PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the 'pick on someone your own size'?

Talismar
15-11-03, 18:54
I'm hunting with a good friend who just started Neocron (okay I started not to long ago myself) in beggers (cellar 3)...

If I use my oh this *might* feel like a pinch psi module of better crahn shockball I get told to pick on someone my own size... its tl is 3.

Now if I pull out my bang bang bang your dead assult rifle I get rewards... its tl is 30.

Now why is that?

VVerevvolf
15-11-03, 19:02
It depends on your combat rank.

Talismar
15-11-03, 19:15
At the risk of being an idiot :cough:

I'd like to point out again that my rating (if it changed that quickly which it rarely does)

SHOULD have been higher with the assault rifle ... 30>3.

In either case my rating DID NOT change ie stays at 15/32 with the rifle and the psi.

Richard Blade
15-11-03, 20:00
I don't have my stat charts in front of me, but check the damage done by the weapon. You might do more damage with the shock ball because you have it closer to fully capping the damage or something. With the rifle, you might be doing half damage or less.

Other than that, it doesn't make sense.

Talismar
15-11-03, 20:38
Okay figured it out... doesn't make a damn bit of sense either.

(damage ratings with the rifle are higher then the psi by the way)

Its damage based ... with the psi I do shit for damage an get maybe 2-3 hits in with it before it gets killed. I get the 'pick on someone your own size'

If I do lots of psi attacks on it before she attacks (& kills) it I get 1 credit.

If I use my rifle and do 20+ damage on it, I get 9+ credits.

ericdraven
15-11-03, 20:41
Originally posted by Talismar
In either case my rating DID NOT change ie stays at 15/32 with the rifle and the psi.
IF that's true then it's definitely a bug.

You get the message "pick on someone your own size..." when your combat rank exceeds the combat rank of the mob by 25 or more.. so with a combatrank of 15 it's not possible, 'cause the lowest combatrank of mobs is 1. o_O