PDA

View Full Version : Finally Pokers can start charging more

Archeus
13-11-03, 20:50
With fixed poke tools. Should be intresting to see how that goes down.

Noticed the Para changes. Like them. ^_^

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 20:52
Could you explain that to me? I'm confused as to what fixed poke tools means.

THanks.

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 20:53
shadow, you go to crytons and look at ALL the poke tools (especially the remote poke tools)

But it still doesn't take assholes that walk away without tipping.

Archeus
13-11-03, 20:54
It means if you want an MC5 chip poked in by a poker that poker is going to have to cough up 1 million creds to buy a tool to do it.

But it still doesn't take assholes that walk away without tipping

Simple you ask for the money up front with a set fee. You get people who whine but for a lot of people they just pay a set fee and take the pokes.

When I had poking skill I made good *steady* money with upfront fees. with just tips you get lucky occasionally.

Scikar
13-11-03, 21:00
Originally posted by Heavyporker
shadow, you go to crytons and look at ALL the poke tools (especially the remote poke tools)

But it still doesn't take assholes that walk away without tipping.

If they weren't satisfied with the service they won't tip. Just because some people need a blow job to be satisfied doesn't mean they should tip you for just a poke. If you want money, say so, you can't exactly complain that somebody didn't pay you when there's no fee, can you?

g0rt
13-11-03, 21:00
The new patch notes on the test server are uber.

Everything on it is GOOD.

Huraaaw

Archeus
13-11-03, 21:05
Originally posted by Scikar
so, you can't exactly complain that somebody didn't pay you when there's no fee, can you?

It is a culture thing. For example while to most Europeans tipping means "Optional" it isn't in the US as workers live off thier tips.

So I can understand why some people get all worked up when they say "Tip me only" then get nothing for the job.

I just read the test server discussion.. oooh I hope they make most of everything into retail. New TH bots too for Vet to play with. :D

superfresh
13-11-03, 21:07
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Could you explain that to me? I'm confused as to what fixed poke tools means.

THanks.

I believe the patch means there will be level requirements for using certain tech level poke & repair tools. For example, a TL 30 repper won't be able to use a TL 150 repair tool. That's my guess anyway.

SovKhan
13-11-03, 21:20
i get free pokes anyway. parashock nerf was a long time comming.

rezz nerf without an antibuff nerf seems stupid to me but w/e.

Tratos
13-11-03, 22:05
Originally posted by g0rt
The new patch notes on the test server are uber.

Everything on it is GOOD.

Huraaaw

EXCEPT the rezz nerf!

~T

nonamebrandeggs
13-11-03, 22:16
Damnit... someones gonna have to buy me one now.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 22:20
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Damnit... someones gonna have to buy me one now.

I got a TL 150 remote poke tool on pluto if you want it.

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 22:39
I bought a 150 remote poke tool ages ago.... about the time the first came out.

Only thing I don't like about the TS patch is the PEPA4 going to DEX 105, yes I am bias but PEs are nicely balanced atm. This will fuck over a lot of PEs, and (although they needed it to a degree) tanks get a boost.

I'm going to be well scared of the rare flamer, poison mod + tank = BAD :p

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 22:41
PEPA sould have stayed 105 dex.

Also, I'm afraid that with poison mod tanks with flamers will do more damage than apus.

Scikar
13-11-03, 22:43
It just means the PEs will have to drug to level 4 PA like every other class. Tanks could also imp themselves to put PA on with drugs and it would hold itself after that, and their PA has also been increased in req. All it means is that if you want to use level 4 PA, you have to drug, like the devs said you would have to. If you want to use PA without drugs then you have to use PA 3, end of story.

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 22:45
I, and most people drugged to use the PA4, otherwise your defense would be royally fucked.. but... meh.

//edit, lets stay on topic, keep the TS discussions where they belong. :D

Krll
13-11-03, 22:46
Originally posted by Archeus
With fixed poke tools. Should be intresting to see how that goes down.

I just tested the tools, and they ain't fixed. :)

The tech 30 tool has no usage requirement. The others do (more about that soon), but they will poke all tech levels regardless, so you can poke MC5 chips with a tech 55 tool as long as you have enough skill.

