PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a hybrid ?

greploco
14-11-03, 00:21
I had one on Jupiter but I deleted it, sort of wish I didn't now. Would have been usefull to test out. Could resurect and use holy energy halo. I remember using a lot of psi boosters though.

does anyone play this way anymore ?

icarium
14-11-03, 00:31
lomming my apu to hybrid, sick of not being able to heal. well i would be lomming him but i havent logged on for 2 days. am summoning the willpower to sit there for 2 hours WASTING my time lomming.

zAo
14-11-03, 01:39
i think i have a setup that may work for a hybrid........ i would like to test it out on the test server first but i dont know if i can get all the stuff i need..........anyone have a apu kami on the test server they will lend me?

Psychoninja
14-11-03, 01:45
There are only 2 people I know that are hybrids.
Thats Kreal and Techi who I will admit have guts ;)

mehirc
14-11-03, 03:32
I always have been a hybrid and i am still happy. But i use Energy Beam(or HL) and most holy spells.

Glok
14-11-03, 03:36
I think hybrids would still be the ultimate solo mob hunters, at any rate. If I ever reroll (and re-activate.. :p) I would make a hybrid.

renton
14-11-03, 04:33
i seenz a hybrid monkey on uranis dat had a pritty pritty good set up.

he was waring blue pa and getting humped by a lib pe, using holy shelters and heal. i asked why he took so much dmg from just one guy, his answer was to hl the guy to death.

he was using the kammi chip (obvousley) but could manage to use all the rare apu/ppu spells, which was nice.

for one on one combat he was very well ballanced, taking nice dmg from the libby but being able to heal up relitivley fast. his dmg output was nothing like a pure apu but could still prove leathel in combination with the heal/shelters.

greploco
14-11-03, 12:12
that's about the most unique setup I've heard of renton ... I'll have to think on that one

Shockwave
14-11-03, 12:42
Oh god... Don't tell me the APU Kami chip has made a monk using Holy Lightning and Holy Parashock possible again. :(

ericdraven
14-11-03, 12:44
Originally posted by Shockwave
Oh god... Don't tell me the APU Kami chip has made a monk using Holy Lightning and Holy Parashock possible again. :(
That's right.

But i doubt that it was intended. :D

Maximilian
14-11-03, 12:57
I was a Kami hybrid and a regular hybrid for a while. They are fun but not viable in other than one vs one battles.

/ Max

Original monk
14-11-03, 13:09
a hybrid ? whats that ?

owyeah them monks using both apu and ppu, those are veeeery rare :)

El_MUERkO
14-11-03, 13:10
Kreal has a decent Hybrid setup but its knife edge stuff and if he dies he'll probably end up dropping something valuable.

Stigmata
14-11-03, 13:17
Omni is the only active hybrid i know of saturn.

Rizzy was making one but i think he has put that on hold.

that's about the most unique setup I've heard of renton ... I'll have to think on that one

Also @ greploco search for posts by Rizzy and you will see his Kami setup with individual stats, which should give you a good idea of how u could set one up.

As i remember it was 140 PPU and 130 APU (with Kami) using ppu armr to buff and APU armor or shelter vest to fight with so you can still heal in mid fight

Andy

Rizzy
14-11-03, 13:31
its not on hold stig! 94 psi and rising :)

dr.fish
14-11-03, 15:59
ask omnituens, he a good hybrid on pluto and will be testing kami setups.

anyways he answered a few of my questions

Stigmata
14-11-03, 16:06
ask omnituens, he a good hybrid on pluto and will be testing kami setups.

anyways he answered a few of my questions

er saturn you mean ?

Andy

dr.fish
14-11-03, 16:07
oops yeah saturn sorry :p

ghandisfury
14-11-03, 16:58

Yes it does....but they take EXTREAM damage as well...which balances them.

Cruzbroker
14-11-03, 17:02
I am hybrid on pluto, though it's lil on hold (I play it sometimes).. only /20 or something atm. tho.

Techi
15-11-03, 10:53
I can vouch, as a hybrid on Pluto, that I'm way overpowered in PvM. No man with less than 300 hp should be able to stand down a persecutor in less than 2 minutes......stand down...not run and hide and heal, or use the landscape for cover..
At the same time, my rank makes me get absolutely nothing from anything under a perse/chaser. You'd be surprised how much being 106/55 on your own stuff and 119/55 on a psi combat 3 really gimps you. I haven't even come close to capping yet.

