PDA

View Full Version : Slots on weapons

Zanathos
16-11-03, 03:03
Its sad.... very sad.

i must of constructed 50 of 20 items. That is 1000 constructed items.

Out of all of them I have had very few 3 slots. only 1 4 slot knuckle, and not a single 5 slot item.

Seriously, why is it so hard to get 5 slots on items?

Such as

Tangent Automatic Pistol
Ryker Nailgun
Blacksun
Stileto
Special Alloy Knife
Knuckles
Heal Spell
Deflector Spell
Pistol Combat Boost 1 Spell
Ryker Plasma Pistol
Rapid Fire SMG

etc...

Not a single 5 slot item out of 20 items constructed 50 times.....

This is with a TL 200 + Constructor.

Maarten
16-11-03, 03:04
Because 5 slotted weapons are RARE... :)

Zanathos
16-11-03, 03:05
But for stuff like a Stileto and Knuckles, etc... :eek:

Oh and btw, my first rare weapon was a 2 slot PE
my second rare weapon was a 0 slot libby.

(Ive only aquired and used 2 rare weapons so far, I purchased a 2 slot Wyatt Earp)

Really pissed me off that I got 0 slots. I didnt bother use it and continued to use my 3 slot A&W rapid fire smg.

I also bought a 2 slot liberator.....

boone
16-11-03, 04:12
5-slotted stuff is more rare than rares.. *cough*

Scikar
16-11-03, 04:25
Because the slot chance is dependant on the quality. If you hit quality cap then you'll get the same chance for slots no matter what. And if it's a non-rare, then for most high level non rares the quality cap is below 90%, therefore there isn't much chance for slots.

greploco
16-11-03, 09:02
the top level of any wepon EPR, TGC, TPC, etc are really hard to get slots on in general

it actually makes slot enhancers very usefull

ZoneVortex
16-11-03, 10:24
5 slot masters on pluto = brammers and isostatic

I've had 11 things built in the last month. Three of them came out 5 slots.

:eek:

lullysing
16-11-03, 10:30
Quality, multi slotted weapons that are slotted PROPERLY ( aka, no dumbassery of double barelling them retail guns, ohh nonononono) are really, REALLY good, dependable guns. I spent a lot of money on making all my batches. Those batches wielded weapons of legendary station ( anyone remember "smootie", my 4 slotted tangent gatgun with the silencer? Whoever has not returned it to me should die very painfully )

I made assault EPRs made especially for run-by shootings. I have had guns made that people requested over 500K for, just because i modded them right.

And only with those weapons can you really see the power of a gun.

Mighty Max
16-11-03, 10:36
What i have recognized lately on the slotchance:

When you are short to a next %level of the weapon. Say you always builded that one at 80% and you put 2 more points into Cst and you still are at 80%, you get a greater Slotchance.

I came accross that when i saw that 80+16(per mod) werent 96 as expected but 97. With that skill i have just build lotsa 3 slotters, Ive skilled another point so i hitted the 81%mark and all i got out were 0 and 1 slotters.

Anyone similar expierience?

Oath
16-11-03, 10:44
You didnt perform the ritual dance of construction did you?

Damned n00b constructors...........ok here it is.

turn round three times touch the floor,
two steps left shake your left leg out,
1 3/4 steps right shake your inner child about,
1 step forward one step back shake your body,
and wiggle your toes, jump up and down and shout MOFO's!!!!!!

there is the sacred dance of slottiness.

garunteed

Mighty Max
16-11-03, 11:42
psssst, dont tell anyone, this kind of magic is the dark side ....

... i dont wonna get hung up, or burned. :/

My resis are soooo poor ...

But to be honest, im constructing since i can kill the MoBs for the Blue Poisonglands, sthg most dont realy remember. Damn i miss the 3 star spiders :p

NeoChick
16-11-03, 11:52
Since NC was released I have always had a constr char. But in the last four months or so the slot chances are very slim, I find.

It is especially discouraging if people diligently collect their tech parts and then hold their breath for that special weapon and there are no slots, or even one slot is disappointing.

