PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

ben77890
15-11-03, 22:42
Im thinking about buying it, do you reckon its worth it?

flyjedi
15-11-03, 22:44
yes definatly buy it now listen to none other than what i say buy it buy it now

ben77890
15-11-03, 22:48
what would you recommend about it, and why?

NeoChick
15-11-03, 22:53
Buy It its soooooooo great. Did not like the Tribunal expansion but Bloodmoon was worth it

You need a very good computer system though, it is very demanding on the computer.

Its hard to explain why its good, you just have to play it. I played it 'to death', played all the different chars right through and now i am so sick of it that I won't look at it again for quite a while. But it kept me occupied for many months.

Zu (Pluto)
15-11-03, 22:53
I love Morrowind, but before you decide whether you want it or not, I would point out the following:

It is a very open-ended game (i.e. you don't have much direction). If you are like me and like exploring just for the sake of it, then that's fine, but if you don't like not knowing what to do, then it's not so good. It is slow. There is no sense of urgency or rush to anything. If you get bored easily, then this is not a good thing.

It is super exploitable. That is, there are certain limitations in the game design which can be exploited to produce uber-characters o' doom. You can also very easily use the Editor to give yourself amazing world breaking items. Its up to you to exercise as self-control.

It has more mods out there than you can shake a stick at. There are mods that add monsters. Mods that changes the rules a bit, etc. The mod community is amazing and there are some truly fantastic additions out there. You can also make whatever changes you like without too much difficulty. Even I can change it without messing things up too much (except that soul-stealing thing I messed up on one occasion, but let's not talk about that...*cough*)

The NPCs are not very interesting in the interactive sense. If you are after lots of conversations, you won't find it here. That said, there are like dozens of novels worth of history, background, books, etc that you can get.

It runs like a cripple dog with lead boots. Well, not that bad, but it is not a quick, fluid game. That said, I've never really had any problems with it in terms of FPS and if you can stomach Neocron lag/FPS, then you shouldn't have any problem. There are hints and stuff on the forums that suggest how to make it run better, depending on your PC.

If you do get it, I suggest the new package that includes both the expansion packs (GOTY edition?). I also recommend you check out the forums at www.elderscrolls.com. They are very friendly and helpful people there. It is also probably worth checking out the morrowind site at www.rpgplanet.com. They've got a lot of info too.

I hope you decide to go for it and enjoy it. :)

Zu

ben77890
15-11-03, 22:55
Well i love fallout 2, so i reckon im gonna enjoy this, loved neverwinter nights as well

flyjedi
15-11-03, 22:56
this is 10 times better than NWN. it's massive, and a lot more in depth than NWN

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 23:01
Let me give you a rundown of the good things and bad things, from MY perspective.

GOOD THINGS

EXCELLENT music. The soundtrack>u
Excellent graphics. Very beautiful, especially when you're running through a small clearing and see a beautiful stream of water.

The variety. LOTS of skills with 85% of them being useful and/or fun. The spellsystem is awesome. Create your own spells. It's a point based system. Range, AOE, and power each taking up a certain amount of points. I made my custom own POWERHOUR ice spell that drain the enemy of all his ice resist then hit him with max ice damage. It took all my mana. Their are flight spells and summon spells. You can enchant items. Very fun, but enchanting is overpowered. :p

The quests. A bajillion quests. Alot of them are fun. I had so much damn fun searching the entire continent for an NPC to give me an item so I can upgrade my status in the mage guild.

The story is "ok". But my standards for a good story are obscene.

General gameplay is fun.

Now for the flaws.......

NPCs. Their about as complex as a wet peanut. There's about as much interaction as Vet raiding TH in front of the FA counsellor. :eek:

Challenge. Even if you're not a powergamer, the game is easy. You don't even have to TRY, and eventually you'll start overpowerign the monsters very easily.

Repetitive soundtrack. Even though it kicks ass, Morrowind is so big that their just aren't enough songs for it's intense length. So eventually you'll be like "OH GOD NOT THIS SONG AGAIN" lmao.

That's pretty much it, from what I can remember. However, the BIGGEST "plus" for morrowind is the bajillion available mods for downloading(if it's for PC). They do add alot of variety. Mods ranging from removing pesky useless enemies(think dragonflies in NC) to increasing the challenge.

