PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] World Map Online

-FN-
15-11-03, 00:30
http://community.anarchy-online.com/content/game/notumwars/map/atlantean.html

You can see what the server's online map looks like in AO by visiting their site.

Can we get something like that for our servers? Somewhere on neocron.com have 5 maps showing the current ownerships of the OPs.

Mumblyfish
15-11-03, 01:02
Look at this...

I mean... LOOK at it... (http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/worlds.jsp?action=change_world&worldId=21)

It's what makes Planetside so special. Such a novel idea pity about the bugs and fps problems.

Wouldn't it be great if NC had stats as complex as that?

msdong
15-11-03, 01:18
is it that interesting to see a pic of 24/7 anti CA owning all ops pic ??

edit but ok it would be a nice idea ....

Mumblyfish
15-11-03, 01:27
I know it would encourage me to go and take OPs back.

Especially if they kept track of daily/weekly "winners" (a la Planetside) for pro/anti-city.

Lafiel
24-05-04, 14:08
hel yea awsoime idea

Archeus
24-05-04, 14:21
What would be nice and reasonably easy to do also is link it to mobile phones so it would SMS you if your op was under attack.

FBI
24-05-04, 14:34
I worked on a project to do this for BramTopps neocron launcher, I never finished
the project because I can't keep using my account to login to NC's game world.

1) I'm not paying for a IIS server to host my scripts.
2) I don't trust putting my scripts with my embedded login and pw info to
supply this service publically.

Other than that, my scripts are able to tell the public not only the server stats
like I was supplying the forum, NLpro, and 10 major fansites with (i like to boast
to make believe all my work was worth it, I had my computer running 24/7 to
supply the cgi server stat service, i payed for my nc account so it could work!)

..But like I was saying, my scripts i was working can also login to the game and
retrieve Outposts stats as well as ingame mail, world statistics, and best of all
forum data (which i stopped working on at that point).

I'm sure I could turn all my work into a big fan site dedicated to supplying you
all with the stats you crave so dearly, but it's alot of work.. I don't have the
resources, man power/help, and money to fund these things.

Until I do though, you all can count on me making use of all this work I've done,
I will not put it to waste.

edit: would be much easier for KK to integrate this into their site, hell I could
give them my work and they can take it from there, but atleast give me a free
account just for the services I supply the community with stats.

For example, I can't use my account for the scripts to get these "in game"
stats because I wouldn't be able to play/scripts wont work while i play on
a certain server if it's in progress.

Parad0x -FBI

24-05-04, 14:36
What would be nice and reasonably easy to do also is link it to mobile phones so it would SMS you if your op was under attack.

sad..

Judge
24-05-04, 14:53
I don't see whats sad about it. It would be pretty cool, getting a message from Neocron. Though, I'm a bit of a geek so... :rolleyes:

Archeus
24-05-04, 15:00
sad..

Hardly.. extending the citycom/map/clan stuff to your mobile device or even the web (for out of game users) allows to extend the game and give it a more wow factor.

J. Folsom
24-05-04, 15:06
Could also be a nice extra source of income for KK if they did so.

SMS messages are hot money making. ;)

olavski
24-05-04, 15:39
I would love to see more active info on the Neocron website about the servers, e.g. worldmap, players online and a lot more of that.

:)

Genty
24-05-04, 16:16
The one thing that I was in awe of in Planetside was the map. It is a pritty cool feature that would work in Neocron. On a side note....did'nt Planetside use to have more than 3 servers?.....*coughs and splutters*

MjukisDjur
24-05-04, 16:37
FBI, KK could probably give you an restricted account for this purpose if you present it in a really really good way...

MrDomino
24-05-04, 17:00
Is there anything available for mobile phones? I have a Motorola v400.

ezza
24-05-04, 17:06
it would be nice to see whos ninjaing who while in work :D