I think it enriched our gaming experience to have multi slots a bit more often than we have now. It is basically as if five slots don't exist, or even four slots. So basically the best we can hope for is three slots and even that is quite rare.

As a constructor, it has taken the 'magic' out of constructing. Every time I used to hold my breath and hope so much for the customer to get slots. Now... it is kind of 'probably won't have slots, perhaps one and the person will walk away disappointed

I remember the good old days in medicare plaza, the constructors at work and then shouting, wow, three slots, four slots etc
Now you don't have that type of thing any longer. Mainly ppl are begging for somebody to construct or mod something, that's all

What always amazes me is the customer saying " I want at least three slots" as if it is up to the constructor ............ in fact I don't think there are 'good' constructors and bad ones, once you have the constr skill it is pure luck, why don't some people understand that

Oath
16-11-03, 11:55
Im guilty of asking for slots :lol:

Just ask chief o'brien, im the worst person to build for...... ill make 2000 bps to get one 5 slotted weapon :) :D wich makes me very unpopular.

NeoChick
16-11-03, 12:14
Oath, you are the customer I would like to have. At least you realize how many tries it could take.

But some people get like 10 bp's and scrape together the cash for the parts, like relative noobs, and then you can understand their disappointment if they don't get a single slot in their little beginner uzi or even their knife

and same goes for rares, to for instance get together the tech parts for that CS or Male, that can take weeks and weeks, if not months even, and then to have it constructed and be stuck with a nil slotted one is very disappointing

Darth Slayer
16-11-03, 14:26
Aye I just built my first non slotted rare and guess what it was a Cursed soul........:mad:
For some reason I always seem to get better slot chances constructing rares than I do anything else. Ask me to build say 10 street model Uzi's and I'll be lucky to get a slot. Psi spells forget it for some reason I'm totally nerfed trying to build them. I believe Eric Draven explained the slot formula once somewhere go and look it it, it made interesting reading.

Anna
16-11-03, 14:31
made a batch of 50 pp183k plasma pistols once, capped the quality

31 x 0 slot
14 x 1 slot
3 x 2 slot
1 x 3 slot
1 x 4 slot

i was like, wtf 62% 0 slot??

and that was a tl 51 gun btw

s0apy
16-11-03, 14:43
on rares, it's been proven that there's a greater chance to get 1 slot than 0. for everything else it doesn't really matter since you can build as many of any non-rare as you have cash for, or can be arsed with. nothing to do with the constructor though - so long as he/she has 150 or so CST and 100INT and 100DEX they won't have any better or worse chance to get slots.

however, these so-called "chances" of getting slots are a huge pain. it's a roll of the dice each and every time. even flipping a coin, you're calculating the odds on each flip, and there's no reason you can't flip a coin 5 times and have it show the same face 4 times out of 5. and if, like some, you only get the chance to make 4 or 5 rares ever, that can easily mean you never get past 1 slot.

not that that's a bad thing, but i'd be more comfortable if all built items came with a guaranteed minimum 1 slot. or that there was some extra weighting applied on slot chances for constructors who skill way past the current cap.

Rento Webex
16-11-03, 14:47
The first rare I ever built for myself was a 5 slot liberator :D not a crappy duped one :cool: And it makes me cool !!!

Dajuda
16-11-03, 15:11
There is a 'magic' combo as for all things in Neocron (resists, slot chances ect). The closer to these 'magic' combos the better your resists or slot chances. For slot chances the contributing skills are obviously INT, DEX, and CST. I've come pretty close to working it out, I could get a 5 slot out of about 35 builds .. before my cster expired and i couldnt pay for him and my other 3 accnts. Anyways happy hunting.

Zanathos
16-11-03, 18:22
It really pisses me off though.

I've had a time where an assault rifle that I only built one of was 5 slots.

Now ive built 50 of these 20 items. I get 1 4 slot knuckles and 4 3 slotters.

Thats just bullshit.

3 slot ryker plasma pistol, 3 slot mini rocket lancher, 3 slot heal (WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ME!) 3 slot deflector, 3 slot shelter.

WTF man.

Getting 4 or 5 slots on store bought items should not be so hard. They arent nearly as good as rare weapons.

