View Full Version : HOLY COW! And you people say KK don't listen...

Nvidia
14-11-03, 02:10
If you haven't seen it already... go check out the Test Server 218 Patch.

I'd say pretty much EVERY bitch I have seen in the past month or so on these forums has been fixed with one patch.

Excellent job KK, you may not show you're listening through community updates, but it's obvious once the patch comes out.

I think all the tankies will be a little happier soon :)

[EDIT] Bah! Sorry for posting this, Niddy. I didn't see the previously locked subject on the same topic as this one. You can lock it.

Shujin
14-11-03, 02:12
and they added some community gfx ;D!! see thread called "CONGRATS MAARTEN!"

Vid Gamer
14-11-03, 02:32
I agree, they are excellent indeed. :)

X452
14-11-03, 02:34
im just wondering.......

when will we get it all on the real servers though :S

Shadow Dancer
14-11-03, 02:36
Originally posted by Nvidia

I'd say pretty much EVERY bitch

No not even close.

But still, it's a good start. :)

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 02:38
The effect of para hasn't been changed, which... bleh. It don't matter the cast time/mana cost, like the freezer, PvP looses fun with it still in.

Other than that a good patch.

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 02:42
Its a start and yes para has been made harder to use and slower to use but still has the same effect so hasnt been put right yet unless kk want to add about another 10 belt slots for anti-shock drugs and speed up the effects of anti-shock drugs.

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 02:46
Uhhh...... KK normally.....patches things we ask.....

Why do people suddenly realise KK do things we ask..
....then forget....
then bitch....
.....then realise they do things we ask....
o_O

X452
14-11-03, 02:48
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Why do people suddenly realise KK do things we ask..
....then forget....
then bitch....
.....then realise they do things we ask....
o_O

but isnt that the natural order of ANY MMORPG ??

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 02:48
QD they may do things that we ask, some of them atleast but they are slow about it and yes lack of staff and working on bugs and doy etc but it still gets frustrating when a fundemental pvp problem like para doesnt get fixed and you only see like 2 or 3 patchs in 5 or 6 months.

Nvidia
14-11-03, 02:50
It's the long times right after a huge patch, I think...

A great, big patch comes out, a hotfix comes for it, then no one hears anything from them for a few weeks...

People then seem to assume that KK has "abandoned" them, and never listens to what the community says.

You watch, it'll happen with this patch too :lol:

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 02:52
Its not even a retail patch its a test patch it really depends on how little or much of it goes into retail as to whether its worth getting worked up about.

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 02:54
Some truth in the stuff ya said I guess I'm used to it now cuz I've been watching a while...

the test patch needs stuff ironed out, then it'll probably go to retail....
I hope o_o

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 02:54
From past experience, TS patches are nearly allways brough over to retail entirely.

Mr_Snow
14-11-03, 02:56
Hopefully because it does solve alot of the problems people seem to be most concerned about other then reducing para effects.

g0rt
14-11-03, 04:53
I can still kill a city admin in the TG chaos caves and lose sl...

I can still kill an enemy clan whome I am at WAR with whose faction is neutral to me in PP1 and lose sl...

I can still be attacked by an allied faction member, and choose between losing sl or dying...

I can still kill an enemy and watch an allied ppu come up and res my enemy in front of my face, and either accept it or take sl for killing the ppu...

I can still be spending 2+ hours a day fixing soullight....

Shall I go on? They listen, and those patch notes look great, but no not everything is in there...

ichinin
14-11-03, 05:12
Originally posted by X452
but isnt that the natural order of ANY MMORPG ??

Nope. It's just NC :)

Nerf the Nerfers!

iainy13
14-11-03, 06:20
Sure kk listens. But douse it realy take 2 months to come out with this patch? I would think it would take them a few days to make a patch then launch it to test, concidering they are being payed full time. Maybe im wrong. Or missing somthing here. Someone enlighten me.

FBI
14-11-03, 08:38
the new test server patch is great, it's gunna make me play again.

FBI

Lanigav
14-11-03, 09:12
Now if only they'd do something about the countless sync errors and FRE's a lot of us get.... :\

Still, good patch. Was hoping for a rare gatling cannon and grenade launcher, but I'll go for this too. :)

Spoon
14-11-03, 10:36
I think 50% of the new TS patch is wank.....

KK needs to be fixing more bugs and getting those fixes on Retail, ASAP.....
Instead of trying to nerf one thing, while trying to debug another thing and trying to add content to another thing.......

The next retail patch is going to end up being a MegaPatch(tm), that will come out right before Xmas.....

Remember what happened last Xmas/New Years?

Europeon holiday ring a bell?

Original monk
14-11-03, 11:27
youre not being optimistic spoon but i feel a 100% with ya lol, i aint got a good feeling about this superpatch :) and i dont wonna start loosing my appartment again and i dont wonna see 10000 the same PE's walking around me with the same O/2 rank and the same name :)

Furion
14-11-03, 12:07
Originally posted by g0rt
I can still kill a city admin in the TG chaos caves and lose sl...

I can still kill an enemy clan whome I am at WAR with whose faction is neutral to me in PP1 and lose sl...

I can still be attacked by an allied faction member, and choose between losing sl or dying...

I can still kill an enemy and watch an allied ppu come up and res my enemy in front of my face, and either accept it or take sl for killing the ppu...

I can still be spending 2+ hours a day fixing soullight....

Translated: i still cant gank people without penalty....

dude, lighten up, theres more to this game then ganking those poor noobs :P

garyu69
14-11-03, 12:14
Originally posted by g0rt
Shall I go on? They listen, and those patch notes look great, but no not everything is in there... So what your trying to say is you want everything in the world in one patch.
Quit moaning!
Be happy that the guys at KK are doing something.

I hate whiners!

Nidhogg
14-11-03, 13:10
@Nvidia - no, problems. :)

@Everyone else - please make your comments in the discussion thread on the test server. Thanks.

Closed at thread starter's (and my ;) ) request.

N