PDA

View Full Version : neocron.com webmaster dood, can i nab yer site template ?

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 06:12
Hey,

Well Who 'makes' the neocron.com website ? I know DaFire's the bloke that does the forums with the odinator but who does the website, anyway, for a while now ive been doing a kind of manual/guide for neocron, and im gonna do it as a html instead of a downloadable like NEMA etc, so was wondering If I could nab the neocron.com template and present it in that style, keep things a little uniform etc ;)
yknow maybe if ppl like it and if its deemed as being fully up to date etc you couldnt add a link to it on the site could u or is that too much to ask :o

Anyway, Nid, Odin, whoever knows who runs the neocron.com website, who can answer this, cause I dont wanna get a 'copyright' slapping 8|

Shujin
16-11-03, 06:24
hhahaha >.< sry i jus gotta laff at this...
comeon man its simple to make

but if u must, just view source and save it.

and dafire does the site i think, because when MJS made a comment about improving the security on the site DaFire told him that "We already have that"

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 06:31
Originally posted by Shujin
hhahaha >.< sry i jus gotta laff at this...
comeon man its simple to make

but if u must, just view source and save it.

and dafire does the site i think, because when MJS made a comment about improving the security on the site DaFire told him that "We already have that"

I know thats how you do it :rolleyes: jeez just if I published a website with their layout, as its a company website and all that im not sure where id stand if they wanted to be assholes and say im plaguerising it :p

Shujin
16-11-03, 06:35
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I know thats how you do it :rolleyes: jeez just if I published a website with their layout, as its a company website and all that im not sure where id stand if they wanted to be assholes and say im plaguerising it :p how can u get in trouble for using the layout ;P millions of people use the same layout. how can anyone do anything about it? they cant.

if you make the gfx then its urs. as long as u dont use the companies logo as ur own or anything like that

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 06:55
i mean taking this (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index) page's source for example, keeping the borders and graphics the same, using the 'page' as a template to put my skill guide and manual into it so that its still uniform with the neocron website.

Shujin
16-11-03, 07:00
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
i mean taking this (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index) page's source for example, keeping the borders and graphics the same, using the 'page' as a template to put my skill guide and manual into it so that its still uniform with the neocron website. as long as u state somewhere on the page where the information came from and that kk you have nothing to do with kk and that kk has no responsibilities concerning your website then im 99% sure its ok

Darkborg
16-11-03, 07:02
no a company in DK just got bitchslapped by another european company for doing something like that.
They got fined and had to redo the site Afaik.

Shujin
16-11-03, 07:06
Originally posted by Darkborg
no a company in DK just got bitchslapped by another european company for doing something like that.
They got fined and had to redo the site Afaik. well its different when its a company using another companies shit...

company = commercial

\\Fényx// = private non profit

so unless \\Fényx// makes \\Fényx// Inc. (TM) and charges for usage of the site, theres no prob i see

G.0.D.
16-11-03, 09:03
you mean u wanna do somthing like this
http://www.freak-clan.de/dome.html

Shujin
16-11-03, 09:06
Originally posted by G.0.D.
you mean u wanna do somthing like this
http://www.freak-clan.de/dome.html i was looking for that:D

:( sleepeh = meh

Scikar
16-11-03, 15:14
Better safe than sorry. ;)

Mighty Max
16-11-03, 16:07
Such Designes are protected by Copyright. That applies even if it is not extra stated on the site.

And it doesnt do anything if he is noncomercial or comercial. It is protected and he needs the permission to copy it.

This german law knows only one thing that is not protected: Uncommented News. If there is an comment/interpretation or anything other that required some constructive work it is protected again.

Nidhogg
16-11-03, 16:37
Write an email to dafire@reakktor.com (or PM him here on the forums). You should ask for permission before using anything from the Neocron game or website.

N

\\Fényx//
16-11-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Write an email to dafire@reakktor.com (or PM him here on the forums). You should ask for permission before using anything from the Neocron game or website.

N

ah okies didnt know if it was dafire that did the main site aswell.

ElfinLord
16-11-03, 16:56
Do you have any kind of a "Work In Progress" using the template that we might be able to see?

Or are you waiting to get permission to use the template before you actually start importing your guide to the neocron.com format?

I hope you get approval and get this going as soon as possible.

Good Luck!