As for PvP....I'm far better than I was when I was pure APU, and when I was PE. It's working out well, but there are times when I still feel like a total gimp. If you have the right setup, it's not a razor sharp edge to walk, and losing things doesn't really cost you that much, unless you haven't covered for that possibility. Kreal walks a thin line because he's clanless, and therefore has no real inlet for rares, as his rank keeps him from getting many in loot, but with the proper backing, it's easy as hell.

In any case, I'm by no means beyond a quick death when it comes to PvP. Takes a few HL hits to bring me down, or a few bursts from a CS...I can take what people deal to me, but in the end, it still comes down to how you play it. The dangers to me these days never come from mobs, but from players.

Whether something needs to be changed or not is really up to everyone else, but my honest opinion is that hybrids are ok where they are, if they can figure out how to use them effectively.

My current setup allows (with PPU PA) the use of holy everything, including holy rez and holy para, as well as HL, FA, holy antibuff, and holy heal san, and with APU PA, my dmg is drastically increased on the APU modules. I'm using a core, DS, kami, and something else, and I cap my psi pool. It should be pretty obvious from there, if you work it out, exactly what my setup is. I'm sure this will be some new trend that people will try until they stop liking it or something.

Anyway....yeah...

Omnituens
15-11-03, 12:26
Thats the only problem with a hybrid setup.

Your stupidly high rank.

'You got no reward for killing the Doomreaper. Pick on someone your own size!'

;)

Mumblyfish
15-11-03, 13:22
Pluto hybrid, can use all APU modules and everything up to Uber Blue Beam Of Instant Death PPU-wise. That said, I'm only PSI 84, so a Holy Ressurection may not be far off.

Hybrids are crazy fun, and it's a shame I only LoMed to it several patches after the BIG nerf. Nice to see there's still so many of us about :)

Oh, and in PvP I bitch slap spies. But that's not saying much, is it?

Cruzbroker
15-11-03, 14:35
Oh, is there some clan I could join on pluto? I need support ;) 8|

tips o_O :
Energy beam is almost as good as HL when it's 4-5 slotted (perfect).
Random damage makes them pretty much equal.
PPW increases ALOT every 5 points, (2-4 point = 3-5% to dmg/hnd, 5 points = ~10+ % to dmg/hnd)

Shockwave
15-11-03, 16:38
Ok, so to recap:
Hybrids are viable again, but realistically only if you've got Clan support because getting rares on your own is almost impossible. While it is possible for them to use an HL and a HP, you might as well be using a constructor-built version of a spell you can buy in Yakarma, because it does the same damage. Oh, and Hybrids are like PEs, only can take and dish out more punishment (IE can go toe to toe with Grim Persecutor without too much hassle).

I wish KK would make up their minds: Do they want Hybrids viable or not?

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 16:52
KK does want hybrids viable, they said it.

But what do you consider viable? I don't consider kreal's hybrid realisticly viable. He has to put on PPU pa to buff and heal, and APU pa to attack. That's why I call him the pepper park hybrid. I'm sure the hybrid problem will pop up soon in the future. I really wish KK had somehow restricted hybrids from using holy buffs, I have a feeling that would have been far better for balance. IMHO.

Shockwave
15-11-03, 17:05
Wonder if you could post the link to there KK said that for me please, Shadow - the last statement I remember was from when the Hybrid nerf came out, and KK stated that they had never intended Hybrids to even be on a level with Pures, let alone radically over-power them.

Personally I'd say having to swap the Power Cloak you're wearing in order to buff, then swapping back to go offensive again a very small price to pay for the power Hybrid setups seem to bring. Yes, they're more vulnerable to incoming fire, but that would be significantly offset by the assorted PPU Holy-level spells the monk will have running. How many other classes can solo a Grim toe-to-toe? And by effectively making hybrids "Super-PEs", they're devaluing the entire PE class (Possibly even making PEs totally redundant).

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 17:17

Personally I'd say having to swap the Power Cloak you're wearing in order to buff, then swapping back to go offensive again a very small price to pay for the power Hybrid setups seem to bring. Yes, they're more vulnerable to incoming fire, but that would be significantly offset by the assorted PPU Holy-level spells the monk will have running. How many other classes can solo a Grim toe-to-toe? And by effectively making hybrids "Super-PEs", they're devaluing the entire PE class (Possibly even making PEs totally redundant).

Actually, good point there. IT's sort of like a trade off. Again, IMO the problem is holy buffs.

