PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmanship, or lack thereof

Xero49
14-11-03, 18:10
Why is it that 90% of the people that play this game are sore losers. It seems that no matter what happens when they get beat they start telling you how much you suck or start coming up with lame excuses for getting beat. Almost nobody ever says "Nice fight youre good." Or "Man youve got some skill."

All you see is "Nice poison noob." Or "Im bugged." Everyone knows the countless excuses and insults. People will even go as far as denying that you beat them, or stating exaggerated combat acheivements that are obviously not true.

Why dont you idiots try being a bit more......sportsmanlike? I think it would improve gameplay overall for everyone. I'm so sick of stupid direct message battles over who is better. Use your fist and not your mouth.

And next time someone wrecks your ass, either dont say anything or say "Your good wanna duel in NF?" Or "Wanna have a rematch?" Dont say "You suck i own you lucky bastard."

Zanathos
14-11-03, 18:20
I mostly just bitch when assholes team you, kill you, take your belt.

Or kill you while dealing with mobs of high level, specially when its multiple mobs.

Or kill you right out of a GR where your mostly defenceless.

SnotNosedBrat
14-11-03, 18:25
agree with ya

If i die i respawn, get poked if i need it to use weapon and go back looking for the person

90% of the time you PK someone though you get DMed with a bunch of crap

Which is why unless the 1 guy i talk to on DM is on, I mute DM when i go PKing.

Duels- I stick to clanmates as duels are basically useless in the scheme of things, cept for some fun.

Op fights is more what i focus on. And the only bitching there is Harvey over trade channel whining about us dropping turrets right on top of him :lol:

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 18:30
I agree xer0. Usually when I lose fair and square I say "ARGH, :p" or I say nothing. I did make excuses once or twice, I admit it. :p

Anyways, I remember one time when me and my ppu beat a bunch of people and one of them DMed me saying "my god, that was so embarassing :(". lol, at least he admitted it. :p

But yea, turning to insults is lame.

Jest
14-11-03, 18:36
For me personally I try and never talk any smack. I let my skill (or lack thereof) do all the talking. The more shit you talk and the bigger your ego gets, the more a person can shove it in your face when you fall. There are some exceptions where I've opened my big mouth but I usually regret it.

I actually hate ALL post battle talk on the global channels. Even if it starts with "good fight" people always try to throw in little jabs at the other team. "Yah we did good with those odds." "We did pretty good for having so less monks than you." Stuff like that.

And if some one doesn't do good against me I won't patronize them and tell them "good fight." I respect my enemy too much for that. If they truly fought well against me then I will be the first to tell them. Though I don't usually even talk when I lose, I'm too busy being pissed at what I did wrong or how I can improve my skills/setup. ;)

enablerbr
14-11-03, 18:39
hmmm... sportsmanship & NC don't mix. too many lamers using lamer tatics. too many killing while opponents are at a huge disadvantage. its bit like saying, win a 100metre race using drugs and moaning at the other runners for being bad sports.

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 18:46
Originally posted by Jest

And if some one doesn't do good against me I won't patronize them and tell them "good fight." I respect my enemy too much for that.

YES! :lol:

I stopped doing that because I felt it was rude. One time I said "good fight" and the guy said "stfu".

:lol:

Ark
14-11-03, 18:49
hmm, ya i think ill stop saying gf lol.

oh ya shadow check our forums nub :cool:

ezza
14-11-03, 18:50
hmm dunno, tbh if i kill some one and there gave a good fight or whatever i often DM them tell it was good, and normally they respond well to that no cursing or nothing, normally have a laugh.

hell i got killed at my apartment by a evil TG apu, i directed the guy and had a laugh with him, i found it funny.

sure i wasnt happy about dying, but it still made me laugh.

some people need to grow up and learn that there not all powerful and l33t etc

Jest
14-11-03, 18:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

I stopped doing that because I felt it was rude. One time I said "good fight" and the guy said "stfu".

:lol: Hahaha yah exactly.

SnotNosedBrat
14-11-03, 18:54
thats why i stick to duels with clanmates :O

other situations your almost always catching the person unaware/unready so the 1-2 shots you get in is enough to seal the deal basically - not really a good fight, although it may be funny to say good fight to someone after being ganked???

Only problems i have ever had is a few TG, but mainly the immature ones whom you would stereotype as the "joined TG because its strong", and FA - but when your home is a 24/7 pking grounds for us i guess i would be upset too. I am sure plenty of people in TT and City factions bitch as well, they just aren't enemies so i wouldn't know.

ezza
14-11-03, 18:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

:lol:

well maybe that guy was a asshole

arghh the 60 second post ruling is doing my head in today:mad: :mad: :mad:

REMUS
14-11-03, 18:55
i'll definately say nub or moan when i beat them if its not a duel and they randomly attack me when im not ready, or if they have a ppu/team gank me.

