in the film he has a lot of his armour missing and his helmet is gone.

Pi-Oh-Pah
16-11-03, 19:16

Grimlock was one of the Dinobots from Transformers (I watched the movie last week) :P

•Super|\|ova•
16-11-03, 19:44

Moose? Well Mr.Baboon... that one's from Judge dredd believe it or not. That is a Judge Dredd movie figure. Believe it or not. HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN THE JUDGE DREDD MOVIE YOU... YOU... EVIL EVIL MAN!?!?

Oh and the Aggressor dude was awesome too :lol:

Pi-Oh-Pah
16-11-03, 20:46
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Moose? Well Mr.Baboon... that one's from Judge dredd believe it or not. That is a Judge Dredd movie figure. Believe it or not. HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN THE JUDGE DREDD MOVIE YOU... YOU... EVIL EVIL MAN!?!?

Oh and the Aggressor dude was awesome too :lol:

Judge Dredd was originally in 2000AD first released in 1977 and still is now. It was years later they got Donkey brain to muller any chance of a decent film. Arnie should have done it when he was raw (his Terminator face (1st film) would have rocked))

McEvoy
16-11-03, 20:48
warbots and the robot from JD are tottally different, cant you see?! the war bots have a gun on there back and are grey, big differance! the JD robot is erm.. red , with no gun... ok uh yeah.:)

Nexxy
16-11-03, 20:54
Aint they story line for the 2 similar kinda the same too? I aint seen JD in ages but they was used in a war right and then deactivated, destroyed whatever? Werent warbots used by DoY in the war?

I dont think their stolen though, inspiration maybe.

trbomb14
16-11-03, 21:26
Originally posted by McEvoy
warbots and the robot from JD are tottally different, cant you see?! the war bots have a gun on there back and are grey, big differance! the JD robot is erm.. red , with no gun... ok uh yeah.:)

As quoted from the NC homepage "By the end of the third millenium, Earth has changed" so have the ABC warriors, They changed them by painting them and putting a rocket launcher on them, Oh and called them warbots. You would think that in 1000 years they would have made them a little better. Oh well back the the drawing board.

REMUS
17-11-03, 03:07
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
There isnt an ABC Warrior called Grimlock - Warbots look more like Hammerstein who was given a new look for the Dredd film (Though in the film he has a lot of his armour missing and his helmet is gone.

*goes to look thru a pile of old 2000 ad comics*

although i suspect you are right, im getting really confused here hammerstein is the one with the guns on his wrists and sort of like a metal cylindrical pipeing going round his head connecting at his jaw and hes bright red?

+ i know grim lock is those things jesus he makes me laugh, which episode were u watching, last one i watched with that tit in was call of the primitives.

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 08:22
*goes to look thru a pile of old 2000 ad comics*

although i suspect you are right, im getting really confused here hammerstein is the one with the guns on his wrists and sort of like a metal cylindrical pipeing going round his head connecting at his jaw and hes bright red?

+ i know grim lock is those things jesus he makes me laugh, which episode were u watching, last one i watched with that tit in was call of the primitives.

Be confused no more young one :P (http://www.dreamnation.fsnet.co.uk/warriors.html)

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 12:24
omg u people are gonna gimme a headache
Damnit stop watching cartoons soon enuff!

edit: Btw did they ever really get the right's to use Mongrol's line about Lara?