PDA

View Full Version : Waste of Everyone's time

Futureman
15-11-03, 17:52
PowerArmor is a waste of everyone's time. Put it in the shops, and make the runs cheaper. I would like to get GM input in this thread, how much time is wasted with PowerArmor related help tickets? Its a waste of time.

Mighty Max
15-11-03, 17:54
PowerArmor is a waste of everyone's time

Hmm, let me remember sthg ... ahh, got it i play this game to have some entertained time ...

Content is never a waste of time

Tratos
15-11-03, 17:56
/me slaps Futureman, theres nothing wrong with the mini quests cos you can just buy it from the last NPC who is handily near a GR and the fixed scripts should be in the next patch so there shouldnt be any more porblems with PA runs

~T

Futureman
15-11-03, 17:58
The quests are fine, but waiting on a GM to respawn NPCs and having the chars not talk to you IS a waste of time and IS NOT content. I am waiting for a GM and im number 20 in the help queue, but there is no GM online? Is that content?

Heavyporker
15-11-03, 18:00
yeah... why can't monks buy their PAs from that last guy too?

I just tried to get DoY techparts from that guy in K14 at the DoY gate, and would you believe it, he ain't there?! FFS, I had to bob and weave and flee about ninety nine thousand DoYbots all red to me!

This was on Pluto BTW. Grrrr.

Richard Adregen
15-11-03, 18:25
Oh... I thought you were talking about LoMs... Ah well.

The next patch will fix all the trouble with the scripts (or so they say... ;))

RA.

Futureman
15-11-03, 18:32
Im sure in the same way they fixed the nameless PE bug, by basically undoing the thing that made faction counsellors in their appropriate faction. Its a waste of everyone's time with the script bugs. It took them about a year to recognize the need for a resume button, so it will probably take that long for the PA's to be sold in stores. I've been waiting for hours for a GM to come and help me get PA, and thats just a waste of time.

MayhemMike
15-11-03, 19:46
n00b spy :p. Ya its ghey. nerf teh monkies

Maximilian
15-11-03, 19:53
Well games is supposed to be a "waste of time" What do you expect. You want the GMs to hand out 20 Million and all items in teh game for free and also capping your stats?

/ Max

Futureman
15-11-03, 20:00
Wait a sec, are you actually defending this crap?

I wanna know how many tickets deal with this stupid PA system that we have now. I bet its a lot. Its a waste of GM and player time. I'll do the run, but when it takes 2 days for me to get PA because the NPC doesn't work, thats not the same as wanting to not have to level or whatever. Oh, no, by your logic anything that makes the game longer to play is content. WTF are you on about man? It sucks, everyone knows it.

Futureman
15-11-03, 20:03
another thing, why do you think the NPC gets killed all the time? I've been waiting for hours and there are 24 help tickets at the moment. People get mad at the guy and kill him because he won't talk to them. That makes it take even longer. If the guy were there to talk to in the first place it would suck, but now he dissappeared.

Mighty Max
15-11-03, 20:09
1. Calm down
2. You mentioned the NPC isnt there, BUT he is, that he doesnt talk to you is a common problem, and there are several ways to fix it.
- Reboot, talk to the guy, and dont escape when nothing appears, wait some seconds (id say do it 2 mins) retalk to him, and if that doesnt solve it yet restart neocron (be sure to wait the 40secs so you actually logged out
3. Yes, i like the little runs, and i'd ever be against removing them for a simple shop.
4. There is a Edit/Delete Button, you know? Use it !

Greets
MightyMax

Richard Adregen
15-11-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Futureman
Im sure in the same way they fixed the nameless PE bug, by basically undoing the thing that made faction counsellors in their appropriate faction. Its a waste of everyone's time with the script bugs. It took them about a year to recognize the need for a resume button, so it will probably take that long for the PA's to be sold in stores. I've been waiting for hours for a GM to come and help me get PA, and thats just a waste of time.

Actually, they'll fix it by the client NOT having to download the scripts themselves anymore. the scripts will be automatically accessed by the game when needed, because the actual problem with this stuff is that the script download exceeds the timeout limit, and so you get a black screen. once you have the scripts on your computer next patch there will be no more problems. The trouble with the amount of tickets will then be solved.

RA.

Nexxy
16-11-03, 01:13
Yeah and while theyre at it they should put epic items and rares in shops too their also a waste of time.

Futureman
16-11-03, 16:17
Hey nexy, do you have problems reading? Hooked on Phonics (http://www.hop.com/) is doing wonderful things nowadays, seriously. I said that its a waste of everyone's time that we have to depend on buggy NPCs to get PA. Tanks don't have to wait. AGAIN, for the would be idiot comments. I DON'T WANT TO NOT HAVE MISSIONS. I want to be able to buy it in the store because relying on NPCs is stupid. So what if they even fix the script problem? What happens when the PA guy gets killed? Its STUPID, its not RP its not CONTENT its a waste of time. I want to play Neocron, not wait-on-a-gm-to-respawn-an-NPCo'cron. I waited 2 days to get PA, which is completely unnessary. Epics and all that are okay because they always work.