As for the requirements... well... the tech 90 tool has req 85 implant skill... so I have to waste 3 skill points to be able to use it since the highest tech level imp before MC5 is 84. And the tech 150 tool! It has a 120 req implant skill, meaning you have to invest 25 skill points more than you actually need, just so you can use the tool! Of course, this doesn't matter until they fix the tools properly. :)

-Krll

Cypher_Psy
13-11-03, 23:48
Then you have not seen the Special Rigger Interface which is TL88.

;)

Krll
13-11-03, 23:58
Originally posted by Cypher_Psy
Then you have not seen the Special Rigger Interface which is TL88.

;)

Bugger. :)

-Krll

Clownst0pper
14-11-03, 00:04
Cant get the test server patch notes, anyone got a link for lil old me? :cool:

Krll
14-11-03, 00:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Cant get the test server patch notes, anyone got a link for lil old me? :cool:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81815

-Krll

Spencer Leone
14-11-03, 01:10
Well i won't be using PE PA4 anytime soon anyways,
so no worries for me ^_^

Edit: didn't notice the stay on topic edit, so ignore this and stay on topic :D

Q`alooaith
14-11-03, 03:46
hell poker's could charge anytime, if you stand about yelling poking for tip's who the hell is going to pay when they can get it for free..

It's the player's that make getting good cash from poking impossible..

Shujin
14-11-03, 03:58
It is a culture thing. For example while to most Europeans tipping means "Optional" it isn't in the US as workers live off thier tips.

So I can understand why some people get all worked up when they say "Tip me only" then get nothing for the job.

I just read the test server discussion.. oooh I hope they make most of everything into retail. New TH bots too for Vet to play with. :D thats not true, im american and tipping is optional but its fucked up not to tip... i mean you dont have to but if u dont its just plain rude, and im sure its like that in europe..
at commisary ( groccery store on base ) the baggers are paid in tips only, so its really really fucked up not to tip them, but waitresses are paid an hourly rate and get tips, so tipping them isnt really manditory but very rude not to. if someone cant spare the money to tip, they shouldnt tip. now if someones super rich gets excellent service and doesnt tip, that'd make me hella pissed

fatwreck
14-11-03, 04:03
ive worked in a few resturants, and the hourly that wait staff makes bairly covers their taxes. the hourly is not a source of income for servers

Shujin
14-11-03, 04:05
Originally posted by fatwreck
ive worked in a few resturants, and the hourly that wait staff makes bairly covers their taxes. the hourly is not a source of income for servers

u american or euro?

im american, and the taxes arent to bad w/ me and i get no tips, and i prolly get paid same or less than most servers.. only 6.79 an hour. no tips, but taxes dont hurt to bad, and u get most of it back when ur tax refund or wahtever comes back

Rade
14-11-03, 04:05
hm, what I dont like about the PE PA changes is the fact that PE
pistol PA 1-3 looks like absolute shit, you dont want to get caught
outside in one of those things :/

Shujin
14-11-03, 04:06
damn ;D look at this thread talkin about taxes, money, and pa's

ichinin
14-11-03, 05:21
Originally posted by Shujin
thats not true, im american and tipping is optional but its fucked up not to tip... i mean you dont have to but if u dont its just plain rude, and im sure its like that in europe..

It depends, whenever i order a Pizza or go for a Burger, i dont tip, but when i go out and eat something exceptionally good (chinese food) i usually tip if i really enjoyed the food. Not tipping for stuff like that would be rude... AND i make sure the restourant live on serving great food for me to enjoy in the future.

-=Blasehase=-
14-11-03, 08:48
guys... this is a TESTserver patch... this doesnt mean that ALL comes definitely in retail

and callash wrote in the testserverforum that there are some bugs with the restriction and the psi-things too

Wallen
14-11-03, 10:39
Spies can wear PA 4 without drugs, and the only way they get screwed is in INT, which I guess only really hurts WL I guess.

Stigmata
14-11-03, 10:49

dont give me this nationalist bullshit, tiping may be optional in europe but as far as i have experienced ingame the euro's tip equally to than yankies, granted their are always exceptions to the rule, who dont bother.