Overall I recommend it, it kicks ass.

ben77890
15-11-03, 23:04
The first picture i ever saw of morrowind was a suit of armour that bore a striking resemblance to boba fett, how easy is it to make new weapons and stuff?

Sanch0s
15-11-03, 23:07
I find it hard to play because as pointed above its open ended there not much direction as what to do :(

Artie
15-11-03, 23:08
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)
I love Morrowind, but before you decide whether you want it or not, I would point out the following:

It is a very open-ended game (i.e. you don't have much direction). If you are like me and like exploring just for the sake of it, then that's fine, but if you don't like not knowing what to do, then it's not so good. It is slow. There is no sense of urgency or rush to anything. If you get bored easily, then this is not a good thing.

It is super exploitable. That is, there are certain limitations in the game design which can be exploited to produce uber-characters o' doom. You can also very easily use the Editor to give yourself amazing world breaking items. Its up to you to exercise as self-control.

It has more mods out there than you can shake a stick at. There are mods that add monsters. Mods that changes the rules a bit, etc. The mod community is amazing and there are some truly fantastic additions out there. You can also make whatever changes you like without too much difficulty. Even I can change it without messing things up too much (except that soul-stealing thing I messed up on one occasion, but let's not talk about that...*cough*)

The NPCs are not very interesting in the interactive sense. If you are after lots of conversations, you won't find it here. That said, there are like dozens of novels worth of history, background, books, etc that you can get.

It runs like a cripple dog with lead boots. Well, not that bad, but it is not a quick, fluid game. That said, I've never really had any problems with it in terms of FPS and if you can stomach Neocron lag/FPS, then you shouldn't have any problem. There are hints and stuff on the forums that suggest how to make it run better, depending on your PC.

If you do get it, I suggest the new package that includes both the expansion packs (GOTY edition?). I also recommend you check out the forums at www.elderscrolls.com. They are very friendly and helpful people there. It is also probably worth checking out the morrowind site at www.rpgplanet.com. They've got a lot of info too.

I hope you decide to go for it and enjoy it. :)

Zu

about exploiting the game...just jump everywhere yo go...up your acrobatics...

Jump up and down wearingmedium light and heavy armor and just have a massive amount of healing potions..and sit in front of mobs...^_^ Lvl really fast..lol...

There's a robe thats better than having potions...it's a "Robe ofSt. Roris" that has a constant effect of drinking a potion...it's dirty...you're godlike if you find it...:P

Shockwave
15-11-03, 23:20
Bloody amazing game, so long as you're unemployed and you've got about 3 months spare. It's enormous. And yes, Enchanting your own items is ludicrously overpowered - I had a constant regeneration of something like 9 health and 6 stamina per second (Golden Saint souls are damn handy). There was very, very little that could even scratch me, and I could sprint everywhere constantly. Turned combat into an inconvenient delay rather than the epic fight for survival it should have been against the things I was fighting.

Did anyone find that corpse right near the beginning with the ridiculously powerful Jump spell scrolls? :D

Drake6k
16-11-03, 00:07
Originally posted by Shockwave
Bloody amazing game, so long as you're unemployed and you've got about 3 months spare. It's enormous. And yes, Enchanting your own items is ludicrously overpowered - I had a constant regeneration of something like 9 health and 6 stamina per second (Golden Saint souls are damn handy). There was very, very little that could even scratch me, and I could sprint everywhere constantly. Turned combat into an inconvenient delay rather than the epic fight for survival it should have been against the things I was fighting.

Did anyone find that corpse right near the beginning with the ridiculously powerful Jump spell scrolls? :D

Hehe I used a Daedric tower shield (highest enchant in game) and could jump so high that I was in the clouds for 30 seconds. :D With my regen items it was like +16 health and I couldnt die. Hell with the regen you can even stay underwater forever 8|. I've made an amulet called "ass fart" yeah I know super mature :cool: and it does 200 damage to everyone in the area. You can clear an entire building instantly. It's funny walking through the rooms and seeing everyone dead :D

I completely finished the game though... never even did single player. I finished the assassin guild and then killed every npc I could find, including the god 8| :cool:

BUY MORROWIND

ben77890
16-11-03, 00:16
yay for sunday trading :D i'll get it 2morrow, and yes i am unemployed, i got sacked from my job at my local cinema

