PDA

View Full Version : curse of the apu monk ?

greploco
14-11-03, 11:58
odd, I have 2 new chars, each is quite similar rank

a rifle spy and an apu monk

both have a static rank of about 45 and dynamic rank a bit less than that. the spy is using the top fusion rifle and the monk is using energy beam. the spy could use PEaser but I took out some dex imps in favor of targeting imps.

with the spy I get huge amounts of rares from warbots - on average a bit less than one rare per warbot. something between 1.0 and .5

with the apu monk I get about 1 rare for every 10 warbots, no that's not an exaggeration

hmm, the rifle is TL 85 and the spell is TL 87

I do know that once you are uber the rare count seems to drop a bit, but these guys are pretty similar.

if this continues like this the apu monk won't be able to gather much at all.

oh well, just thought it was interesting.

garyu69
14-11-03, 12:05
doesn't it go on Combat rank?

I haven't tested it but was told once that the lower your combat rank is the more likley you will get good drops.

Stigmata
14-11-03, 12:13
I dont beleive the drop rate is really effected by rank, unless of cource you have a rank of 127/** (hybrid)

My APU who is 66/** still gets a decent amount of parts, although i would say the drop rate may be effected y the speed in which u kill a mob.

Typically my APU can take a WB down in less than 5 seconds.

My Pe could take one down in maybe 20-30 seconds and drop rate on my PE was or seemed higher.

Andy

Morris
14-11-03, 12:13
My rifle spy has 79 combat rank and I still get decent rare drops most of the time. I do recall them being better when I had 40-ish rank but it's not like they're horrid right now.

Candaman
14-11-03, 12:15
my apu combat 81*** still gets about a average of 1 a bot

Wellard
14-11-03, 12:20
my 60/60 ** apu gets 1 rare drop every 5 or 6 wb/titan killed, usually hunting at f08

(nice cover from house when things get too rough) :D

think the figure goes up a little when I hunt at i08 with a small team.

is a pattern emerging? cant be arsed to do the maths ;)

greploco
14-11-03, 12:20
hmm, I think there isn't anything extrordinarily high about the psi monks combat rank --- ok, just checked

monk is 46 / 47 and spy is 43 / 46

greploco
14-11-03, 12:22
and yes, though the monk is not quick - it's easily less than 1/2 the time of the spy

ericdraven
14-11-03, 12:29
As long as you don't exceed the mobs rank the loot remains the same, regardless of your rank.