PDA

View Full Version : A little Preview of Tech Haven

ezza
14-11-03, 02:36
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/th.jpg

in light of the recent threads going around here though id post that shot from test sever.

the TH bots have got a new weapon, kinda has the feel of a copbot rifle but nowhere near as damaging.

still was interesting to see, its strange the effect seems to appear on the bot rather than on me.

but the damage has been increased on there weapon.

so all you FA can perhaps start breathing easier

(well you could if there was a few more of them about anyway:lol: )

anyway just though id give you non test server users a little shot of the TH security:)

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 02:40
Any chance of a pic of the new merc guards? :)

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 02:44
Merc guards use TSGs now.

FYI TH NPCs are still by far the weakest Faction Dudes out of the ones I've seen.

TH Sec bot;
3x38 vs BD Guard.

CA NPC;
212x4 vs TH Sec bot ..................

Thanatos was taking notes though so i'd hope it gets fixed.

ezza
14-11-03, 02:47
yeah they are still weak but there a lot better now than before.

and yeah gimma min and ill give you a pic of the merc guards

Edit: heres the CM guys
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/cm.jpg

oh and dont mess with biotech cos those guys are packing some serious muscle now;)
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/bio.jpg

Ascension
14-11-03, 02:56
! thing.. This isnt final Apollo was testing em in Plaza 1 and the BD guard is way over powered and the CM guard misses 2 much:(

ezza
14-11-03, 02:58
Originally posted by Ascention
! thing.. This isnt final Apollo was testing em in Plaza 1 and the BD guard is way over powered and the CM guard misses 2 much:(

yeah i know it aint final, they have to test them, hence it being on the test server;) however just felt like showing them off:p keeps the chins of the FA runners up before the next TT/BD/CS raid comes

Ascension
14-11-03, 03:00
Lol yup:p But the damn CM guards look shit tbh:confused:

The Gatt just dont look righto_O just does fit the character model:lol:

ezza
14-11-03, 03:02
tbh ive never liked the CM guard clothing, just looked crap and that hat they were, well just plain silly, wish they would give them a new uniform or something

oh and give the BD guards the terminator not the pain easer

Rade
14-11-03, 03:04
The gatlin cannon model always looked like shit, its small, fugly
and doesnt make sense. Remove the gatlin rifle (gatlin rifle?
hello? who toked up and found that viable?) and use that model
for the gatlin cannon instead, because thats a sweet looking
model.

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 03:12
Indeed, as per Arnie in T2. 'OMG!! he's got a minigun!!!'

gostly
14-11-03, 03:58
the TH bot a gm spawned in PP was shooting the same thing as the doy defense units...still wasnt powerful enough tho...

Sorin
14-11-03, 04:08
8| 8| :eek: :eek: @ Biotech guards.

Were it not for the drawn out warnings, you wouldn't get halfway down the hall to the noob NPCs in the back with the 4 CS weilding level 120 tanks (someone on test server forum said that's the new rank of faction guards) in the front section. OWNAGE.

And I think their weapons make more sense now. Instead of being tanks with plasma pistols (not very spectacular ones at that) they are tanks with Cursed Souls. Nice.

No more leveling in Biotech, what with a pair of 120/120 tanks throwing an utterly capped CS at you. :wtf: Not to mention the two more farther in.

Jest
14-11-03, 09:20
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
FYI TH NPCs are still by far the weakest Faction Dudes out of the ones I've seen.
. Yah really the main use of the TH bots are the sound they make. If they are shooting at some one and you cant see what they are shooting at it means some one is there. Youd be surprised how buggy it is in TH1. Those bots can be lifesavers some times.

Lanigav
14-11-03, 09:41
Do they actually attack targets who open fire now instead of sitting around like retards?

I'm glad they changed their weapon type and improved the damage, but I'd still like to see more of them around, along with the return of the laser turrets near the GRs.

