PDA

View Full Version : To Leave or Not To Leave

FuzzyDuck
15-11-03, 02:04
I got a problem - I now only find myself logging into Neocron maybe once per week at most, however I do not want to leave the game (since I have quite a lot of nice items and stuff) and can't trust anyone to protect my wares while I'm gone (as I like to play alone). I'm also findly myself becomming rapidly addicted to Counter-Strike and enjoying the fact that I can actually move when trying to kill someone.

In summary my problem is this - what can I do (as I believe I just need a break from the game).

Give all my stuff to a clan to keep warm while I'm gone.

Pay the monthly fees (I have 2 accounts) and let my characters go sterile.

Hippieman
15-11-03, 02:09
Depends on how long your gone for. It seems that all characters that are part of a cancelled account have not been deleted yet even though its suppose to be 3 months then *poof*. I bet your get bored quickly with CounterStrike since when I played I found nothing but fucking idiots on all the servers. I would say pay it and live with it, but if you dont want to I can honestly say I can store the items without stealing them.

Pi-Oh-Pah
15-11-03, 02:30
Im out of here once I sort the Download of Horizons Beta - keeps crashing :(

If I get into Beta for Dragon Empires and FoM as well I'll be too busy playing stuff for free to play here anymore

KRIMINAL99
15-11-03, 02:43
pay once every three months

FuzzyDuck
15-11-03, 02:52
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
pay once every three months

ohhh yeah - good idea, forgot about that.

However - £25 just to ensure that my chars/stuff remains intact is a lot of money for me.

*poor student studying Theoretical Physics (just call me Mr Freeman) without enough time for a job however enough time for Neocron :angel:*

Rade
15-11-03, 02:57
I took a break for three months, it worked wonders, now the
game is fun again. Well besides for the monk issue but... will...
not... bash monks... in yet.. another... thread.....

**edit: Oh I think I was gone for more than 3 months.. more like
5. Chars were all still there tho.

Oath
15-11-03, 03:20
Been back just over 3months..........

im kinda logging in less and less, but not due to the game boring me, its the lag issues, ping spikes, crashes, after over a year and 2 months play, im getting really pissed with them.

Rachius
15-11-03, 03:57
I was gone for 6-8 months. Came back, and my char was in the same zone I left it in.

Zanathos
15-11-03, 04:35
I find myself playing less and less.

Mostly due to inactivity of my clan on saturn and uranus (no were not dieing, just not playing much, were a small clan, very small)

And im still waiting for the NPC's to get fixed so i can purchase my damn PE PA LVL 3 - PC version on pluto. So really I just log on to trade stuff or do the epics. Or try to get 5 slots on every different kind of item that I can use that has a different model. and is the best of that type. 1 more dex level/ 2 more dex levels (1 with PA) and i can throw in my distance 3 and have an almost capped libby >_<

I.e. Pinfire Nailgun, plasma pistol, rapid fire smg, stileto, brass knukles (different models)

Xian
15-11-03, 04:36
Pay for the accounts and be glad you did when you come back.

Counter-Strike will get boring, I promise you that.

Zanathos
15-11-03, 04:38
Ha ha, I played counter strike for 1 hour, and got bored, theres better realistic shooting games out there.

America's Army
Navy Seals - Covert Operations (Quake III mod) www.ns-co.net

Thats really all I play that is realistic.

ericdraven
15-11-03, 04:40
If i get into some beta i'm out of here as well.

This whining community did her job very well, thanks. ;)

QuantumDelta
15-11-03, 04:51
KK set the official line at 3 months.

I don't think they've actually EVER Cleared the old accounts out yet though.

ericdraven
15-11-03, 04:54
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I don't think they've actually EVER Cleared the old accounts out yet though.
According to Thanatos they did not delete any account.. YET.

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 04:56
Originally posted by ericdraven
If i get into some beta i'm out of here as well.

This whining community did her job very well, thanks. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodluck finding a mmorpg with a community that doesn't whine.

Is NC your first mmorpg?

According to Thanatos they did not delete any account.. YET.

Then they should start with you. :p

ericdraven
15-11-03, 04:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
:
Is NC your first mmorpg?