A capped A&W Rapid Fire SMG224 with 3 slots modded with phoshor ammo, pistol barrel, frequency mod. It does 25 dmg to a warbot per shot.

My capped DMG libby does 43 dmg to a warbot per shot.

Come on man, give us our 4 or 5 slots items!

Ghard
16-11-03, 18:30
5 slots are rare realy realy rare and they should stay that way however the chances of geting a 4 sloter and a 3 sloter ertc should be uped a good bit but 5 sloters are always gona be rare

Resear
16-11-03, 20:09
Its normally really hard to get a 5 slot unless youre a lucky sob.
Whenever i need a 5 slot of a certain item i build at least 300 of it, since a 5 slot normally pop up within 300 builds. The only item that has evaded me is the Holy Heal Sabctum. In 850 builds i still havent gotten a 5 slot. Got tired of the stupid sanctums and yanked out 30 bps for a Holy Group Shelter and whamm.. a 5 slotter.
I doubt there is a "magic" combo which gives more slots, its all about luck..

Resear

DaedalusSSJ
16-11-03, 20:34
Look at my sig :D
Compliments of <TvA> on saturn.
Unfortuanatly, i think he quit ages ago :(

I got 5 slots out of absolute luck, and i don't expect it ever to happen again.

NeoChick
17-11-03, 00:58
As you said, he quit ages ago.

Five months ago I was able to build five and four slotters, built a five slot NCPD Tri De and a five slot poison beam (tht one disappeared with the roll back that time and I quit at that time) and I also have a four slot energy beam.

Since I came back my char has been levelling and is basically maxed out, yet slot chances are terrible.
Out of 500 fire beams constructed I did not get any more slots but 3, and only a few of those!

Scikar
17-11-03, 01:04
Actually I've seen TvA recently in TG. :D

The slot chance has decreased, but there are a lot of slot enhancers out now, all those slot enhancer parts have to go somewhere. ;)

Also there are ways around the quality cap. If you're a levelling tank, get a STORM laser and a Judgement Day. The new raised quality means they drop at 80%-110%, which also means good chance for slots. Apu monks can do the same with Flame Avalanche, which actually does more damage than fire beam anyway.

Anna
17-11-03, 02:00
Originally posted by Zanathos
I've had a time where an assault rifle that I only built one of was 5 slots.

my very first weapon in retail was a 4 slot archer companion rifle, first try, built by derisor :D

Weazle
17-11-03, 02:16
Getting 5 slots these days aren't that important.

Gettings 3 slots is just enough ... pop in a barrel, an ultima mod and an ammo mod and you should have a weapon with maxed stats. ;)

NS_CHROME54
17-11-03, 02:17
from my experience, there is actually a "sweet spot" for const skill. try loming your skill down to around 180, and don't go to a factory to build, because (also from experience) this seems to lessen the likelyhood of slots. stay in the plaza to build. drug your int and dex up as high as you can.

reddog
17-11-03, 02:19
Originally posted by DaedalusSSJ
Look at my sig :D
Compliments of <TvA> on saturn.
Unfortuanatly, i think he quit ages ago :(

I got 5 slots out of absolute luck, and i don't expect it ever to happen again.
Nah he is still around made me 3 slot CS and 3 pain easer 2 - 3 weeks ago. unfortunaly for him he gets never slot for his own

Dajuda
17-11-03, 03:40
from my experience, there is actually a "sweet spot" for const skill. try loming your skill down to around 180, and don't go to a factory to build, because (also from experience) this seems to lessen the likelyhood of slots. stay in the plaza to build. drug your int and dex up as high as you can.

Magic combo :eek:

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 04:32
I don't know, i'm not one to believe in magic. But sometimes I do think there's a magic sweet spot for slots.

Kaden
17-11-03, 05:44
Sweet spots for consting? I found I hit mine at about 190ish const. Is it true though, that using any const buff lowers the slottage chances?

ericdraven
17-11-03, 10:39
Heh..