Shockwave
16-11-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Drake6k
Hehe I used a Daedric tower shield (highest enchant in game) and could jump so high that I was in the clouds for 30 seconds. :D With my regen items it was like +16 health and I couldnt die. Hell with the regen you can even stay underwater forever 8|. I've made an amulet called "ass fart" yeah I know super mature :cool: and it does 200 damage to everyone in the area. You can clear an entire building instantly. It's funny walking through the rooms and seeing everyone dead :D

I completely finished the game though... never even did single player. I finished the assassin guild and then killed every npc I could find, including the god 8| :cool:

BUY MORROWIND

Which God? They released more with the expansion packs. I don't think ANYBODY could stay entirely mature in Morrowind - even I had my "Pants of Opening" with an Open Locks (90-100) spell built in. :D

I just remember, right after leaving the starting town, hearing "......aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA(SPLAT)". On investigating the now-earthbound corpse I found a couple of scrolls that cast Jump at 1000 for 3 seconds, but had no levitation or fall-prevention bits. Made me laugh. :lol:

Daedric stuff was teh oobar. The damage I could do with my Daedric 2H Sword was truely obscene.

ben77890
16-11-03, 00:23
What class would you say is good for starting with?

Artie
16-11-03, 00:33
Originally posted by ben77890
What class would you say is good for starting with?

make j00r own! join the theives guild..they pwn

ben77890
16-11-03, 00:35
a Fighter with a huge fXX0r off sword will do me fine :D

Shockwave
16-11-03, 00:37
What I did was pick a preset class close to the style I wanted to play, much about with it for a bit to see what I would have set up differently in the way of Primary and Secondary skills, then started again with a customised class that worked perfectly for me.

ben77890
16-11-03, 00:40
so i can take a template and tweak and fiddle with it to my hearts content or make one from scratch?

Shockwave
16-11-03, 00:47
so i can take a template and tweak and fiddle with it to my hearts content or make one from scratch?

Yeah. That's one of the things about Morrowind - you can adapt and change pretty much anything in the game if you want. For instance, by default, no Trader in the game has more than about 5000 gold on them (most have a lot less). When you're trying to sell a Daedric katana, worth about 35k gold it's a bit of a bitch. So I downloaded a plug-in that added a trader who has 50k gold on him, and sold my uber-loot there.

Shadow Dancer
16-11-03, 00:57
I had a ring I called the Matrix ring. Because it would give me featherfall of 1 point, meaning I would land at basically the same speed but not get hurt. And I would jump super high. I spent my time super jumping across villages, lakes, clouds, and land, to get to my destination.

ben77890
16-11-03, 01:02
I will probably make some boots that allow me to walk on water :)

Nightbrother
16-11-03, 01:08
You should experiment quite a lot with different characters before making the definitive choice character that you go through the entire game with. One good thing is (to get the maximum levels out of your character) to put your most used skills into major skills, not primary, since you level when either primary or major skills improve, and since major skills start at a lower level than primary, you can improve much more. This might make things a teeny bit harder in the beginning, but is worth it in the long while, imo. Otherwise you might spend ages maxing out your major skills.

I attended the official Morrowind forums quite a lot when the game first came out, and I can recommend looking at them (not in the beginning), but maybe a little later, if you need small tips and such. The atmosphere of the game is absolutely fantastic, and some parts of the map truly chilled me to the bone... well, gave me a good old fright anyway. Play this game when it's dark outside, and with good earphones. The game really deserves it. And go to Ald'Ruhn, a city, and look around there. That place is my favorite place, for several reasons, the biggest one being the audio side of the game in that place and the places around it. Also, seeing an ogre in a cave for the first time also made me shit my pants (mentally.... of course... erm). Dont be discouraged by potential difficulties in the beginning. Keep at it, and explore the huge vastness of wonder that is the Vvardenfell island, and I hope you're getting the expansions along with the original game.
Before the game journal was straightened out, it was absolutely impossible to keep your quests in order.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the game, miss Ben.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job at the cinema. Did it mean a lot to you, or didnt you really care about it?

Have fun and take care,
Davram.

P.S. Be sure to get the boots of blinding speed. Theyre hilarious, and combine them with the super jump spells you find early on. Use those two, and you can cover ridiculous distances!

ben77890
16-11-03, 01:09
Where abouts can i find a demo? im getting it tomorrow ( full version ) but i wanna quick go now

ben77890
16-11-03, 01:11
its a temp thing, what im really looking to do is to work in a post production studio as a runner and work my way up from there, or make my own films, whichever happens first :)

Shockwave
16-11-03, 01:21
I've had a brief look around a few sites, I don't think there is a demo of it. There isn't one on the main site (http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php), which usually means there isn't one. TBH the game doesn't really lend itself to demo versions, anyway. Guess you'll just have to camp like an AWPer outside your local Game until it opens tomorrow morning. :)

ben77890
16-11-03, 01:22
what is an AWP'er?

