PDA

View Full Version : PPU Rez thingy

CkVega
14-11-03, 16:13
IMO, the whole "nerf the rez spell" thing is entirely the wrong way of looking at it. What I think is needed is way of forcing someone to GR.
So here is what I propose:

A GenRep beacon device which when fired at a corpse causes the corpse to GR to the corpses primary appartment. This tool could come in a variety of Tech Levels. The TL of the tool would dictate how long it would take to cause the GR to happen (from say 45 seconds for the lowest TL tool to 10 seconds for the highest). Whats more, I belive that this tool should be for Spys to use (perhaps PEs could use the lower TL ones like they do with Stealth tools) with requirements around the same levels as stealth activators.

Any comments/further suggestions?

Lanigav
14-11-03, 16:30
Its a good idea in theory, but I think it might be too abuseable. Last thing I or anyone else needs is some dork pking in the Chaos Caves and forcing us to GR back to our apartments.

WebShock
14-11-03, 16:30
i dont necessarily think that i support this idea but legthening the holy ressurection cast time is a very stupid idea brought about by whiners.

the holy parashock nerfs are awesome. i being a ppu agree 100%. the rez thing, shit its long as it is. why make it worse?
the paraspam was the real problem. not making holy ressurection last a lifetime.

thank you whiners. you got what you wanted. now kinda shut the fuck up.

El_MUERkO
14-11-03, 16:31
As i understand it Callash said the mana increase is a bug. Making polls about it might be a bit early considering the patch hasnt even gone to retail.

ezza
14-11-03, 16:31
have to go with Lanigav on this one

in idea its ok, but to easy to abuse.

if people want to lie there for hours let them, plenty of sexing for them;)

CkVega
14-11-03, 16:35
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
As i understand it Callash said the mana increase is a bug. Making polls about it might be a bit early considering the patch hasnt even gone to retail.

Ahh, sorry my fault, I kinda included the testserver option as it is a hot topic atm, but my main point is some sort of anti-rez capability being added to the game and if anyone else would support something like that being added.

garyu69
14-11-03, 16:40
I would like to see a time limit in which once killed they have to be rezzed before the time is up.

Someone had mentioned before about it being a case of the body has been dead too long and has shutdown completly meaning Rez imppossible.

Then they would have to GR back :)

well thats my idea

Archeus
14-11-03, 16:42
APU anti-rez spell which takes just slightly longer then a rez spell. Bounces the dead person back to thier primary apartment.

CkVega
14-11-03, 16:44
Originally posted by Archeus
APU anti-rez spell which takes just slightly longer then a rez spell. Bounces the dead person back to thier primary apartment.

:( nooooooooooooo not a spell for monks, a tool for spys.. ;)

ghandisfury
14-11-03, 16:52
I've been trying to argue this for the last 2 months. There isn't a problem with rez the way it is now....there just needs to be a counter for it. Give it to spies or PE (definately not monks) so you have solved two problems.

ONE: a team with 5 PPU monks might actually lose to a team with 5 spies/PEs. Which makes monks still extreamly usefull/neccessary in battle.

TWO: PEs/Spies have a very good reason to show up to battle.

You sure you didn't take this from one of my hundred threads on the subject?:p

CkVega
14-11-03, 16:58
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I've been trying to argue this for the last 2 months. There isn't a problem with rez the way it is now....there just needs to be a counter for it. Give it to spies or PE (definately not monks) so you have solved two problems.

ONE: a team with 5 PPU monks might actually lose to a team with 5 spies/PEs. Which makes monks still extreamly usefull/neccessary in battle.

TWO: PEs/Spies have a very good reason to show up to battle.

You sure you didn't take this from one of my hundred threads on the subject?:p

Thievery? Me? With my reputation? :p
Pure coincidence! :)

The main reason I see for this being a Spy thing is that its all about the Genrep technology, technology being the thing which spys are best at.

ghandisfury
14-11-03, 16:59
Originally posted by CkVega
Thievery? Me? With my reputation? :p
Pure coincidence! :)

The main reason I see for this being a Spy thing is that its all about the Genrep technology, technology being the thing which spys are best at.

HEHE:lol:

I would wrather it be called "surgical device".....and give a screan that would show you removing the heart of the dead body. WEEEEE....

\\Fényx//
14-11-03, 17:03
personally i think melee tanks should get this option, not spies or PE's as they have MORE THAN enough toys compared to tanks, make it melee tank, basically the melee tank cuts up the corpse so theres no point in rezzing as it's all in a puddle of goo :p :lol: forcing them to GR to main apt

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 17:09
rofl...
RoF nerf is the only thing that would make me think about casting rezz, same with the other ppus.

Cast time is up to 12 seconds, it might be a LITTLE extreme, since I'm used to 6, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Once more I point out that SI After rezz isn't effective for a number of reasons.

Archeus
14-11-03, 17:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
personally i think melee tanks should get this option, not spies or PE's as they have MORE THAN enough toys compared to tanks, make it melee tank, basically the melee tank cuts up the corpse so theres no point in rezzing as it's all in a puddle of goo :p :lol: forcing them to GR to main apt

Yes melee tanks. Maybe some kind of knife that causes the body to loose its form when whacked enough. So after about 10 seconds whacking the corpse they end up in thier apartment.