How often do we have to go thru this until everyone will get it? Even the OFFICIAL statement from Thanatos is not enough for you?
Just to remind you "the chance for slots is SOLELY dependent of the FINAL QUALITY of the weapon".

So once you reach the quality cap (which each n00b constructor with CST around 130 can) you can do NOTHING to increase the chance for slots.

People.. Neocron is a PROGRAM.. a program is a logical construct of commands.. and when Thanatos is right (and why should he LIE? And i also can only confirm his statement), then the chance for slots is a single line, something like P[slots]=Qual%-15%*slots.
(yes, yes, it's just an example, of course it's not exactly like this :p).

However, for sure it is NOT something like:

buffed? Decrease chance by 5%
You are sitting on a bench? +5%
It's raining? -10%
You face eastwards: -5%
You put the items manually into the processor window: +20%
+DEX%
+INT%
Repair-Skill 135? +25%
gf wears a black slip: +50%
are you in your starter app? +5%
your grandmother is visiting you: -5%

blablabla and all those myths i keep hearing how you can increase the chance for slots. BS. Well.. maybe Neocron became alive and is modifying its sourcecode by itself... who knows.. :D

Conclusion: Slots are RANDOM once you reach the quality cap.
And OF COURSE it's possible to build a five slotted Holy Heal Sanctum with the first attempt while another construtor needs 1482 builds to get his first one. Does this prove the random-statement wrong? Definitely not.

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 11:31
Originally posted by ericdraven
Well.. maybe Neocron became alive and is modifying its sourcecode by itself... who knows.. :D

Matrix :eek:

Originally posted by ericdraven

And OF COURSE it's possible to build a five slotted Holy Heal Sanctum with the first attempt while another construtor needs 1482 builds to get his first one. Does this prove the random-statement wrong? Definitely not.

No, but when someone gets multiple 5 slotters in a short period of time with someone else getting none, it sparks a suspicion. YES technically it could be change. But if someone won the lottery 10 times in a row, even though there's a SLIGHT possibility(1 in a trabajillion) i'm sure the government will look into it. :p

Weazle
17-11-03, 12:11
In my experience its not the number of slots that are important, its the quality of the weapon.

A near artifact or artifact weapon with 1 or 2 slots is just as a good as a perfect quality with 4 or 5 slots. The extra 5 perscentage in stats does not make that much of a difference.

There are certain myths with construction which leads to make people believe that having 250+ means more slots chances which is utter bull crap...... I completely agree with Eric that slot chances are the same for everyone once you hit the quality cap.

I've been constructing with base 160 CST skill .... that's all I need.

All I do is go to an OP for allies bonus and CST buff 1 making my skill 190 and then drug up on all the DEX and INT drugs to increase the chances of the quality of rares. I've made several near artifact or artifact weapons with 1 or 2 slots. All they need are ammo mods and then its a still a pretty good weapon.

Like I said ..... anyone with 200+ construction is severly overrated when slot chances are random.

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-03, 12:31
Special Alloy Knife

lol made myself 2 5 slotters about 20 4 slotters and a whole fuckload of 3 slotters.. tho gave it 100 tries.. that was with emmerson as OP and level 1 buff and a little base skill.. skill 80 / 90 ish

gotta have a pic of that somewere..

http://home.planet.nl/~achte311/knives.jpg

Oath
17-11-03, 12:35
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
Sweet spots for consting? I found I hit mine at about 190ish const. Is it true though, that using any const buff lowers the slottage chances?

Me KOS Chiefy, how many times have i told ya.

:rolleyes: no-one listens to papa oath.

MUAHUAHA

:p

Weazle
17-11-03, 12:51
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
Special Alloy Knife

lol made myself 2 5 slotters about 20 4 slotters and a whole fuckload of 3 slotters.. tho gave it 100 tries.. that was with emmerson as OP and level 1 buff and a little base skill.. skill 80 / 90 ish

gotta have a pic of that somewere..

http://home.planet.nl/~achte311/knives.jpg

Haha Killer nice one :)

I've managed to build two 5 slot artifact Vein Rippers in a row .... was fairly stoked I did that :lol: :lol:

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-03, 13:16
That 4 slot holy para u build me was a nice one to ^^ tho i aint using it anymore.. rerolled my PPU to pistol PE.. still got it tho hehe

Wrathwind
17-11-03, 13:30
Just to comment on the randomness and "building several 5 slotted items in a row" or "building 100 items without a single slot" speculation; computers have pseudo-random number generators, which aren't - as the name implies - truly random.