But remember it costs you fuck all to poke someone, and you cant say oh well the tool costs xyz nc becuase you would have bought it anyway to poke friends/clan mates

Andy

Archeus
14-11-03, 13:15
thats not true, im american and tipping is optional but its fucked up not to tip...

I can assure you that in the majority of America tipping is not optional (Well optional in that dont expect to buy stuff there again, or get served anytime quicker), unless they have already put a service charge on the bill. They get taxed on thier tips too.

Thier hourly wage is pittance compared to the tips.

Two such incidents I remember my friend paying for a meal when he was visiting in the US and didn't tip. The waitress actually chased us to the door. Another at a bar my friend waiting for me didn't tip for the first two drinks and never got served again at all that evening.

tiping may be optional in europe but

Technically it isn't. In most places the tip is already put onto the bill as a service charge. In the US most places don't put on that charge unless the bill goes over $100 or there are more then a certain number of people (7 for example).

And you don't tip everyone. Servers mainly, taxis, attendants, house maintaince guy, delivery guy, trash.. -_- You certainly wouldn't tip in say McDonalds.

evs
14-11-03, 13:36
poking:

a) costs you nothing, it's their implant and gel costs
b) takes less than half a second to poke unless you are waiting for the user to have more pokes
c) can use any tool as long as you have the skill
d) cant fail

also a tip should be just that, a thankyou
anyone asking for a tip and moaning when they get less than 1k a poke need kicking

fuzzy
14-11-03, 14:01
Originally posted by evs
poking:

a) costs you nothing, it's their implant and gel costs

noting like in "nc's aren't worth anything anyways" and "85 Imp Skill just are 130 Skillpoints in INT"?

b) takes less than half a second to poke unless you are waiting for the user to have more pokes

... and gives less than a half a second worth of XP after you finally met your client.

c) can use any tool as long as you have the skill

right now. see testserver notes.

d) cant fail

also a tip should be just that, a thankyou
anyone asking for a tip and moaning when they get less than 1k a poke need kicking

I absolutely have no problem implanting something for someone I meet, chatter around with and receive nothing at all for it.

I have a problem with Runners shouting around "need imper, urgently, fast, fast, ..." all the time, then not reacting to a direct or any chat at all and after being poked rush off without a word.

jernau
14-11-03, 14:04
Wrt tipping - the difference between EU/UK and US is VAST as Archeus says.

It always amazes me when I'm in the US that people tip for every single round at the bar.o_O I don't mind buying a good bar-keep a pint of whatever at the end of the evening but an implied tax of $1 on every pint really pisses me off. I do it because it's rude not to and I know they rely on it but it's still retarded IMO.

As Stig says though this all has nothing to do with in-game tipping.

Dribble Joy
14-11-03, 14:05
What's annoying is some one asks for a 115 poke and you're the only one who can who's on at that time, you gr accross half the map and they don't tip.... ARG!!!!
Not tipping for a mc5 poke is... grrr, I gimped myself to do this, pay me dammit, take pity!!!!

Archeus
14-11-03, 14:24
Originally posted by jernau
but an implied tax of $1 on every pint really pisses me off.

May vary from state to state, but in Boston the general rule was.
Drinking with a group = 15%
Drinking alone = $1 tip a drink up to a maximum of $3 total for the evening.

As Stig says though this all has nothing to do with in-game tipping.

Except that a culture thing people have different expectations of what a tip actually is.

For example I work for tips when driving in NC. I have no real way to determine a good price for customers, so tipping is generally ok. If they don't tip me however I don't scream at them (as it is optional) but I wouldn't be so quickly inclined to drive them again if needs be.

A fixed fee of 1k a poke upfront worked fine (+GR costs if onsite). Then 50k for an MC5 poke plus GR costs. People paid those costs.

Just some think that wasting all those skills points and standing around in Plaza I helping others equates to free ride and get irate when you ask for cash up front.

