PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online (xbox live)

Furion
14-11-03, 22:08
I read some reviews and stuff about this game, i think it looks awesome, has anyone actually tried it? opinions plz :)

Mingerroo
14-11-03, 22:11
A couple of my mates swear by it, they are XBox lovers and absolutely adore Phantasy Star Online, I too think it looks pretty funky. You should definitely check it out IMO.

Mingoo

Xian
14-11-03, 22:12
PSO was a brilliant game when I played it online on the Dreamcast, if it's the same I'm sure it'll be a very enjoyable experience.

Lethys
14-11-03, 22:13
I loved the Dreamcast version, at least until the 1337 h4x0rs came and ruined it for everyone.

I have the xbox version, but I don't really want to pay the monthly fee, so I'll probably just use up the 2 month free trial.

Zanathos
14-11-03, 22:14
Phantasy Star 4 = OWN

Lethys
14-11-03, 22:17
If you are willing to pay the monthly fee (i think it costs the same as NC), then I would definitely recommend it. If not, there's a lot of other great xbox live games already out or coming out before xmas, such as XIII, Rainbow Six 3, CS, RTCW, Ghost Recon, Amped 2 and Project Gotham 2.

And if it's an RPG you want, get SW:KOTOR unless you already have it.

Scikar
14-11-03, 22:22
I've played it with a friend on GameCube, he got fed up and doesn't play any more after hackers wiped the whole of one of his memory cards, including other games, and another memory card lost all 4 PSO chars he had on it.

Furion
14-11-03, 22:57
Yay, 1337 h4x0rs in PSO also :\

i think im gonna try this game.

If you are willing to pay the monthly fee

ill just cancel my PlanetSide acc :p

Shockwave
14-11-03, 23:45
Originally posted by Zanathos
Phantasy Star 4 = OWN

PS 4 was good - the combo attacks you could do were a brilliant touch. Preferred PS 2 though - the bit where Nei died was a real kicker. :)

Not tried PSO yet. A mate of mine did and wasn't that impressed. Then again, he's more of a Tekken/DOA/Soul Calibur man.

Edit: PS3 wasn't that impressive, though. :(
Edit 2: Thinking about it, doesn't FFXI have a combo attack system?

Lethys
14-11-03, 23:51
Originally posted by Furion
Yay, 1337 h4x0rs in PSO also :\

There won't be hackers in the xbox version, part of the monthly fee goes towards the high security that microsoft and sega are putting on the game.

Basically, in PSO you can't target other players. However, in the Dreamcast version, some hackers found a way to make other players be classed as mobs, so they could attack them, kill them and steal their items. Of course Sega banned them, but they hacked the admin and removed the bans. In the end there was really nothing that could be done, and that's what killed the game. :(

Sanch0s
14-11-03, 23:56
PSO owned on dreamcast!!!!!!! I dunno what its like on Xbox but if its anything like dreamcast it will be good!

Ren
15-11-03, 00:15
Is Project Gotham Racing 2 out? omg i'm so going to buy it.

(i mean in the UK)

Lethys
15-11-03, 00:18
Originally posted by Ren
Is Project Gotham Racing 2 out? omg i'm so going to buy it.

(i mean in the UK)

Nope, still another 2 weeks :(

Amped 2 is out today, and XIII next week (unless it gets delayed AGAIN)

Vid Gamer
15-11-03, 00:47
Originally posted by Furion
I read some reviews and stuff about this game, i think it looks awesome, has anyone actually tried it? opinions plz :)

If you never played the PSO on DC, you will be hooked.

The Xbox version is a lot better with voice support, however if PSO was your life on the DC (like mine) then you will probably get bored after a while. I canceled my account once I was level 80.

Mingerroo
15-11-03, 01:02
OK. So I'm writing this MORPG, and it just occurred to me that some pike bast*rds are gonna try their best to break me... How the hell did they break into the DC servers though? They can't even be based on a normal PC OS. o_O I am now worried for my poor server's life. :(

Mingoo

Scikar
15-11-03, 01:49
DC servers can be hacked from PCs, I can't remember which OS it is behind the DC but I always thought it was some variant of Windows. But I do know that when Quake 3 was released on DC, they had DC only servers initially so that the DC players could get a bit of practice before playing against PC users, but the DC servers were hacked and some PC guys joined em and slaughtered everyone.

WithSlitWrists
15-11-03, 01:51
it's ok but there are already way too many hacked items in the game you get bored of it after awhile...and as for SW:KOTOR that game sucks...it is way too short.

boneybob
15-11-03, 01:56
oooh, iv got PSO episodes 1&2 for the GameCube

I would recomend it to any one, its a very refreshing type of game but as stated above , over long periouds of time it dose get "slightly" repetative [compleate the game on normal -> compleate the game on hard -> compleate the game on ultimaite "forgot what the last difficulty setting is"]

Still, i think its an exclent game, it costs about as much as NC (unfortunaite considering the old PSO was free online on the DreamCast)
I would however be a little more worried that after what happend to the free DC PSO migh happen again with the GameCube and X-Box versions of the game whilst played online.

You dont have to go online to enjoy it any way, it has a nice little (slighly pants) plot and missions to follow in single player, and you can play with your m8s on the GameCube version (but without the missions) , you can have 4 players on it, But the GameCube dose encounter Slow-Down (like lag just without internet) with all 4 players doing some serious game play

Get it m8

its a wicked game :D

BB

Vid Gamer
15-11-03, 03:27
Originally posted by WithSlitWrists
and as for SW:KOTOR that game sucks...it is way too short.

If you rush through once, then yeah, but there are many, many hours of playtime with KotOR if you try to accomplish everything and explore.

Nvidia
15-11-03, 07:17
This game's been out for a long time now on X-box. Let me just tell you a little story...

There once was a exploit... it was in the DC version. When they created the X-box version, they left the exploit in. Now, this exploiit allowed you to clone up to 29 items at once... and only took about 3 minutes to do each time. After nearly a month of this cloning, which btw, everyone knew how to do from the many room sessions with the master dupers teaching the noobies how to hack, Microsoft finally released a patch to fix this. With all the cloning, the economy is ruined, the very best rares that took literally hundreds of hours to find were all over the server.

The economy is fucked in that game. It's why I canceled my account :( Nothing meant anything to anyone. It's sad, because it was an amazingly addicting game. Got my character to level 79 before I decided it wasn't worth playing anymore. The hacking situation everywhere is getting worse and worse.

Mingerroo
15-11-03, 11:26
Why haven't they got a bloody item tracking system? It is the most common way to stop duping :S and has been in games as far back as Diablo and Diablo 2. o_O

Mingoo

Ren
15-11-03, 16:13
woo Gotham Racing 2 is released on the 28th! my 19th birthday, should be good for a laugh with some mates before i cant walk......