The kami hybrid setup actually is overpowered for PvM, I totally agree. Since the kami hybrid setup can have near equal apu power, with buffs and damage boost to go.

Wonder if you could post the link to there KK said that for me please, Shadow - the last statement I remember was from when the Hybrid nerf came out, and KK stated that they had never intended Hybrids to even be on a level with Pures, let alone radically over-power them.

What I remember(you want me to do a search? O_o) is that KK intended hybrids to be equal to pures but in a different way. Basically as viable as each pure but not as powerful as those pures in the respective fields. You know, like PE is viable but his offense isn't like tanks, and his psi isn't like PSIs blah blah.

What really irks me, is that I sometimes feel like KK didn't know what to do with monks at some points in NC history. I also feel that they should NOT have brought out pure monks until they either balance hybrids or fully knew how and what to do with the monk class.

Did I make sense?

Ka0s^
15-11-03, 18:11
right thats it...ive tried to stay away from making a Hybrid (i had 1 on test before teh nerfs) but you guys that have spoke about them being semi viable have swayed it for me lol im gonna make 1, watch this space....rofl:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruzbroker
16-11-03, 03:05
ONOZ soon I'm not special anymore o_O
gotta think something totally different again.. 8|
at least I got 2 of those which are 1 from 1000

Omnituens
16-11-03, 12:58
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
But what do you consider viable?
as they are now. leave them be.

anyone thinking of using a hybrid for PvP, don't bother. its not worth it. not unless you want to kill spies for the rest of your life.

only if you've got Clan support because getting rares on your own is almost impossible
incorrect, they can go out the longest on hunting sessions and survive almost anything. Hybrids are the gods of PvM.

Maximilian
16-11-03, 13:40
Actually... Hybrids are VERY viable in PvP.

They take down any class except APUs 1vs1 in a closed environment.

And they take down APUs too if they can run,hide and heal

In a clan war situation they are not that viable.... but then again only APUs and PPUs are :)

/ Max

t0tt3
17-11-03, 01:12
Yea you just need DS, APU kami and the core :lol: thats not so hard to get :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 01:19
Originally posted by t0tt3
Yea you just need DS, APU kami and the core :lol: thats not so hard to get :rolleyes:

:lol: exactly

All these "supposed" viable setups that 2-3 people use and requires all sorts of foolishness.

Originally posted by Omnituens
as they are now. leave them be.

anyone thinking of using a hybrid for PvP, don't bother. its not worth it. not unless you want to kill spies for the rest of your life.

If they are not good for PvP, how are they viable?

lol

Scikar
17-11-03, 01:26
The one thing I did think of regarding hybrids is that they should be the ones making a use of blessed shelter, level 2 buffs, the normal antibuff/shield, and the normal antidote etc, while the holy versions are for pures. But if hybrids are OK now then there's no need to change them.

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Scikar
The one thing I did think of regarding hybrids is that they should be the ones making a use of blessed shelter, level 2 buffs, the normal antibuff/shield, and the normal antidote etc, while the holy versions are for pures.

I agree.

But if hybrids are OK now then there's no need to change them.

IF they were, their would be more of them. Look at droners and melee tanks, are they "ok"? :p

ericdraven
17-11-03, 01:34
If they are not good for PvP, how are they viable?

lol
Probably because he - opposite to you - prefers PvM over PvP.. uh.. what a strange attitude. Disgusting.

hinch
17-11-03, 01:36
i lommed my hybrid to pure ppu

but before i lom i did some tests with some apus and some tanks

i could still withstand and outheal 2 tanks and 2 apus and after a VERY long fight they died.

yes i did occationally have to nip behind a walll to get a sanctum up and shuffle more psi boosters

no i couldnt just stand there and sex them anymore and if i had stood still i wouldnt have outhealed them

but over time and if played properly a hybrid is still viable for dueling and arranged fights

however playing the role of a ppu bitch is impossiable almost not completely just very very hard as your defences on others are less than bollocks

opwars well dont even get me started the best thing to do for them is either stick in def chips or apus chips and get a combat booster + put on some pa and become as close to pure as you can when you know your going to an op war.

pvm with correct cons setup is as easy as ever though. just pvp is requiring a little more thought
if the hybrid nerf was a sensiable % i suggest 25% then hybrid would be close to perfectly ballanced for pvp which is where your wanted as your defences although no where near as good as a ppu are good enough to make you last longer then 20 seconds and your offence although no where near as good as an apu are still enough to do "some" damage to the enemy (possiably around that of a pn drone)

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 01:38
Originally posted by ericdraven
Probably because he - opposite to you - prefers PvM over PvP.. uh.. what a strange attitude. Disgusting.

