PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt this game advertise?

Clothing_Option
13-11-03, 19:43
Why doesnt this game advertise?
I know many threads have been written about this specific issue
But serriously, come the fuck on pluto is dying.

Id like some response from an official source.
or im just gonna quit and take all of EXO with me

Thank you,

Rachius
13-11-03, 19:46
Strike!

KK will tell you its all because of the publisher stuff at the moment. I'm sure that when they've got a new publisher sorted they'll get some advertising out, and maybe even DoY... o_O

:lol:

\\Fényx//
13-11-03, 19:55
because KK chose a moldy rats testicle for a publisher

boneybob
13-11-03, 19:56
They should deffinatly advertise far more than ever has been done *cough, oh wait, did they ever advertise, cough, not on your life, cough**cough,cough*o_O

This game is born to have far more players than it currently dose + if KK got more customers and ditched Cdv then we might see the arrival of more Patched and DoY (coz of employing more staff ect ect).

BB

Genty
13-11-03, 20:32
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
im just gonna quit and take all of EXO with me

Oh no...the threat.......

Pi-Oh-Pah
13-11-03, 20:34
Why doesnt this game advertise?
I know many threads have been written about this specific issue
But serriously, come the fuck on pluto is dying.

Id like some response from an official source.
or im just gonna quit and take all of EXO with me

Thank you,

*Waves*

Cya

wait ......could you throw your stuff from Plaza 1 pls - Im a bit broke at the moment :angel:

redjacket
13-11-03, 20:36
Originally posted by boneybob
*cough, oh wait, did they ever advertise, cough, not on your life, cough**cough,cough*o_O

they had some ad banners on websites... and front page download at File Planet... so they DID advertise... a bit... just not enough...

Scikar
13-11-03, 21:18
If you want to complain about the advertisement do it on the CDV website. It was their job, and they failed. When KK sign up a new publisher, which they are in the process of doing, the first test for them is to see how much advertising they will do.

Clothing_Option
13-11-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Genty
Oh no...the threat.......

its really not much of a threat since theres no one to replace all the pple who have left. hence, pluto is dying. THeres no threat it will just die on its own.....hell even the leader of exo has already left to play another game
we had to elect new leader last night.

Genty
13-11-03, 21:43
its really not much of a threat

Hence the Sarcasum

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 21:48
its really not much of a threat since theres no one to replace all the pple who have left. hence, pluto is dying. THeres no threat it will just die on its own.....hell even the leader of exo has already left to play another game
we had to elect new leader last night.

Sorry to hear that, who was the leader?

Clothing_Option
13-11-03, 21:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Sorry to hear that, who was the leader?

a guy named lucky sparks

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 21:54
a guy named lucky sparks

Ahhhh, I have his dog tag. Sweet :p

nonamebrandeggs
13-11-03, 21:58
CDV has something against KK, they advertize for all the other games the publish, and all the other stuff they publish is UTTER SHIT.

...and wtf is with that Digimon avatar/sig? Are you asian and 8 years old? :p (@Rachius)

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 22:02
Some ads on places like penny-arcade, ign, gamespy, etc. would boost this game massively, and not that expensive either.

amfest
13-11-03, 22:51
yup . . they'd just download the free trial .. which they'd have to sign up their credit card first before even being allowed to download . ..then after that they'd realize they'd have to download all the patches then they'd get to that patch bug with the one where you have to delete the patch before hand in order to advance . ...they wouldn't know .. and half of them would just give up .. and cancel their account before even getting in

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 22:56
That particular patch bug MUST be sorted. You can download the patches in blocks, perhaps with DoY, and a fresh release, NC will come patched t a cirtain level, the downloadable version should have the patches added to them as they are released anyway.

Scikar
13-11-03, 22:57
Originally posted by amfest
yup . . they'd just download the free trial .. which they'd have to sign up their credit card first before even being allowed to download . ..then after that they'd realize they'd have to download all the patches then they'd get to that patch bug with the one where you have to delete the patch before hand in order to advance . ...they wouldn't know .. and half of them would just give up .. and cancel their account before even getting in

Unless - god forbid - one of them actually had a brain, realised that every time he started Neocron up there was an announcement saying "US Version Patcher Bug" and that it just MIGHT have something to do with his problem, downloaded the updated launcher, and found it worked.

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 23:00
Orginally posted by the NeoCron Launcher
US Version Patcher Bug!
If you have installed the US-retail version of Neocron, please copy this NeocronLauncher into your Neocron directory to avoid patch problems.

ONOZ!!!!

