PDA

View Full Version : Problem with downloading patch

[D]estructro
14-11-03, 23:04
Hey runners,

I Just reinstalled NC, and now im stuck at patch 160. But I have all patches from 136 to 191.
But it keeps downloading 160, when its finished it crashes.

Jest
14-11-03, 23:05
Delete 159, redownload that, and try again. :)

[D]estructro
14-11-03, 23:17
ah, wasn't that the old thingy? I seem to remeber something now :) thx

[D]estructro
14-11-03, 23:20
same with 186?

Hippieman
14-11-03, 23:23
Da me thinks its same no? Zis problem has not been crackeded by KGB spys in KK HQ's. OO when those pigs come back Stalin will have ze head of all of themzs.

[D]estructro
14-11-03, 23:26
bit of a big file 5mb for retail and 6mb for test server :/

Nidhogg
14-11-03, 23:55
Try downloading the patched Launcher (ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/NeocronLauncher.exe).

N

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 00:00
Do you have to download an updated launcher for test server as well?

Nidhogg
15-11-03, 00:05
That launcher will do for both, and everyone should use that launcher.

N

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 00:08
Do you have to download an updated launcher for test server as well?

[D]estructro
15-11-03, 00:14
It seems I keep missing files that aint on the file download server:

File Check: file 'terrain\terraingfx.dat' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (not critical)
File Check: file 'language\eng\dialog.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\eng\itemdesc.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\eng\text.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\ger\language\eng\dialog.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\ger\language\eng\help.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\ger\language\eng\itemdesc.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
File Check: file 'language\ger\language\eng\text.ini' is corrupt, missing, or has been modified. (critical error!)
Exception created File System Check failed.
Error: File System Check failed.

Maybe somebody can email those ini files to me, if they aint to big.
Thanks

BramTops
15-11-03, 01:02
Originally posted by Nidhogg
That launcher will do for both, and everyone should use that launcher.

N

Yo Nid, what are you doing to me man!!! :D

(just kidding, NLpro doesnt replace/modify your NeocronLauncher.exe)

On topic: I recently had to re-install NC a few times (damn beta's). Took me half an hour to "remember" that I had to update the launcher before patching.. ;)

Here's a hint: Install Neocron from scratch. Patch it. Go inside and configure everything. Modify INI's if needed (RPOS for example). Make sure everything WORKS and then: make a nice ZIP/RAR/Whatever of your directory. Everytime you f#ck up your installation, you can just delete the entire Neocron directory and unzip from your backup and you're instantly good to go! (Backing up/restoring 1.4Gb takes some time, but still is faster that having to everything over and over again)