View Full Version : Rare Armour!!!!!!!

spongeb0b
16-11-03, 01:48
Ok I was thinking we have rare weapons... rare imps... blah blah blah but no rare armour i just thought it'd be a good idea.. it could be just better than PA 4 for the relevent class and have a different model... what do you all think?

Mumblyfish
16-11-03, 01:51
[/me wants more rares]

So yes. I can't wait for the day there's around 30 different rare weapons per class, and people actually have to make CHOICES.

QuantumDelta
16-11-03, 01:57
Yes.

However so many people would complain about decay rates o_O
(edit)And loot pool

Thx mumbly:p

Mighty Max
16-11-03, 01:58
*spoiling the fun*

Erm, aint there rare Armors? Such leet hulls, showing how big we got?

=> PA's. That are they, just that you dont get them in parts but in runs. Yet still all points which makes a rare ...

And tbh we dont need a new level of Rares ontop of the PA4s ... restricted to 150+ in mainskills ...

Cruzbroker
16-11-03, 02:29
put larent mods back, dropping like implants, more rarely tho, or 120/120 only.

Lanigav
16-11-03, 08:55
I think it'd be a pretty spiffy idea. Rare bones would be cool too.

There also needs to be rare gloves as well, outside of the tradeskilling ones.

spongeb0b
16-11-03, 11:16
yes like rare pistol or rifle or even cannon handling gloves.... ooooooo goose pimples (bit much to ask tho lol)

Omnituens
16-11-03, 12:41
tbh, damage rates on all items need to be reduced.

and the way condition loss on armour is calculated needs to be looked at.

ezza
16-11-03, 12:56
my god, you people actually like hunting for rares?o_O

as much fun as playing with tradeing cards in plaza is, ill have to pass on this one

spongeb0b
16-11-03, 13:00
Ezza i just read your suggestion for a direct dmg raygun cannon... erm you mention maybe a rare here? O_o ok.....

[edit] oh nm i just read the restof it and noticed a run for it... good idea...

Rade
16-11-03, 13:05
I like it alot, but it doesnt necesarily have to be regular rare
drops, make em available through runs, or make em drop as
whole.

Nexxy
16-11-03, 13:06
I dont like the idea that much, id rather armour be slotable. Think para made a brainport topic about it ages ago...or maybe it was pitspawn, who knows.

ezza
16-11-03, 13:10
Originally posted by spongeb0b
Ezza i just read your suggestion for a direct dmg raygun cannon... erm you mention maybe a rare here? O_o ok.....

[edit] oh nm i just read the restof it and noticed a run for it... good idea...

yeah like i said i dont like hunting, so a run is a idea, and my original idea there was to make the doombeamer into the direct damage weapon so no more rare parts where added to the pool

its bad enough as it is, i mean i dont mind melee rares cos i have a melee tank, its just the damn psi rares i allways get that piss me off:p

if its a run then maybe, but if it means more stuff to hunt for, then it would just be another reason to look at wether i want to continue playing this game.

hunting bores the life out of me, only time i do it is when im watching tele or something even then its boring.

well suppose just gotta adapt, if everyone wants more rares, then theres other games out there for me so no big deal

Maarten
16-11-03, 13:14
We already have rare armor:

Viper King Armor
Titan Armor
NCPD Armor
Monk PA
Spy PA
PE PA

If they would add anymore, what would you suggest the stats should be?

I would prefer giving armor the ability to have slots. Would make armor parts actually usefull.

Rade
16-11-03, 13:18
And the cypher helmet.

Id still like to see 3-4 rare armors for each armor type tho,
helmets, boots etc. Now theyre almost all torso so you can
almost only wear one of them, except for the cypher helmet
which is useless.

Omnituens
16-11-03, 13:20
armour parts are useful, much cheaper to build your armour than buy it.

and you get it at artifact condition.

darknessfairy
16-11-03, 13:20
its not rare if you can buy it direct from a trader :P and its a poo idea anyway...forget this whole thread and go back to your daily work :P jokin... :)

dr.fish
16-11-03, 19:51
with a swirly thing around them :P

Opar
16-11-03, 20:58
Every epic should come with a main reward and a faction-only PA.

cityAdmin - CopBot rifle, NCPD armor

TG - Fusion cannon, Freedom Armor (for tanks maybe?)

Bio - Move On, Somethig armor (for tanks, maybe like a PA2/3,without the con drop, and +8 agility, but no combat bonus)

DRE - DRE apt, maybe a spy PA 2/3, which gives +10 barter maybe, instead of pistol/rifle.

NEXT - Revealer, Spy PA 2/3 which gives +15 VHC, no combat bonuses

Proto - Resistor chip, and an armor for PEs/Monks, which gives +5 to con, +10 to all resists except energy, and +15 to body health

TT - That g@y reward they gto atm, and ????

BD - oooo, idea! A tool, which serves as a 'drug deconstructor'. You 'deconstruct' the drug, to see what its made of, then you can make as many as you want of those drugs, or something. For armor, BD could maybe have an armor which halves synap, +5 to all resists, or something.

TS - Dono, for armor that TS pimp suit =P

Crahn - Epic Glove, New Monky PA, with Crahn symbol on the bottom of the cape thing, it gives +7 Psi, +10 PSU, +10 APU and PPU, +3 to INT.

Mercs - Speedy gun, Tank PA of some sort

FA - Something and a Technical PA for spies

Just an idea.

-=Bl@de=-
16-11-03, 21:47
lol freedom suit? hahahaha

Rade
16-11-03, 22:44
Great thanks now I have a picture of a TG tank in a black latex
bodysuit with a zipper for the mouth and a hole for the genitalia
stuck in my head.

-=Bl@de=-
17-11-03, 00:52
lol!!!

Duder
17-11-03, 00:54
Ohnos the Freedom Suit!!!!

Lets all go get some Victory Gin while we are at it!!!

Heavyporker
17-11-03, 18:24
I really, really, dont like the idea of factions giving class-only PAs.

I found the NCPD armor idea rather poor, since - seriously, would CA Gentanks bother with them, and would CA Spies bother with them, and how the hell do CA Monks get to use them?

ezza
17-11-03, 18:30
maybe they should of done it so rather than armour, there was more clothing choice at the rokkwear(or whatever its called)

so maybe a CA master or whatever can choose to have the clothing of the CA guards, tsunami can wear the pimp suit and TG can wear there gimp suit as graphically described in Rades post;)

Jest
17-11-03, 18:44
Some rare armor would definitely be cool. The problem is not and has never been a large rare pool. The problem is a large rare pool with a large amount of useless rares included. If every rare part you found was decent and you could actually sell it to some one then there wouldn't really be much to complain about.

Opar
17-11-03, 22:12
The Freedom Suit comes with free victory gin.