PDA

View Full Version : What is happening at Reakktor?

Janne82
13-11-03, 19:01
What are Reakktor doing with Neocron? Why is there such a lack of bugfixes / updates? Does Reakktor not have enough employees to fix this game and make it more interesting? Why did we never see any adverts about this game on the web? Why are there so few players? I would like to get some real answers from one of the Reakktor employees so that I know what to expect from this game, cause since beta4 my expectations was very high, but my hope has been diminished ever since it left beta4 :(

13-11-03, 19:05
Well a new patch just hit the test server - as for the rest, we await the outcome of KK new publisher talks......

Cypher_Psy
13-11-03, 19:05
Er, look at the sticky, and the test server and...
:D

El_MUERkO
13-11-03, 19:11
There hasnt been any test patches in a while, now there been a couple over the last few days.

I'd say they were trying to fix some of the bigger problems such as memory leaks and Radeon GFX problems which took longer than anticipated.

To cheer us all up todays Test server patch has some nice changes, hopefully they got the balance right.

KK only have a small team and I'm guessing an ever decreasing amount of money to run this game, I'm hoping, we're all hoping that some publishing company realise DoY would be a success the community past and present would flock to it screaming at anyone willing to listen as they go.

DOY would get positive reviews cause it would deliver a vast, complex and most importantly complete (apart from inevitable bug fixes) MMORPG unlike 90% of games out there at present.

superfresh
13-11-03, 19:38
Tell people about NC. Tell your friends. Tell your grandma.

Janne82
13-11-03, 21:23
Actually I've told my friends, and they shrug when I tell them how good neocron is...

superfresh
13-11-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Janne82
Actually I've told my friends, and they shrug when I tell them how good neocron is...

I get the same reaction from my grandma.

Scikar
13-11-03, 22:50
Originally posted by superfresh
I get the same reaction from my grandma.

:lol:

Most of the friends I've told about NC have started their own accounts.

amfest
13-11-03, 23:03
I couldn't tear one of my friends from diablo 2 .. which was just him walking to the PC .. starting up the bot .... and just watching the screen o_O he'd go do something else and check it every now and then . . . I said hell if you're going to do that go play http://www.progressquest.com/ :D

Houser
14-11-03, 05:41
It's simple, KK is dying. They know it, and some of us know it.

I expect the game to be closing in about a year.

-FN-
14-11-03, 05:48
While you're telling them how great of a game NC is, tell them that they shouldn't bother to invest too much time into their account because even if the only place on Earth their password is is in their head, they can still lose it all in a minute and then get a stupid fuckin link emailed to them in response to it.

I <3 NC.

I !<3 KK.

NeoChick
14-11-03, 07:58
Or you can work like a dog to get nice stuff for your char that is basically irreplaceable in the next month or two at least and that money cannot buy, except perhaps ten million and then you still need luck as well, and due to a stupid bug it suddenly is pooooof all gone, and all that KK will offer you is 100K

This can happen at various times so you sometimes feel that you are just treading space and don't get anywhere

I would not inflict this experience on my friends, relatives, acquaintances - better they never know and stick with their Diablo or whatever

-FN-
14-11-03, 17:24
I'm going around to a lot of other MMORPGs right now and asking on their forums what happens to hacked accounts, repeatedly hacked accounts, and what kind of security/customer service I can expect if I were to join their community. I will report it back here once I get a bunch of responses under my belt.

I doubt any company would just replace stuff, but I'm sure some companies at least *try* to look like they care and are doing something about it.

I've tried VERY hard, time and time again, to promote NC and help NC. But if KK wants to blow their own foot off, that's fine with me. Maybe I'm being expectant, but FFS, I've been publicly trying to get Neocron back on the gaming map (don't fool yourself KK, 75% of the gaming community goes "Neo-what?"), and KK goes and fucks me/us as a community over, yet again.

ezza
14-11-03, 17:29
Originally posted by -FN-
I'm going around to a lot of other MMORPGs right now and asking on their forums what happens to hacked accounts, repeatedly hacked accounts, and what kind of security/customer service I can expect if I were to join their community. I will report it back here once I get a bunch of responses under my belt.

I doubt any company would just replace stuff, but I'm sure some companies at least *try* to look like they care and are doing something about it.

FN at around the time of the first hacks they did care, but when you suddenly get a lot of hack claims that aint genuine its hard to maintain that service.

it was the same at start of retail they would replace weapons, but some expliotive idiots took advantage of that.

same as always, its just hard to see that they do care when it happens to yourself.

i had my account hacked, but i still have faith that KK know what they are doing, no matter how misguided the faith is:p