Shockwave
16-11-03, 01:23
You never played Counter-Strike?! :eek:

ben77890
16-11-03, 01:24
n'er played cheatzor strike, no

Artie
16-11-03, 02:01
n'er played cheatzor strike, no

:eek: DON'T DISS CSTRIKE!!!

Gahhh...love it.

AWP is the Artic warfare magnum sniper rifle...only gun that insta kills if you hit their TORSO (before any shot would kill them...even if you hit their foot :p) and people will camp spots with that gun and take out a fuckin clan with just that damn gun....good times. ^_^

Zu (Pluto)
16-11-03, 02:17
Morrowind does get rather easy, but luckily there's a few mods out there that makes things more of a challenge as you go up levels (the problem with the original is by level 20 or so you've ran out of tough monsters).

Adventurer's mod ups the difficulty a lot, but changes the game a bit too much for my liking. it's too all inclusive. My fav is still PumaMan's GIANTS, which adds uber monsters of death in. I was scared to travel at night after that. Some of them are really impressively pretty. But I run the game with approximately 40-50 mods, about half of which are "pretty mods" like better faces, armour, clothes and stuff. The other half changes game balance, adds new Quests, etc.

You need good knowledge of 3d packages to make your own items from scratch. There are some good communities and player-written documentation about that. Check out things like Rhedd's Heads and Jeremy's armours to see what people have done. If you don't need new models, then making new quests and changing stuff is fairly straight forward, but obviously a lot of work (plan, plan, plan!).

Mods is what makes MW great. It's a customisable experience. :)

Zu

kurai
16-11-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Shockwave
Did anyone find that corpse right near the beginning with the ridiculously powerful Jump spell scrolls? :D lol
Yeah - I found him quite a while into the game.

By that time I was already pretty much unkillable, and had explored 80% of the map already, and flying was too slow.

So I went to the editor and made 50 of those spells, then just jumped around everywhere.

Great stuff ... cross the entire island in 2 bounds :D

Oryx
16-11-03, 09:05
Ya, I have morrowind and the 2 expansions (bloodmoon and Tribunal).

Bloodmoon is sweet, trib. is so-so. The game overall is the best single player game I have played, it is so huge and complex. The skills system is something else, it's pretty sweet.

I got a great deal for mine. I got al lthree used, all for about 60$ (Canadian).

I highly recommend the game.

Wallen
16-11-03, 10:15
Never played Morrowind OR Counter-Strike???

At least tell me you've played Half-Life.

I mean, c'mon, do you even OWN a computer?????????

:D

Morrowind only has ONE negative: No online play.

I guess that really isnt a negative though, cause if it had online it would be such an uber game that there wouldnt be a reason for anyone to ever make games anymore, ever.
Oh, they would try, but there'd be no point!

Shadow Dancer
16-11-03, 10:20
If morrowind was online, I can see all the balance complaints now. :p

ben77890
16-11-03, 10:23
of course ive played half life, and deus ex, im not some kinda weird freaky thing you know

Wallen
16-11-03, 10:31
of course ive played half life, and deus ex, im not some kinda weird freaky thing you know

*whew* Scared me there for a sec.

And as for online, they could have servers that didn't allow plugins, and lvl/skill restrictions. Then, with all chars being uber, you'd finally actually have someone TOUGH to fight with all your skillz.

ben77890
16-11-03, 10:32
yeah i guess

Artie
16-11-03, 10:53
Originally posted by Wallen
Never played Morrowind OR Counter-Strike???

At least tell me you've played Half-Life.

I mean, c'mon, do you even OWN a computer?????????

:D

Morrowind only has ONE negative: No online play.

I guess that really isnt a negative though, cause if it had online it would be such an uber game that there wouldnt be a reason for anyone to ever make games anymore, ever.
Oh, they would try, but there'd be no point!

can you imagine how laggy morrowind: Online would be???!?!?!

Since all pieces of armor is rendered seperately...dear god.....