For me to consider a class viable it has to be viable for both PvP AND PvM, not just one or the other.

Anyways I think the hybrid penalty should be reduced, but only if there was someway to restrict holy buffs from hybrids.

Scikar
17-11-03, 01:39
Come on hinch, you say you beat 2 tanks and 2 apus by yourself and then say you need boosting to be balanced? :lol:

hinch
17-11-03, 01:40
yeah it took about 40 minutes which is not really pvp i was running around like a march hare sticking heals off as often as i can

if they`d been any pe`s spys or ppus involved i`d have lost because they`d simply outhealed it i deliberatly picked chars with next to fuck all healing power

as stated atm they are fine for duels and arranged fights

however in opwars forget it simply not powerfull enough and as also stated this is where they would mainly be wanted.

now also note kk stated the nerf at 30% its been calculated at 47% but that could be kk code (tm) trickery so a 25% is only 5% less than stated by kk which in tern would still keep holy defences as good as useless but would mean that a blessed hybrid with a energy beam (combat boost to holy lightning) would be perfectly viable for combat in both pvp and pvm

explained better now?

.Cyl0n
17-11-03, 01:44
Come on hinch, you say you beat 2 tanks and 2 apus by yourself and then say you need boosting to be balanced? :lol:

yes a hybrid can still do that... BUT the fights lasts at least 30 mins then...

imo the hybrid nerf is 47 %.... 25 % would be perfect to balance em

.cy

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 01:46
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
yes a hybrid can still do that... BUT the fights lasts at least 30 mins then...

Exactly, which is why they should be restricted from holy buffs and made "realisticly" viable. IMO. :)

.Cyl0n
17-11-03, 01:55
Exactly, which is why they should be restricted from holy buffs and made "realisticly" viable. IMO. :)

i could live with that.. but HOW do you want to do that if not all monks are hybrids ?

thats whati want KK to do.. make all monks hybrids and remove / balance some spells...then take holy buffs away.. i dont care :)

.cy

/e maybe umm make some kind of uber high ppu req on holy buffs ?
or make them rare... lol

Mumblyfish
17-11-03, 01:55
Please. No. I like my holy buffs. If you take them away, there'll be quite a few pissed off hybrids wanting your skull, with the little goopy bits and all.

For the last friggin' time, hybrids are viable. They are balanced. They are the worst at PvP, best at PvM. That seems like a fair tradeoff. Leave it like that.

.Cyl0n
17-11-03, 01:57
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Please. No. I like my holy buffs. If you take them away, there'll be quite a few pissed off hybrids wanting your skull, with the little goopy bits and all.

For the last friggin' time, hybrids are viable. They are balanced. They are the worst at PvP, best at PvM. That seems like a fair tradeoff. Leave it like that.

for you .....
i know at least 10 ppl that want to pvp with their hybrids..

.cy

/and btw before they fixed the monk point bug my hybrid only used blessed buffs ... its easy to pvm with that too.. except mc5 its really np

Shadow Dancer
17-11-03, 01:59
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
i could live with that.. but HOW do you want to do that if not all monks are hybrids ?

I think that can be done with keeping pures in the game.

I don't know if it would be possible to code or not, but KK has shown in the past that their more flexible then they appear. Maybe make TL 95+ ppu spells require that you have little or not apu and vice versa.

O_O

That's an interesting way of looking at it. But ultimately I don't think that's the answer. Didn't you say hybrids were overpowered for PvM?

.cyl0n is correct, blessed shelter still kicks ass for PvM. Hell for PvP as well.

mehirc
17-11-03, 03:45
A hybrid can be very viable in wars atm, the only problem(its a challenge thats the problem for most people) is that it is very hard to become a good hybrid, but fact is that it is possible! You dont believe me? 8|

I am so sick of proofing every day that a hybrid can be very viable and always have to listen to all the crap that is said about him. I think its because people use to match the hybrids with the pures all the time, especially the APU that is the simpliest but most effective class you can play atm. NOTHING can reach the pures in wars, also NOT hybrids, ok? And its not ALL about dmgoutput in fights. If you get hit by my Antishield you will know what i mean for example...

I really dont understand what you all want the hybrid to be. :confused:

Why you just dont say NOTHING is viable in wars but the pure PPU and pure APU?