PDA

View Full Version : SWG failing?

Glok
14-11-03, 07:11
I just don't know really, since Gotter closed all the relevant threads. http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81923

Let's look at the description for English Community Chat.

Community Talk (English)
Discuss about Neocron, other MMORPGs, movies, community issues and other off topic stuff.

Oh dear.

Torteth
14-11-03, 07:13
Whilst I dont think that what Gotterdamarung did was right, I do think that deliberatly making ANOTHER thread, thus taking up space, bandwidth and mods time is not the correct thing to do.
Get a life...
EDIT: Go talk about SWG on mmorpg.com's forums, or somewhere where people actually care about it. Right now, I, along with most other people here, want to talk about NEOCRON...

Glok
14-11-03, 07:14
I have a life man. I'm just trying to make a point.

[edit] And. I think discussing the competition is healthy.

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 07:15
Are we going to have a forum full of these before Nid turns up with the banstick tomorrow?

Gotter has the perogative to close the thread if he likes but generally speaking I think you're right...

....Uhm...

I personally think he means well, he did try, considering he added a link to the site.

since their forums are not viewable and you can't tell that without closer inspection it's not really his fault...
I would personally say spec could check out a fansite instead..

If you have a complaint, take it up with Nid.

I don't think this is all that serious though :/

Torteth
14-11-03, 07:15
Ahhh, sorry, I mistook your "making a point" for "bored and trolling...."
Must be my mistake...

Glok
14-11-03, 07:21
Just to be sure. I fully back Neocron above all other MMORPGs. I'm not trolling.

Gotterdammerung
14-11-03, 07:24
I reitterate my point in other threads, you will better served informationally if you visit a SWG fan and/or official site. I take the original posters request seriously therefore thats why I provided a link as I firmly believe that you will be hard pressed to find an honest, objective opinion on the site of another competing game. 3 posts were closed, you saw fit to open one of your own and now open this one. In the end it serves you no purpose to continue to push and you are very aware that forum rules & guidelines don't permit this spamming you are resorting to. As I said in a pervious post

"Please try and avail yourself of the PM & E-mail function instead of making a thread. It's much easier and can often avoid unwanted situations like this.'

and if you have any issues with how the forum is moderated please pm and/or e-mail odin or nid

Glok
14-11-03, 07:29
You got a PM Gotter.

Psycho_Soldier
14-11-03, 07:35
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
I reitterate my point in other threads, you will better served informationally if you visit a SWG fan and/or official site. I take the original posters request seriously therefore thats why I provided a link as I firmly believe that you will be hard pressed to find an honest, objective opinion on the site of another competing game. 3 posts were closed, you saw fit to open one of your own and now open this one. In the end it serves you no purpose to continue to push and you are very aware that forum rules & guidelines don't permit this spamming you are resorting to. As I said in a pervious post

"Please try and avail yourself of the PM & E-mail function instead of making a thread. It's much easier and can often avoid unwanted situations like this.'

and if you have any issues with how the forum is moderated please pm and/or e-mail odin or nid

Well as the first post on this thread was made... you are allowed to talk about other MMORPGs... unless I am a retard and just can't read right, which is of course not the case. Now... because you think that it would be better to join a fansite of this MMORPG does that mean that people still can't talk about MMORPGs? Or only ones without forums? Why not just delete that part of description of community talk saying you can talk about other MMORPG's. You will probably say I am questioning you as a moderator but I still think it is something the community needs answered. Will moderators allow talking about other MMORPGs? Or is the Community Talk description a lie?

Glok
14-11-03, 07:41
I guess I better make something clear. The users of this particular forum, I value much more highly than most other forums. I think an opinion from someone here on another MMORPG is quite a bit more valuable that the fanboyish shit you see on that MMORPGs 'official' forums. I'm not quite sure why this is so, but maybe the moderation is part of it. Competition threads are removed almost immediately on other forums, but not this one. I don't wish that to change. :(

juvestar15
14-11-03, 07:44
So what is your SWG question?

If there isn't a question then this thread is discussing forums rules, so it should be shut. :D

Drake6k
14-11-03, 07:45
Off topic threads are ok...

But threads that could be in a better place should be closed.
There are much better places to ask about SWG than the Neocron forums. If the question was "What do you guys think of swg" it would be different. Asking what level everyones SWG character is for example should be deleted.....

Making a million threads questioning the forum rules instead of using PM is going to get you banned and I hope it does. Mods are "above the law"... live with it.

Glok
14-11-03, 07:50
Blah. Ok, I'm sorry. But still, the Community Talk 'topics' should be changed if threads like Spectra's aren't allowed, don't you think?

Originally posted by Drake6k
Making a million threads questioning the forum rules instead of using PM is going to get you banned and I hope it does. Thanks a bunch. It was 2 threads. :(

Gotterdammerung
14-11-03, 07:52
"Will moderators allow talking about other MMORPGs? Or is the Community Talk description a lie?"

It's actually a vast conspiracy to stifle all the voices of everyone, everyplace on the planet and slowly subvert them into mindless slavery.

Ok, seriously & all joking aside I think it's safe to say you already know the answer because i couldn't have stated any clearer what my motives were. The forums have & always will be a place where discussion is always open, however forum moderation rules & guidlines allow a moderator discression in what they close, If none were allowed then someone would somehow find ways to argue that every post ever made, no matter how inane was not against "the forum rules". So we, as moderators take each topic on a post by post basis and go forward from there.

I think that should be an adequate answer and is probably as "official" as you are gonna get, but as always, if you have any issues with how the forum is moderated please feel free to pm/e-mail nid or odin

Glok
14-11-03, 07:58
I bet I would be banned now if Gotter had that power. :(

Seriously, I just thought the forum description allowed it, so I was questioning it. Although I guess it should have been in PM (which I sent, btw).

Anyways, sorry for wasting everyone's time, I'm a tad drunk. (Alchohol is the spice of life, yanno...)

Lanigav
14-11-03, 09:20
As a forum moderator and administrator of two other message forums, I think the best thing to do would be to split this forum into two. One for Neocron discussion only, and the other for off-topic stuff only. Would definetely do the forums good IMO.

Nidhogg
14-11-03, 13:19
This thread looks to be a re-opening of a thread which was itself a complaint and informal re-opening of another.

Glok, if you check the rules you'll find that's enough to earn you a vacation. I'm not going to take it any further but please remember to PM either myself or Odin if you wish to make a comment on board's moderation in future. Thanks.

As for this thread, public discussion of the moderators, their decisions or the moderator system in general is not allowed.

N