Rizzy
14-11-03, 10:19
Protopharma guards have first loves too and BD have pain easers. Both are pretty damn strong!

Torteth
14-11-03, 13:01
CM guards used to have Rocket Launchers (JD perhaps?) and that was pretty cool. They just randomly changed one day and no one ever said why...

El_MUERkO
14-11-03, 13:28
Maybe the AOE damage was causing problems, killing noobs and such.

ezza
14-11-03, 13:29
if there aim is anything like now, they were proberbly missing the pkers at the entrance and managing to kill a noob at the bunker:rolleyes:

Iorghe
14-11-03, 14:24
Those TH bots are not the new one. In the next testserver patch they will be making the same crappy damage as before.

The new ones were to be found around Pepper Park. I'll spawn some more this evening. I already adjusted several parameters and hope to be able to do some more testing soon.

Kind regards,

J. Folsom
14-11-03, 14:39
Originally posted by Torteth
CM guards used to have Rocket Launchers (JD perhaps?) and that was pretty cool. They just randomly changed one day and no one ever said why... That was actually changed because you could kill them with a store-bought nailgun* without taking damage.

*And yes, that was after the infamous stacking damage bug had been fixed.

ezza
14-11-03, 16:17
Originally posted by Iorghe
Those TH bots are not the new one. In the next testserver patch they will be making the same crappy damage as before.

The new ones were to be found around Pepper Park. I'll spawn some more this evening. I already adjusted several parameters and hope to be able to do some more testing soon.

Kind regards,

guess ill have to pop on to see the results of the new improved bots then, i did see a bot hanging aroundin PP last night.

out of interest what was the weird effect the bots is doing in the shot i took?

Cruzbroker
14-11-03, 17:20
City Admin now has copbots inside? or still the crappy pistol tanks?

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 17:20
Really weak version of the DoY Scout/Defence Bot weapon.

Archeus
14-11-03, 18:10
you would think the most tech savy place on the map should be able to make the best. Although FAs aren't fighters.

How about a TH Security bot that just para spams with a beam (to knock them around the place). Would be funnier.

Heavyporker
14-11-03, 18:15
damn...

while it sounds neat that things are changing up on the faction guard things...

I don't like the bent of things...

I mean, dammit... CM guards supposed to have the minigun cannons.. that... just fits..

and THs are supposed to be using gatling whatevers. I mean, look, it follows that the FA would use piercing weapons to beat back the monks after they fled from Crahn Sect, right? Piercing most effective on monks, no? Why not just up the damage on the TH bots instead of making them do energy! Just seems assbackwards to me.

I can only hope that NExT faction guards (AND SUBWAY GUYS!) will have a baseball bat (as batons) that do uber force damage. It's just right, you see.

And swirlies on faction guards? Just not right, dudes.

I agree though - the Tsunami guys should be using shotguns. It has that nice 'thug' feel :D

Duder
14-11-03, 18:21
Rocket launchers were taken away from the mercs maybe because rocket launchers at that time lagged the zone damm hard.

I think CM should wear a Tank PA, maybe a green colour and a logo on.

CA guards should also wear similiar armor as the CA epic armor.

ezza
14-11-03, 18:43
Originally posted by Duder

I think CM should wear a Tank PA, maybe a green colour and a logo on.

CA guards should also wear simmiliar armor as the CA epic armor.

that would be cool

grr damn the 60 second post thing

enablerbr
14-11-03, 18:45
well if CM wore tank PA then i think so too would TG. simply for them being wastland factions.

Jest
14-11-03, 18:47
Originally posted by enablerbr
well if CM wore tank PA then i think so too would TG. simply for them being wastland factions. I like the TG guards as is personally but would very much like to see a change in the CM guards. They just look outdated, like something out of the 80s. I don't know, they just don't seem to fit. Some sort of PA would own on them.

Duder
14-11-03, 18:48
TG should be wearing maybe parts of tank PA, like everything except the helm, and give it a nice desert/canyon camo and give it a rusty look...