I have seen similar things happen in all sorts of online games, MUDs for example and this kind of anomalies might just indicate that the particular rng isn't very good.

The algorithm for construction quality and slots is probably very simple, and I'm pretty sure Thanatos and ericdraven are correct. The rest is likely just silly superstition thanks to the not very random randomness of the random number generator. ;)

Wannabe
17-11-03, 14:34
I think the more cst skill you have, the less slots you will get on low-TL items. I've build so far about 300 TL3 heals, so far 2 4-slotters, 1 5-slotter and rest 3, 2, 1 and 0 slotted.

When I was a fairly low-level builder (cst 92 or so), I build 3 commandos that had really shitty stats but one of them was a 2-slotter.

So I guess the higher you are, the lower the slots on low-TL items.

And oh, the first rare I build was a Wyatt Earp and it came out 3-slotted :)

// Wannabe

Dajuda
17-11-03, 14:56
Conclusion: Slots are RANDOM once you reach the quality cap.

If slots are random .. don't you think there would be a lot more 5 slot weapons floating around? Build 100 guns .. most will be 1-2 slotters, how can this be completly random?

As for the 'magic' combo.. I was just speaking from my personal experiance. With my old CSTer with mid/low Dex/Int 150 CST, I could do a run of 35 of any mid/high level weapon and get a 5 slotter. Now I log a friends char (ner capped int/dex uber high cst) and cant get a 5 slotter out of 100, something about that just doesnt seem too random.

Scikar
17-11-03, 15:02
He doesn't mean completely random. He means there's a random factor which influences the number of slots. The rest of the formula you already cap by capping the quality. So the only remaining factor affecting the slots is the random factor. Let's say the random number is a number between 0 and 1, and it's 3 decimal places. So you'd get numbers like 0.539, 0.472, 0.231 etc. The formula would then say, if the random number is > 0.990, then you get 5 slots. If it's > 0.950 you get 4. If it's > 0.850 you get 3, > 0.700 is 2, > 0.500 is 1, and <0.500 is no slots. You can see that the chance for a 5 slot weapon is much less than the chance for a 1 slot weapon.

ericdraven
17-11-03, 15:02
Originally posted by Dajuda
If slots are random .. don't you think there would be a lot more 5 slot weapons floating around? Build 100 guns .. most will be 1-2 slotters, how can this be completly random?

Random, not "completely random".
I am not saying the chance for 1 slots is "as random as" the chance for 5 slots.

More something like this:

5 slots: 0.5% probability. Failed, ok, next try
4 slots: 1.5% probability; Failed, ok, next try
3 slots: 2.5% probability; Failed, ok, next try
2 slots: 4% probability; Failed, ok, next try
1 slot: 10% probability; Failed, ok...

it's a non-slotter. :D

/EDIT: Don't read my mind, Scikar! :) :p

psychowar
17-11-03, 15:38
5 slots are not rare

with a good barter you dont loos money and you can try and try as much as you want

and thats not so long time as you need to collect parts for a holy lightning (if you begin at 0 parts)

(sorry for my english)

El_MUERkO
17-11-03, 15:41
I'd like to see non-rare build quality raised to 100%, meaning when you build it if your really good you'll get 100% on all stats giving you a better chance of capping.

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-11-03, 15:55
I had a constructor about 9 months ago with 70 Dex 62 Int and con skill of approx 160 called Upkeep

This guy asks me to join his clan and come to factory to build for him - so I thought what the hell and went to the factory - I made a 4 slot Artifact Pain Easer (his cheers could be heard across the wastelands) then he gave me a set of First Love parts as well, this came out with 3 slots. I was sexxed sooooo much for being uber ^^

At other times builds were shiat :(

Weazle
17-11-03, 15:55
Yeah definitely EL :)