PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Creativity

Psycho_Soldier
15-11-03, 20:52
Is it just me or does the weapons in Neocron lack creativity, when it comes to how they look.

IMO Each weapon should have there own look. Not each TYPE, but each one. Like Cursed Soul and Plasma Wave should not look the same. There should of course be more weapons and more types of mods. Like each weapon should have a damage type mod, pure or mixed. Pure energy, Pure Xray, Pure Fire, etc... or Mixed Xray and Fire and whatever possible combination. With each combination the weapon look should change and so should the look of the ammo being shot out. Each weapon should be alot more detailed than they are now, at least the weapon you are using should be alot more detailed like Half-Life. The main weapon class I see creativity lacking is in melee weapons. I mean, what year is it? You would think that they would have some really badass melee weapons. Not something that looks like a plastic combat knife you would get that the 99 cent store or a rip off from either Street Fight (Paw of tiger looks like its the weapon Vega uses, or Laserblade... that one is a obvious rip).

It would take me about 30 mins to come up with probably 10 melee weapons that would look much better. I am not really trying to insult, but it would just make the game feel better with more creativity when it comes to weapon design.

Maarten
15-11-03, 21:19
I guess you haven't noticed...

KK doesn't have a large team of artists sitting around all day doing nothing... They only work on ESSENTIAL things...

If you think the Plasma Wave should have a different model then the Plasma Cannon, fire up 3dsmax, make one yourself and it it's good, KK might put it in the game...

Tratos
15-11-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Maarten
I guess you haven't noticed...

KK doesn't have a large team of artists sitting around all day doing nothing... They only work on ESSENTIAL things...

If you think the Plasma Wave should have a different model then the Plasma Cannon, fire up 3dsmax, make one yourself and it it's good, KK might put it in the game...

Go on maarten you know you want to :D :p :D lol

hmm.. yeah i think they should look different aswell even if its just slightly different...

~T

Maarten
15-11-03, 21:25
Making up weapons/models is not really my area. :)

I would love to create some new maps for Neocron though... :)

Psycho_Soldier
15-11-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Maarten
KK doesn't have a large team of artists sitting around all day doing nothing

I bet they could easily get some people to make some models and concepts for free... maybe make it possible for player modifications if it isn't already.

Judge
15-11-03, 22:15
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I bet they could easily get some people to make some models and concepts for free... maybe make it possible for player modifications if it isn't already.

http://neocron2.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70

Psycho_Soldier
15-11-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Judge
http://neocron2.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70

Yes, I know about that. Is it possible for player modifications for what im talking about? Or can you only modifiy the weapon Icons in the inventory?

Richard Adregen
15-11-03, 23:40
You should be able to alter the models and post them there for them. If you're good enough, they'll probably be added :)

RA.

Judge
15-11-03, 23:52
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Yes, I know about that. Is it possible for player modifications for what im talking about? Or can you only modifiy the weapon Icons in the inventory?

Ah right, sorry. Thought you were just being noobish :p

I just posted that question on the modding forums.... was thinking whether or not I could do it.