Rade
14-11-03, 14:28
I always tip 1-3k for a normal poke (or repair), unless its a poker
that I have been pooling alot of money into lately, then I dont
bother tipping if its just a run-by-crouch-poke-run-away situation.
If someone logs a char on to poke/repair I usually tip 10k. In the
beginning of MC5 chips I always tipped 50k for TL115 pokes but
now it seems that everyone has 115 poke, some might need a
spy 3 but still, its not rare so doesnt warrant a special tip
anymore. I tip 5k or so for a MC5 *shrug*

Oath
14-11-03, 14:33
theres no way to enforce somene to pay for pokes.

i got a second account, i'll just log an alt, however, i DO tip people who poke me, usually well, i like the feeling of NOT havin to but doing it anyway.

forcing people to tip will destroy the trade........MARK MY WORDS!

Archeus
14-11-03, 14:58
Originally posted by Oath

forcing people to tip will destroy the trade........MARK MY WORDS!

As someone who did this for a while. No it won't. You will get some people irate, but the majority are more intrested in getting poked and back out to the fight/levelling/whatever.

What might be an intresting side effect of this is to charge by the TL of the tool. So for example if you try to pay for a low level poke and slap in an MC5 chip the poker can tell if your trying to pull a fast one.

Oath
14-11-03, 15:04
As someone who did this for a while. No it won't. You will get some people irate, but the majority are more intrested in getting poked and back out to the fight/levelling/whatever.

What might be an intresting side effect of this is to charge by the TL of the tool. So for example if you try to pay for a low level poke and slap in an MC5 chip the poker can tell if your trying to pull a fast one.

Lol, sorry i forgot the smileys, i thought the whole Caps loclk woulda said it all,

pisstake./

Jesterthegreat
14-11-03, 15:12
I'm more bothered about the spy PA going up O_o

like any combat viable spy has even 110 dex...

Oath
14-11-03, 15:24
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
I'm more bothered about the spy PA going up O_o

like any combat viable spy has even 110 dex...
Exactly.........also tank PA going back up............i got 111 str with it lol, no fooking way am i gimpimg my ass to add more str.

Jesterthegreat
14-11-03, 15:33
Originally posted by Oath
Exactly.........also tank PA going back up............i got 111 str with it lol, no fooking way am i gimpimg my ass to add more str.

i rerolled my tank - was considering making him again to use new rares... but i guess i wont bother lol

maybe ill try it on test server if i can be bothered to update it

:edit: my spy will have 109 dex in pa 2 iirc... drug into pa3 was possible

Stigmata
14-11-03, 15:42
May vary from state to state, but in Boston the general rule was.
Drinking with a group = 15%
Drinking alone = $1 tip a drink up to a maximum of $3 total for the evening.

1$ per drink in my local would cost me about 15$ extra per night.

so if i was to drink like i normally do spending £50 on drinks/crisp/bandit/pool etc i would end up spending an extra £15 hahaha.

I buy the barstaff a drikn if they are good, if they look miserable they get nothing, if they are a fit bird they may get 2 or 3 and something extra if their lucky....or do i mean if im lucky

Andy

Archeus
14-11-03, 15:57
Originally posted by stigmata
1$ per drink in my local would cost me about 15$ extra per night.

so if i was to drink like i normally do spending £50 on drinks/crisp/bandit/pool etc i would end up spending an extra £15 hahaha.

I buy the barstaff a drikn if they are good, if they look miserable they get nothing, if they are a fit bird they may get 2 or 3 and something extra if their lucky....or do i mean if im lucky

Andy

No I mean if you are drinking alone, the max amount of money you should of given at the end of the night is $3. Cheaper to drink with friends, although even cheaper to just buy the stuff from a supermarket.

Bladepoint
14-11-03, 22:22
u american or euro?

im american, and the taxes arent to bad w/ me and i get no tips, and i prolly get paid same or less than most servers.. only 6.79 an hour. no tips, but taxes dont hurt to bad, and u get most of it back when ur tax refund or wahtever comes back

Totally off topic, but that's really got to depend on where you work. I remember my college girlfriend working at a diner near the boardwalk in Ocean City NJ being paid like $2.50 hourly granted she usually made far more than that an hour once you added in tips. This was in like 1996 so it was THAT long ago.