Jest
14-11-03, 18:48
TG should be wearing maybe parts of tank PA, like everything except the helm, and give it a nice desert/canyon camo and give it a rusty look... Ok I changed my mind that would be totally pants.

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 18:49
Well MB is 'the' place to get tank PA. Would kinda make sense.

MB guards in PA and with TSGs would be cool. Just change the model, no extra armour... possibly.

Duder
14-11-03, 18:50
Pants? Is that a bad or good? eh...

enablerbr
14-11-03, 18:51
well an other option would be to make INQ 4 armour and Duran 4 armour visable. then each CM and TG guards would wear them but in the faction colours with logo of some sort.

Jest
14-11-03, 18:51
Pants? Is that a bad or good? eh... SUPER GOOD!!!!

ezza
14-11-03, 18:53
Originally posted by Jest
SUPER GOOD!!!!

damn they must of changed the definition of pants since i last checked:rolleyes:

Duder
14-11-03, 18:53
Now if i could only code and design by just using thought......

Rachius
14-11-03, 19:05
Isnt it strange that pants means bad, yet "the dogs bollocks" means good? Which would you prefer? A pair of pants, or a pair of dogs bollocks?

The look of the guards doesnt make a huge difference. The TH guards look like shite. And are shite. hm.

VetteroX
14-11-03, 19:27
once again... the carebears get their way. I will still find a way to rape TH and I'll slaughter FA wherever I see them. Now FA are just gonna have BD and TT and chran come at the same time instead of take shifts raiding, you wont escape being raided and pked.

Stigmata
14-11-03, 19:29
once again... the carebears get their way. I will still find a way to rape TH and I'll slaughter FA wherever I see them. Now FA are just gonna have BD and TT and chran come at the same time instead of take shifts raiding, you wont escape being raided and pked.

sad.. very sad

Rizzy
14-11-03, 19:29
vet makes me laugh.

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 19:34
Originally posted by VetteroX

Try raiding a city HQ instead for once....actually that would be somewhat hard so you wouldnt like thay, and dude take the hint people dont care what you think especially since you started 2 whining threads in 2 minutes and cant seem to deal with the concept that people dont find it fun to be pked by you when low-level and you dont seem to understand that your not the centre of the universe.

Anyway all guards are being upgraded on the test server as experiments only and wont be nessesarily upgraded on the retail servers and I dont see anywhere where theres confirmation of bot numbers being increased.

So cut you whiny crap.

Lachdanan
14-11-03, 19:35
ROFL

well..
I would like to be included in this thread.
k? thanks.

VetteroX
14-11-03, 19:48
Let me explain again because most of you dont get it. we pk tgs outside, and mercs outside, so they cant run to the guards like pussies. in TH you HAVE to pk them inside... theres nothing outside. Nobody understands that very simple point.

I just levels my apu in tsunami hq, ive been in city faction hqs. Im BD, I hate most of the city as much as I hate TG and FA and CM.

If your asking for more guards, and more powerful guards, all your saying is your a coward who needs 80/80 - 100/100 npcs who take 10X as many hits to die as any player to protect you, why cant you protect yourself?

FA is for ADVANCED players. If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Iorghe
14-11-03, 19:48
The TH Bots will get another update with the next testserver patch.

The spiderbots in the wastelands (regions of MB) will no longer shoot plasma bullets, but have to be tested. I also learned them to move faster and to automatically attack any human.

Kind regards,

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 19:57
Let me explain again because most of you dont get it. we pk tgs outside, and mercs outside, so they cant run to the guards like pussies. in TH you HAVE to pk them inside... theres nothing outside. Nobody understands that very simple point.

I just levels my apu in tsunami hq, ive been in city faction hqs. Im BD, I hate most of the city as much as I hate TG and FA and CM.

If your asking for more guards, and more powerful guards, all your saying is your a coward who needs 80/80 - 100/100 npcs who take 10X as many hits to die as any player to protect you, why cant you protect yourself?

