PDA

View Full Version : How does team XP work?

juvestar15
15-11-03, 06:11
I've recently started a PPU so i've been after the best possible team i can get the most XP out of. Alot of people say you have to be within 14 ranks to get XP. Over the last few days i noted some things.

My PPU(rank 47/40) teamed with another ppu and 2 apus in graves. They were all around same lvl. I got 700k per run, around about that anyway.

I went to chaos cave with rank 60 apus and a few other players, the team was full. I got alright XP, maybe 1 mill.

Today i went to graves with a rank 79/6* spy and i got 2 mill XP. That is the best so far.

So how does this team XP all work? What is the best teaming option?

naimex
15-11-03, 10:40
when you figure this out.. PM me :p

think shitloads of peeps have been trying to find a formula, a sense of reasonness in team exp..

but as far as I know all have come to THIS conclusion ::

Team XP is given to all players and is a shared amount of xp from every type of weapon hitting with most damage on different ranks..

in other words want psi, hunt with a psi, want str, hunt with a tank... u get the picture :p :p :p

(but this is only afaik and afaih)

Pi-Oh-Pah
15-11-03, 12:18
Originally posted by naimex
when you figure this out.. PM me :p

think shitloads of peeps have been trying to find a formula, a sense of reasonness in team exp..

but as far as I know all have come to THIS conclusion ::

Team XP is given to all players and is a shared amount of xp from every type of weapon hitting with most damage on different ranks..

in other words want psi, hunt with a psi, want str, hunt with a tank... u get the picture :p :p :p

(but this is only afaik and afaih)

Incorrect - I find my PE gets good PSI exp when teamed with a tank (obviously I get l33t PSI exp from an APU though)

Richard Adregen
15-11-03, 12:21
Let's see... for what I know of this, the basic thing is that you get a percentage of the exp the attacker gets. I "think" your PPU would be best off hunting with the highest rank APU he gets XP from, because he does much damage and so, gets most exp. I think that's about right... :confused:

RA.

Scikar
15-11-03, 14:12
What happens is, a percentage of the XP you get is put into the team pot. I think it's about 25%. It doesn't matter what class you are, the XP in the pot is split up depending on the class of the person receiving it, not the person earning it. At regular intervals the XP is given out to the team members. The XP you receive will be entirely strength and con for a tank, entirely int and psi for a monk, entirely dex and int for a spy, and split between all five for a PE. Below rank 50 you must be within 10 combat ranks of a player to share team XP with them, and above that you must be within 15. I think above 75 you need to be within 20 ranks but not sure on that.

Cruzbroker
15-11-03, 14:19
I think it might be like what the class least gets, that skill it gives to others. like SPY, gets most DEX and INT, so it gives monks PSI and INT. because INT is other main skill with PSI too, it doesn't share the INT like it does with DEX. THEN with TANK is CON and STR, so it gives everything else to others. so monks get PSI and INT the most with TANK.

Pi-Oh-Pah
15-11-03, 14:49
Originally posted by Scikar
What happens is, a percentage of the XP you get is put into the team pot. I think it's about 25%. It doesn't matter what class you are, the XP in the pot is split up depending on the class of the person receiving it, not the person earning it. At regular intervals the XP is given out to the team members. The XP you receive will be entirely strength and con for a tank, entirely int and psi for a monk, entirely dex and int for a spy, and split between all five for a PE. Below rank 50 you must be within 10 combat ranks of a player to share team XP with them, and above that you must be within 15. I think above 75 you need to be within 20 ranks but not sure on that.

This sounds right - Im sure we've had offical confirmation of this before