McEvoy
16-11-03, 23:29
ya that game is insane

its like a mmorpg but its single player, its great fun, but theres so many ways to fuque with the AI. but i loved the game :D never beat it though

Rith
16-11-03, 23:56
If you like exploring and have a pretty strong alteration/restoration capability - find a spell maker and roll this spell :

Fortify Strength 100 on self 2 secs
Fortify Acrobaticts 100 on self 2 secs
Fortify Speed 100 on self 2 secs
Fortify Jump 100 on self 2 secs

The moment you've cast it jump.... and flllyyyyyyy - about 6 map squares in a leap - you can go from one end of morrowind to the other in minutes doing this - its a class way to travel

Rithy

ben77890
17-11-03, 00:54
geez now you tell me, i just spent since 11 am this morning going in one huge ass circle

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 13:26
1. You do NOT need a good puter for it
I'm on my 450MhZ and doing just fine

2.Wanna get somewhere?
Find the guy in the sky
And get the Icarian Flight
That spell will surely get you quite a bit
And for you guys who used it, don't tell about side effects
PLEASE?!

3.Tribunal owns, it's a good change in the game and playing theater is kewl

4.Use your map and stop walking in circles
Talk to people around and they'll tell you to go to Balmora
(IIRC)
Then look around outside first town
See that BIG critter
Well that's your ride outta there

5.Learn of NC, even small thing's can be EVIL

6.Only REALLY good travel spell is the windwalker
(Fortify 800 levitate
Fortify 800 Speed
Invisible 260sec, something like that)
Found in Bloodmoon.
Love that spell.

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 13:30
yeah its a great game... and its easy to turn on god mode :p lol

serriouslly its well worth getting

17-11-03, 13:42
I bought it and both expansions on the PC, but I never get to play them because when I'm on my PC I'm too busy playing my monthly subscription games.....

....so I bought it on the XBox, but I never get to play it because I'm too busy playing my PC :-)

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 13:44
lol tbh i dont play it anymore - NC has taken over my life!

i have NC and The Specialists installed on my PC - thats about it

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
lol tbh i dont play it anymore - NC has taken over my life!

i have NC and The Specialists installed on my PC - thats about it

Wut's The Specialists ?

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 13:51
the greatest half life mod in the world... think CS - really quick - better weapons (including katana's) - with bullet time!

it is insane, running up to someone with a sawn off shotgun and kicking it out of their hands using kung-fu, picking it up off the floor, then unloading the 2 shells into there chest...

satisfying

hope this isnt advertising... www.specialistsmod.net

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 13:52
Holy hell
Damn well hope I'm going to work tonight,
then this is what we'll be having on the puters

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 13:56
heh - check out the screenies >.<

oh and fyi - if you use automatic weapons online its like using an AWP on CS - you will be labeled a noob

most servers limit it to pistols or pistols + shotguns

Deagle - 7 bullets, quick reload

Akimbo (dual) Five-Sevens - 40 bullets, fa accuracy, slow reload

soooo much variety hehe

personally i like the reuger (spelling?)... 17 bullets, ace accuracy, quick reload, low damage... double that with a full load of 6 seal knives to throw / slash with instead of reloading at close range...

and the stunts... run up walls... do matrix style forward flips over someone while shooting down...

SWEEEEET

and of course... if you are really mean (and on an any weapon server)... Akimbo Mini-Uzi's (with silencer and laser sight... why not?) boy they fuck you up at close range

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 13:58
So tell me,
how the hell does bullet-time online work?
Can't figure that out...

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:01
basically anyone within a certain distance (sphere of influence i guess) AND anyone who can see you is slowed down...

its awsome to do a dive off a box, with bullet time on, and pile bullets into someone...

the person who uses it will fire quicker tan the others, so it has its advantages

also - diving WHILE killing = more frags

diving, slow-mo, knife kill = shit loads of points lol

personally i am gettin the hang of throwing knives... taking distance into account and aiming above people :p

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 14:03
So in about six hours I'm with you whoopin' ur ass =P
Tell me where to find the best places

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:05
best places? like camping spots on the maps?

lol good luck, its far to fast to camp... hell for the first few games reloading will mean death, as 2 or 3 gguys will unload into your reloading body :p

gotta know reload times / accuracy at range etc.

oh and the matrix big jumpy thing i s ingame too...