Ah people are cowards if they want to level and tradeskill in peace but your not a coward since you run from the guards and kill undefended newbies, personally I think thats hypocritical and dude people who want to be left alone arent cowards but people who pick on the weak are cowards so that makes you more of a coward then any FA who just wants some security so they will be left alone and if you read the FA history they broke from the Crahn Sect so they could continue their research in peace so keeping pks out of TH would be fitting the story rather then your leave all the noobies unprotected so I can kill them approach

Before you say FA should defend their home you forget that FA are meant to be scientists not warriors where as TG and CM are so FA storyline wise are very weak with warrioer but have alot of technical skills so would have a lot of bots to defend them and not warriors where as TG and CM are the opposite, so going along with storyline TG and the MB should have reduced npc guards but TH should have a drastic amount higher, Im not saying that Th shopuld be swarming with bots either but more then the 6 that are placed where they cant do anything.

Archeus
14-11-03, 20:01

Your the one claiming they are l33t. So you should have no problem with the new guards. :p

So you are saying you do not have the skills to play as an advanced player?

Shockwave
14-11-03, 20:17
LOL!! How did I know Vet would be on here crying like an infant at some point? Anything that affects his little ego-boost PK runs in TH MUST be bad by definition, obviously. I know! How about we remove all the security bots and turrets there entirely, and change the name from "Tech Haven" to "Vet's RPKing Haven"!
:rolleyes: :lol:

Edit:

What would you do if everyone took your advice (It would be everyone, because you're SO uber OBVIOUSLY no-one could stand the heat in your particular kitchen... :rolleyes:), and you GRed to an utterly abandonned TH one day?

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 20:25
Vet seems to think that all enemy chars should just line up in an anarchy zone and wait for him to kill them but somehow I dont think it will happen.

Futureman
14-11-03, 22:03
Thats pretty fucking scary about the Protopharm guards with FLs. And i hear that the Speedgat CMs are a little bit strong. Something has to give though, doesn't it? So the next time someone wants to raid MB, they'll have to run from the outside, (because as Stigmata reported that they killed him in one clip). I doubt that being anywhere in MB will be habitable now. Sounds to me like the pked will just hang out by faction guards now. Which kinda sux, but maybe we'll get some new gameplay out of it.

Vet unfortunately saw another thread that wasn't about him and had to interject. If FA is for Advanced players, and you are such a badass as you say, then why don't you join them, instead of hanging out in your cushy Plaza apartments in the off hours? o_O Don't you think that would be intersting?

Honestly, i see any change as a good thing. I take it all in stride, because i realize that this game isn't only about what I want and what makes me happy.

Please vet, the insecurity is telling. Of all the pkers on the server, you are the only one who needs attention on the forums. Why?

Jest
14-11-03, 22:22
Yah in all honesty being FA is way harder than BD or TG. :eek: Well depending on your play style I guess. If BD kept to PP like FA keep to TH then BD would prolly be harder. Though they still dont have to put up with all the political crap that we have to.

VetteroX
14-11-03, 22:30
I would never be FA because theres not enough people for me to pk. Like 1/2 there server is TG, and I dont like TG's. As it sats, its for advanced player cause its hard to get started, that all, which crushes your undefended newbies bullshit.

Shockwave
14-11-03, 22:42
I would never be FA because theres not enough people for me to pk. Like 1/2 there server is TG, and I dont like TG's. As it sats, its for advanced player cause its hard to get started, that all, which crushes your undefended newbies bullshit.

I guess Archaeus, Futureman, and Jest are right then, Vet - The Fallen Angels are just too much of a challenge for you. Anyone can be a Black Dragon RPKer - it's easy killing people when everyone is an enemy. It takes REAL skill to be a Fallen Angels RPKer.

