PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin of goin PE style Monk Hybrid

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 20:43
I had tested a hybrid setup a while ago on pluto. It was modeled after the PE. It was so much like the PE. I was able to take 10-11 bursts of CS. :p I was almost friggin immune to piercing. And my damage output was that of a blacksun or so. I also had like 450 health or something and good healing capability.

I was using holy energy halo. The only 2 things that turned me off was the offense and the lack of the spell graphic. I wasn't used to such low offense. The hybrid penalty REALLY hurts, I think it's far too high still. However, next patch will have the spell graphic back in. OMG WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. That is so cool. That makes me want to go back to this setup.

The "pros" of this setup is the independence. I don't feel like I'll insta-die if someone ganks me by surprise, like I feel with apu.

What should I do?

Candaman
13-11-03, 20:48
die gracefully

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 20:49
I've been thinking about starting a hybrid. Never had a monk yet, but I'm not going to be a cookie.
Is the nerfing of the opposite stat line REALLY bad? Cos, I've had a few ideas.

Mr_Snow
13-11-03, 20:50
Depends if you wanna pvp or not, apus are better for op fights anyway but hybrids may be better 1v1, but hybrids are best for soloing mobs etc really depends on what you want to do while you play.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Candaman
die gracefully

:lol:

Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Is the nerfing of the opposite stat line REALLY bad? Cos, I've had a few ideas.

Yea, it's really a bit too high. I wish holy level spells had a req where you can't have any apu. That would have been better, heheh ffs it was the hybrid's defense not their offense!!111onenoe.

Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Depends if you wanna pvp or not, apus are better for op fights anyway but hybrids may be better 1v1, but hybrids are best for soloing mobs etc really depends on what you want to do while you play.

Yea, if paralyze is "fixed" I would probably op war a hell of alot more.

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can't decide, lol.

g0rt
13-11-03, 20:58
Why go PE style? You can get dmg down to about 20/burst from a CS on a capped hybrid with 5slot spells...using blessed ppu line, and still achieve 400% dmg and capped freq on poison beam.

Lethal.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 21:00
Originally posted by g0rt
Why go PE style? You can get dmg down to about 20/burst from a CS on a capped hybrid with 5slot spells...using blessed ppu line, and still achieve 400% dmg and capped freq on poison beam.

Lethal.

Because you wouldn't be able to run/cast energy beam, and bless buffs aren't strong enough to ovveride the negative of no run/casting. AND i will NOT "rely" on poison only. That is too weak.

g0rt
13-11-03, 21:02
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Because you wouldn't be able to run/cast energy beam, and bless buffs aren't strong enough to ovveride the negative of no run/casting. AND i will NOT "rely" on poison only. That is too weak.

3 words

holy
energy
halo

you can get about 550% dmg and capped freq on it to go with ur poison beam...does about 35 to a capped tank with good resists at 550% (i know i tested it), and u can spit it out so bloody fast its not funny. stack dmg boost on that, and if ur aim is good u can rack up so much dmg so fast that you will see 80's and 100's coming off his head.

anyway im not here to argue

hybrids are still good

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 21:33
Are you sure? I got like 530% with "normal" buffs, you're telling me you can get 555% with blessed buffs?