IF you are getting pwned on an all weapon server - Styler Aug is the way to go - best gun in the game no question

a tip: get a full load of knives and a SINGLE pistol... then you are light enough to move at top speed and if you unload a gun, switch to knives and throw 5 of them, slice with the 6th >.<

you can pick up guns / knives and dump your old gun if needed >.<

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 14:48
I meant "Where do I find YOU"

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 14:56
aaaah. i tend to play random servers tbh. theres never that many up

i am either Jester, Junkie or Junkeh most times.

usually Jester i guess

Richard Slade
17-11-03, 14:58
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
aaaah. i tend to play random servers tbh. theres never that many up

i am either Jester, Junkie or Junkeh most times.

usually Jester i guess

When you hear the words of a preacher calling out to cleans you from sins you could be quite sure that it's me
Padre Fallos, the dendrophilian priest
*muhaha*

ichinin
17-11-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
If morrowind was online, I can see all the balance complaints now. :p

U kidding? in 5 minutes, people would be running around with Full daedric armor, DDKs and cast uber spells at eachother indefinitly. Everyone would be next to immortal and noobs would go to Dagoth ur and stand in line to kill him - A GM's worst nightmare.

Originally posted by Rith
its a class way to travel

Assuming you SURVIVE the "landing", it is a good way.

Back to the thread; Morrowind is at least as addictive as Neocron, i've spent over 1.5 year playing it, and only now it have become boring because i've been everywhere (systematic exploration) and i've done pretty much everything. Exploring the main continent (Vvardenfell) with all its dungeons and quests and stuff takes a while and will keep you busy. The game is riddled with cheats (exploits) you can use to advance quickly and make you at least as powerful as Vivec - assuming you WANT to do that. Playing without using bugs to your advantage isn't that hard anyway (set the game to "hard" in options, "hard" isn't really difficult)

Tribunal:
If you get tribunal, you get a bunch of hours worth of entertainment. Basically it's a city and not a continent. It has sewers and dungeons underneath it, so it's not only topside. Do not install Tribunal untill you are confident you can take on the assasins that jump you as soon as you sleep the first few times, it's a common problem for newbies.

Bloodmoon:
Well, that's a new continent, lots or Nords. Some of the mobs are somewhat strong and could kill you, but at least you get a good fight now and then. The only negative about Bloodmoon is that the final character isn't as strong as the one before him and the end is rather dissapoiting(!) when you beat the crap out of him with a few strikes.

Mods for morowind:
There are lots of mods you can add to the game, and if you cant find something, you can create your own with the TESCS - The ElderScrolls Construction Set. Cool mods in the making are "Morrowind for kids", "Tamriel Rebuilt" and "Middle Earth mod":

* "Morrowind 4 kids" is basically a "fluffy bunny" remake of morrowind suitable to kids (or rather their parents)

* "Tamriel Rebuilt" have gone on for a while, it's a project set to restore the whole world of the elderscrolls. While i was never in the project, i've managed to reconstruct a piece of the "Redguard" world, that is currently on ice right now because of NC.

* "Middle earth mod" tadaaa! LOTR mod. Morrowind already got Orchs, humans and Elves, evil sorcerers and a story about a ring, but this is a big mod in the making.

Whats cool about the construction set is that it allow people to fix bugs in morrowind before an official patch is out, me and a few others helped to fix bugs, some not even fixed yet, so be sure to pick up a patcher mod (dont remember what it was called), bloodmoon was really horrible when it was released (screwed up items/objects/NPC dialogue/Scripting), but the 1.6.1820 patch fixed stuff (not everything).

So, my recommendation is, BUY IT NOW!! If you're into Orchs and Elves and so on, you will love Morrowind, the graphics are stunning (pixelshader on the water for instance and the sunrise/sets..)

Jesterthegreat
17-11-03, 17:06
tbh morrowind doesnt match up with Daggerfall (the origional)

its a nice game... but Daggerfall wins hands down

ichinin
17-11-03, 17:12
Originally posted by Artie
can you imagine how laggy morrowind: Online would be???!?!?!

Since all pieces of armor is rendered seperately...dear god.....

I can imagine how laggy it would be since i've played Project Craptropia (Same game engine), it's really horrible - just walking forwards laggs like hell and i think bethesta decided against making it into a online game after testing the NI netcode.

Wallen
19-11-03, 09:47
I'm not saying it would technically be possible (in fact, that's probably the reason it isn't online right now), but it would be the ultimate game if it was online.