On pluto at fight night everyone ends a fight with a "gf" or "nice skillz" and analysise how one of them lost or how close it was.

i hardly ever dm ppl that manage kill me or dm ppl that i kill, the only person i have a severe dislikeing to is nexx and thats only cuz he likes to buy parts for 750k that i want :(

overall xero i would just ignore it, if you beat them in a fair enviroment then you won, if you consisntanly beat them ina fair enviroment your better than them, simple as that really :)

juvestar15
14-11-03, 18:57
*Player A hands Player B 10 stamina booster 2s*
*Fight begins, Player A wins*
*Player B says "dam ran outta stamina, i would have beaten you, bye i have to log"*

REMUS
14-11-03, 18:59
well he might of only put one stamina booster in his belt?

CkVega
14-11-03, 19:00
I tend to get killed alot in PvP (I suck), but I usually DM the person who killed me to tell then "nice fight" etc. I belive this kind of courtesy helps to keep the game in perspective (in that it is just a game and its nothing personal). If I beat someone in PvP (very rarely happens :( ) I don't tend to DM them unless its someone I know.

juvestar15
14-11-03, 19:03
Originally posted by REMUS
well he might of only put one stamina booster in his belt?

"ran out" meaning all 10 gone, truly amazing.

REMUS
14-11-03, 19:08
that is pretty amazing i have to admit, although i would tend to say you are either over exaggerateing or this didnt really happen :p

juvestar15
14-11-03, 19:11
Originally posted by REMUS
that is pretty amazing i have to admit, although i would tend to say you are either over exaggerateing or this didnt really happen :p

You under estimate the stupidity of some players. The person i was fighting thought i was a noob. I got some screenshots of a story he was telling me. It was so outrageous, i can't believe he thought someone would believe him.

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 19:15
The only time I talked tons of shit was when I beat escape at crp. That's because he kept flaming me and saying I was a loser that couldn't get laid. Man, we really hate each other. He's actually one of the few tanks on pluto that make my heart race in a fight too. :p

Lenard
14-11-03, 19:47
Its not even the loosers that are sore, alot of the times its also the winners.

Like alot of the times when I would attack someone and end up having to run away the person i attacked would send me 10+ lines of txt telling me how much I sucked.

I was like omg :(

I was like I'LL GET YOU SOME DAY!!!

-FN-
14-11-03, 19:53
Tis why I don't DM and 90% of the time won't even reply to DMs :p

But you want a sore loser, go look up the account hacker :lol: he's at the head of the sore loser line.

g0rt
14-11-03, 20:08
Maybe if you got some skills people would recognize it.

Anyway the one time ive seen you die on Saturn you had so many excuses it was rediculous, so you're really one to talk.

Doc Holliday
14-11-03, 21:47
some people just gotta let of some steam guys :p

i got a message one time over clan chat sayin a bunch of dudes were pking in the crp caves :wtf: so we in we went in killed all 3 of em in there ( chased em out the caves weeeeee no sl hits )

i got a dm goin loooooooooooooooooooooooooool????? and a nother dm 2 mins after going ok i will translate. Like i bothered to reply in the first place :lol:

TheDuckMan
14-11-03, 22:05
I've had many problems like that. :(

It sucks rly, the last to clans i joined rezz killed and everything and so I get out of it. And they talk $h|t on me everytime i try to use the trade channle. Some people arent rly nice in this game anymore. I am gonna try TG and see how that turns out. But ya i totally agree. This game has no sportsmanship in it.

PS. If you ever loose a fight. Dont ever say anything not even good fight. Ppl will make fun of you forever. Trust me. :(

ezza
14-11-03, 22:57
Originally posted by TheDuckMan

PS. If you ever loose a fight. Dont ever say anything not even good fight. Ppl will make fun of you forever. Trust me. :(

they can make fun for all i care, 90% of the people in this game mean nothing to me so i dont care.

mind you if someones been talking smack to me, then im gonna sex em up real good once the scum hits the dirt

/e sex sex sex sex sex etc etc etc:D

ichinin
14-11-03, 22:59
Sportmanship in NC? Hahaha...

NC is the best online game i've played it has all the cool futuristic stuff i want to play with, the problem i face is LAME LOOSERS who think they own the server and that everyone else is a NPC.

I start chipping away on a WB, Some buttholes show up, you tell them to stay away from that WB, they attack anyway, then they come boohooing on the forums:

-"OMG OMG LE HAXX0RED OUR WB, NERF THE LE ..Bla bla bla.. (and so on) ". if i do more than 51% damage == it's my shit to hack, i'm not sharing even a fscking Hydraulic part with you!