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 23:03

You can pk anyone in any faction as FA or any other faction, you just lose SL and all you have to do is pay attention and you wont go red its harder pking but then again you dont like anything thats hard do you?

ezza
14-11-03, 23:06
Vet Pks his enemies where as what you are talking about is pking anyone

how did my fun thread end up political anyhow:(

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 23:08
Mods should close this, it's simply become a Vet bashing thread.

ezza
14-11-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Mods should close this, it's simply become a Vet bashing thread.

yup your right.

mods please close this thread now.

fucking assholes just a fun thread and you fuck it up with political discussion:mad:

Nidhogg
14-11-03, 23:30
Let's try a friendly "get back on topic" post before closing it...

*ahem*

Stay on topic please. No flames. Thanks ever so. :)

N

Archeus
14-11-03, 23:36
I still think the TH bots should be almost impossible to kill but they para spam with beam effect (to kick the person around). Not freeze them to the spot but certainly slow them down a lot and dont do much damage (so you can't level off them).

Much better way to defend the city that way. It will also stay in with the plot that TH aren't fighters. Plus TH is the only place to buy freezer pistols.

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 23:36
Nid somehow doubt it will should close it and delete the last 2 pages or so.

Shockwave
14-11-03, 23:51
One thing's for sure: TH is in desperate need of these upgraded security bots. No other bases in the game have such easily ignored defenders.

Apologies to Ezza for helping corrupt his thread.

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 23:55
Nice sig shockwave. :(

How about giving a combat bonus to fallen angels when they are in TH?

Shockwave
15-11-03, 00:01
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Nice sig shockwave. :(

How about giving a combat bonus to fallen angels when they are in TH?

lol! If you don't like it mate, I'll change it. :)

Doesn't really fit. As Archeus said, the FAs are scholars, not fighters. That doesn't mean their defensive units should be the weakest in the game, though. :)

KRIMINAL99
15-11-03, 02:29
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That was actually changed because you could kill them with a store-bought nailgun* without taking damage.

*And yes, that was after the infamous stacking damage bug had been fixed.

... Funny you should mention that

I used to solo doom harbringers with my pistol pe back in the day... But it wasnt just cause they did less damage. I could circle strafe them like I was on crack like I would a player and only get hit like once ever few minutes then go heal. Then one day I went in to fight them and they no longer actually had to hit me to do damage. As soon as I got near them my health would just drop 300 points at a time. The funny thing was the servers had a crapload more people then than they do now, so it wasn't a lag issue caused by people.

I wonder if they didnt just decide to purposely introduce a lag in mob damage to make them more unpredictable or something...
All the mobs now do the same thing... you will just randomly catch on fire when fire mobs are just sitting there, you will lose a ton of health way before storm bots shoot, etc etc. This never used to happen no matter how many people were on.

Rade
15-11-03, 02:48
That "fix" should really get reworked.

Sorin
15-11-03, 02:56
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
I wonder if they didnt just decide to purposely introduce a lag in mob damage to make them more unpredictable or something... All the mobs now do the same thing... you will just randomly catch on fire when fire mobs are just sitting there, you will lose a ton of health way before storm bots shoot, etc etc. This never used to happen no matter how many people were on.

OMFG I hate that. :mad: You'll be standing behind a big wall, having been out of range of the johnny for a good 5 seconds when all of a sudden 200hp disappear into oblivion. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ARGH.

Stigmata
15-11-03, 03:29
[edited for violation of the forum rules - to many to list here]

Please check your e-mails

MayhemMike
15-11-03, 03:37
stig neva lies. k

Rieper
15-11-03, 03:44
Originally posted by MayhemMike
stig neva lies. k

this is true. mike has however on occasion been known to lie.

Stigmata
15-11-03, 03:44
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Rieper
15-11-03, 03:47
*strokes chin*

Mr_Snow
15-11-03, 04:25
Well being female may explain the self-centredness that he/she.it has shown in all threads concerning TH raids, security and FA in general.

Iorghe
15-11-03, 05:35
nid said no flames [sozz ezza closed - Iorghe]