Krll
13-11-03, 23:02
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
...and wtf is with that Digimon avatar/sig? Are you asian and 8 years old? :p (@Rachius)

Don't be disrespeting the Digimon... at least it had a plot beyond "Buy our toys!" which is what Pokemon boiled down to. :)

-Krll

Scikar
13-11-03, 23:08
Originally posted by Krll
Don't be disrespeting the Digimon... at least it had a plot beyond "Buy our toys!" which is what Pokemon boiled down to. :)

-Krll

At least Pokemon had morals and was semi-believable. If pokemon was real I think it would actually be quite cool. :)

But I have to say the Beyblade cartoon is utter shite. I've seen my brother watching it before, I can't understand why he'd want to watch it at all. Pokemon I didn't like but I could understand its appeal, but Beyblade?

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 23:13
Beyblade is........ utter shite. Digimon pwns them all. mmmm Rika... sexeh...

Krll
13-11-03, 23:13
Originally posted by Scikar
At least Pokemon had morals and was semi-believable. If pokemon was real I think it would actually be quite cool. :)

Digimon had morals too, it was all about courage, friendship, leadership, etc. (you'd have to watch the later episodes to see it properly. First and third series only, the second one sucked donkeys). Semi-believable? You think keeping strange creatures in little balls and dueling with them is semi-believable? :)

And yeah, Beyblades sucks. :)

P.S. Guess what my avatar is from. ;)

-Krll

Scikar
13-11-03, 23:15
Originally posted by Krll
Digimon had morals too, it was all about courage, friendship, leadership, etc. (you'd have to watch the later episodes to see it properly. First and third series only, the second one sucked donkeys). Semi-believable? You think keeping strange creatures in little balls and dueling with them is semi-believable? :)

And yeah, Beyblades sucks. :)

P.S. Guess what my avatar is from. ;)

-Krll

No I agree with you, I prefer Digimon to Pokemon, even if I don't really go out of my way to watch it. I was just pointing out that Pokemon isn't complete shite, unlike Beyblade. :p

GambitFlame
13-11-03, 23:32
nice to know we kept to the original topic

but in all fairness Digimon > pokemon

with Yu Gi Oh thrown in there somewhere :)

Scikar
13-11-03, 23:35
Yu Gi Oh is only a fraction better than Beyblade. :p

GambitFlame
13-11-03, 23:37
dunno tho

if big monsters came outta my cards id shit myself not stand there and fight O_o

Rachius
14-11-03, 18:05
Web advertising would do some good, but without actually getting into shops - and advertising it there - quite a lot of people will miss it. There were NO advertisements at my local EB/Game, and they had about 2-3 copies of the game. Quite a lot of people got a "whats Neocron?" from stores when they asked about it.[/post legit]

Digimon is better than them all, but I chose Gatomon as my avatar because its cute :p

If you want to see something scary, go to http://www.geocities.com/njorikku

enablerbr
14-11-03, 18:09
how about KK gives out the free trial cds/dvds to pc gaming mags. like EQ and other mmorpgs have done. you'd at least reach a larger audience that way.

QuantumDelta
14-11-03, 18:10
It still makes me think twice when I see your real name Rachius :p

Rachius
14-11-03, 21:07
Do i actually know you, QD?

\\Fényx//
14-11-03, 21:10
Originally posted by Rachius

bwahaha that reminds me heh, forgot that was yer name :p ;)

-FN-
14-11-03, 21:29
I've been trying to, and trying to push the community to... and many of us have been...

But it's frustrating when you try and try, it's public knowledge that you are part of a "Neocron's Fun, ask the community!" movement and KK doesn't bother to even recognize it and goes the extra mile to slap you in the face when shit happens :mad:

Ehyuko
15-11-03, 01:19
Personally I'm GLAD this game isn't advertised at the moment.

Imagine most people's first impression of the game:

Difficulties installing
Difficulties patching
Large numbers of coding bugs [ex: FREs]

Already Reakktor had alienated a large number of players whom may not return even if the product does improve, so in all honesty I'd rather see Reakktor wait until most bugs are squashed on most system types before attracting a lot of attention again. Otherwise they may just scare off a whole new group of players.

So be thankful neocron isn't seen in big posters and is reknown as a wildly buggy MMORPG with serious balancing issues that are currently being resolved, and hope that these issues are dealt with soon... and THEN hope for some advertising.

Neocron has a unique format to MMORPGS in the FPS and player skill as well as stat planning/items aquired sense that blows most other games away, but unless people can actually play the game, new players [and some old] won't stay.

QuantumDelta
15-11-03, 01:42
Originally posted by Rachius
A few months ago I bugged you about being a girl I know IRL or not.

Other than that, no, we've never met.

Zanathos
15-11-03, 02:45
A question we could ask ourselves is.....

Why arent we advertising it?

I know I am.