I did not ask you to start shooting the WB, there is a bloody big desert filled with at least 50+ spawnpoints for warbots so i see no reason why some go for WBs already heading for my recycler tool.

Oh? Wondering why i'm keeping LE in? That reason has already been mentioned in this thread; Immaturity and stupidity of most players; I now know EXACTLY why someone said:

"Morrowind IS like a MMORPG; The NPC's are just as smart as the average MMORPGer"

Cheers and Kudos to you honest players.

-FN-
14-11-03, 23:28
Man, if Morrowind was an MMORPG, I would be THERE :D

KRIMINAL99
15-11-03, 02:12
100% agree... In real life being a bad sport is looked down upon so noone does it. But in Neocron its always been encouraged by the volunteer gm staff, thus ruining the competitive enviornment. (The equivalent of the ref's in the Neocron world which irl would tell you to "SIT DOWN AND SHUTUP CRYBABY" if you brought some panzy bs like people do here to them)

If someone looses then they just make up some excuse, lie about their level, they used to page gms and complain about it and the gm would tell them stuff like, "Don't worry about that looser... theres nothing we can do but something will be done about that sooner or later" So people thought they could get somewhere by being immature, whining and making excuses so they did that instead of being good sports and adapting to get better.

Now the pvp in the game has been and probably will be ruined more and more every patch because of lack of understanding of human nature. And then retards go say stuff like "PVP based games will never be succesful" after they are the ones that ruined it with their crappy attitudes.

FuzzyDuck
15-11-03, 02:17
OMG STFU I PWN0RZ j0000000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one-hundred and one

OMFG j00 0N1Y G0T M3 B3C0Z 1 W0Z BUGGED SO STFU UP YOU n00b AND GO PL4Y E4RTH AND B3Y0ND OR SUM CREABAER GMAE LKIE TAHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

j00 SUCKS I PWN0RIZE j00!!!!!!!!111111

SypH
15-11-03, 02:38
I dont PvP (I try to avoid it anyway....) since I deleted my monk and started 2 new characters. Even wiht my high level monk I didnt PvP much but I always remember the fight I had with some members of my old clan against some black dragon runners at the OZ station. There was alot of zone hopping, poisoning and dirty tricks (here Mr APU....have a pistol 1 boost....lol) but it was a great fight and I really enjoyed it, and made a point of thanking the BD runners when I had to leave. I've never had such a good fight since, and its a shame I cant remember the names of those guys=/

ichinin
15-11-03, 20:10
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Morrow36
15-11-03, 20:16
lately i've had nice long freindly talks with ppl i pked, or ppl that pked me... talked about the game and such... i hate when ppl get pissed, its just a game.

Cyphor (Ash)
16-11-03, 14:36
I'm a pretty good sport about dying, since I'm a total and utter n00b (And will be forever by the looks of it :X) and probably couldn't lay a finger on anyone. Besides, I hardly carry anything worthwhile with me to make it too much to worry over, and I can always go up to the offending person with nothing at all on me and just punch them until they get annoyed and kill me again... Then I wash, rinse, repeat. More often than not the person who keeps killing me starts to ignore me or just gets annoyed, which is as good as a win for me ;)

Oh, and if it's not someone trying to grief, I nearly always congratulate them :)

Furion
16-11-03, 14:46
usually i dont whine when i get killed, but sometimes i just have to. STORY TIME!!:

few days ago i went sniping at MB, me being a SH weilding spy.

i saw this red SL CM tank, so i started shooting. he hid of course,

but i wanted the "loot" so i ran up close and started shooting.

what surprised me now, was that instead of fighting back, he just

ran away. i returned to my sniping, but minutes later,

the tank comes back with a PPU and another tank. that really

winds me up. the original tank could have killed me in 2 bursts if

he tried, but he went for backup....

•Super|\|ova•
16-11-03, 15:20
Depends... but usually I talk with the enemy high ranks after the battle. I understand if they are pissed off at first (nagging about the holy para or such) so I won't start mouthing off back to them. Losing isn't fun. But usually after few minutes things calm down and behave like gentlemen... ofcourse there are few exceptions.

I like to keep my enemies close since we have to deal with them all the time. And why should I turn it into sensless mouthing off and flaming and laming :) There are alot of my enemies out there that I respect.

Ofcourse there are the assholes aswell. The ones who answer you "fuck off n00b wanker!" when you DM them and thank for the good fight o_O I don't think these ppl actually realize that most of us just want to have a good fight no matter who gets the hold of the OP. They probably think I DM them "Thanks for the good fight... are you coming back?" just to annoy them. Well, anyways, some people still answer the typical "fuck off german asshole" or such but I usually ignore them.