Yes.
Don't tell me it's like this everywhere.. o_O

Zanathos
15-11-03, 04:59
Your always gonna have whiners :p

The world would be perfect if we didnt have "them" :eek:

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 05:01
Yes.

Well NC is my 4th. There's always a whining sector in each community. IMO it's not that bad here........but only due to population.

You should try the UO forums.............omg. I LITERALLY get a slight headache remembering what I went through, heheh. And I wasn't even participating in balance threads. :p

I was always recieving 500 flames in the PK vs Roleplayer threads, by both sides. I was t rying to convince them that their can be a middleground. *snort* :rolleyes:

ericdraven
15-11-03, 05:03
Err... i will go back playing chess... OFFLINE.. :lol:

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 05:04
The Rook is overpowered.

Xian
15-11-03, 05:04
The only reason it seems like the whole community whines here is because it isn't large; just a medium-sized, focused community.

In my opinion these 'whining' threads can occassionally cough up some great ideas, solutions and agreements, albeit them seeming to crop up on some new subject every week or so.

ericdraven
15-11-03, 05:05
The Rook is overpowered.
Hahaha!!

STFU!!!! :D

Zanathos
15-11-03, 05:05
Nah man, the Pawns are overpowered.

ericdraven
15-11-03, 05:22
Then they should start with you. :p
Oooh.. i didn't see this before. You are mean.. :(

However, this will never happen, i will sell my accounts on ebay, finally the people will get decent accounts with fully capped chars and not all those n00b accounts you usually see on ebay. :D

FuzzyDuck
16-11-03, 01:10
Eric - I'll miss you probably more than anything else that the game had to offer. You sold me my first pain easer (for crappy crappy crappy parts) and you funded most of my progress with my characters.

Best of luck if/when you do leave for another game.

Come visit me in the summer.

Shadow Dancer
16-11-03, 01:13
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
Eric - I'll miss you probably more than anything else that the game had to offer.

Come visit me in the summer.

Whoa. :eek:

Go Eric, it's your birthday. Go Eric......... :p

FuzzyDuck
16-11-03, 01:20
I am the drunken munkeh.

I topped off a glass of oringade with 200ccs of gin 43%vol at age 17 at which I don't drink much.

But seriously Eric is one of the nice-est guys in this community and an asset to Neocron and the Uranus server.

Pi-Oh-Pah
16-11-03, 01:21
Yes.

This is my 3rd MMORPG and there will always be bitching to have something nerfed/balanced/removed

ericdraven
16-11-03, 06:52
Go Eric, it's your birthday. Go Eric......... :p
My birthday is on 8th march.

I doubt i will be still around at this time, but - just in case - remember it and send me your presents. :p

Shadow Dancer
16-11-03, 06:53
My birthday is on 8th march.

I doubt i will be still around at this time, but - just in case - remember it and send me your presents. :p

I'll send you a picture of a parashock module. You'll know it's me. LoL

ericdraven
16-11-03, 07:08
I'll send you a picture of a parashock module. You'll know it's me. LoL
Better send me a pic of yourself.. it's still missing in the RL pic thread. :D

NeoChick
16-11-03, 12:03
_________________________________-
bet your get bored quickly with CounterStrike since when I played I found nothing but fucking idiots on all the servers.

ditto, i agree with that

don't give your stuff away, Just stay away for a while and when you get back you will appreciate still having all your stuff and you will find the game exciting again, there really is nothing similar out there

PS not that there are no f....ing idiots on NC too, like the guy I experienced today who stands behind the genrep at MB and shoots anybody that arrives

but the nice people on Nc outweigh the odd f.......ing idiot:)

QuantumDelta
16-11-03, 12:16
The AWP is overpowered :p

FuzzyDuck
16-11-03, 12:46
AWP = newbie stick

I like the MP5 to be honest.

And yes the servers are full of idiots - however they're crap idiots and don't stand a chance against me.

Alex The Great
16-11-03, 14:00
Ak 47 > All

Before they fucked it up =D

Dajuda
16-11-03, 15:26
USP > All

Me > Alex.